Options

Question for Packer fans...

DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
If Favre decided to come back, would you guys even want him back?

I mean it's obvious that in poor weather games, such as today's, his body cannot hold up. He crumbled today like he did when the Packers played the Bears back in December. He is nearing forty and his body just doesn't work as well as a younger player's. Sure he might lead the team to another winning season, but the "big interception" is almost a given.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i don't think cold had much to do with it.

it's just amazing that after so many seasons you are guaranteed to see this from him.

it really didn't surprise me at all.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

I mean it's obvious that in poor weather games, such as today's, his body cannot hold up. He crumbled today like he did when the Packers played the Bears back in December. He is nearing forty and his body just doesn't work as well as a younger player's. Sure he might lead the team to another winning season, but the "big interception" is almost a given.

Yeah I'll have him back as long as he can play. It sure beats having ???/ worthless piece of shit QB, back there every week. That's something you would know a lot about!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    pureoc wrote:
    Yeah I'll have him back as long as he can play. It sure beats having ???/ worthless piece of shit QB, back there every week. That's something you would know a lot about!!!

jajajajajaja

at least we made it to the supabowl.
  • Options
    Favre could have easily had the very same game 10 years ago. that's just what you get form him ... the weather had nothing to do with it.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    last week when i was watching eli hand the ball off for the cowboys to beat the giants i could not have forseen either team beating the mighty packers this week...then i remembered Brett Favre plays for them - silly me.
  • Options
    jajajajajaja

at least we made it to the supabowl.

yea and lost. :D
  • Options
    pfffft....hater.

I don't think Farve is the greatest qb of his time like some people say, but I also wouldn't shit on him like that when he just lost a game like that. He's had something like 39 game-winning drives in his career. I doubt he has nearly as many losing drives.

And it's ridiculous to blame that loss on his crumbling body or that interception. The Packers defense was awful all day, and they were very lucky that game even went to overtime. Not to mention the protection he got was pathetic considering the way the Giants were playing the LBs.
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770

Dead wrong. The Giants D just shut the Offence down totally. Farve did fine. Any player any age will have a hard time playing in -47 Degree weather.

Screw the Giants!
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Dead wrong. The Giants D just shut the Offence down totally. Farve did fine.
    Exactly. The Giants shut down the run (25 yards), and made them one dimensional. When the only way you can beat a team is throwing the ball, in 25 mph winds, when the temp is -23, and the ball is hard as a brick, and you cant feel your hands, you are fucked. The lack of run game did them in. Balanced teams win in the playoffs.

It was a great game to watch.

Farve will retire and as a football fan, he will be missed.

As a Giant fan, I would like thank Bret for the last throw of his career. It sure made me happy.

Its the Rodgers era. Good luck.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    Exactly. The Giants shut down the run (25 yards), and made them one dimensional. When the only way you can beat a team is throwing the ball, in 25 mph winds, when the temp is -23, and the ball is hard as a brick, and you cant feel your hands, you are fucked. The lack of run game did them in. Balanced teams win in the playoffs.

It was a great game to watch.

Farve will retire and as a football fan, he will be missed.

As a Giant fan, I would like thank Bret for the last throw of his career. It sure made me happy.

Its the Rodgers era. Good luck.

Favre hasn't said anything about retiring yet. They are the youngest team in the NFL and have alot of talent. We shall see what happens.

Rodgers is better then any QB Chicago has at least. hehe :D