Options

Ebay Horror Stories!!

satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Lately, ive been buying some posters from Ebay and am having the hardest time getting these items to my frontstep. Anyone else have any Ebay stories theyd like to share with the group? Post all horror stories here.

I HATE EBAY!!
*Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
DC- 2006, 2008
New York- 2008, 2010
Boston - Fenway 2016
New Jersey- 2006
Chicago - 2007
Seattle- 2005
EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Lately, ive been buying some posters from Ebay and am having the hardest time getting these items to my frontstep. Anyone else have any Ebay stories theyd like to share with the group? Post all horror stories here.

I HATE EBAY!!

Only had one problem in about 100. Make sure the person's feedback is good, they have a return policy, insure/delivery confirmation, and use paypal (easy to file complaints with them).
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I think as a seller you have a HUGE responsibility to get the items to the buyer as fast as possible. OR at least e- mail them and say " hey got your payment, the item will be shipped in 2 days " I might have to report this guy as I purchased the item at the beginning of the month and still no peep from the seller.

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    knocking hard on wood

Ive had only good experiences
    paypal only
    spring for insured/registered/express mail to track shipments
  • Options
    I've had about 3 or 4 bad experiences. The worst is ongoing right now. Mid-October I paid $750 for a new projector and she never shipped it. So I filed a complaint with paypal and - low and behold - a package arrived a week or so later. It wasn't the projector, it was an old joystick. :mad: But she had the shipping confirmation to prove she sent me the package. She told paypal that she did send the projector. We've had to fax paypal pics of the joystick, the size of the package (it was too small), the postage on the package (it weighed 11 lbs. less than a projector). Then paypal told us to file a police report. We spent an hour at the sherriff's office and when we finally saw a deputy he said, "No crime was committed here. You need to file a report in Illinois. Work with paypal." So we called paypal back and they sent us to an internet fraud website where we could file a report. We also called the police in Illinois, and they said this is a civil case, not a criminal one, so they wouldn't let us file a report, either.
    Finally, today, we received an email from paypal that we would be refunded in full once we return the item.
    So.... I had to pay before she would ship me the item, but I don't get refunded until I send it back? And what happens when she gets it back and says, "they didn't ship the right item." ????
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    I've had about 3 or 4 bad experiences. The worst is ongoing right now. Mid-October I paid $750 for a new projector and she never shipped it. So I filed a complaint with paypal and - low and behold - a package arrived a week or so later. It wasn't the projector, it was an old joystick. :mad: But she had the shipping confirmation to prove she sent me the package. She told paypal that she did send the projector. We've had to fax paypal pics of the joystick, the size of the package (it was too small), the postage on the package (it weighed 11 lbs. less than a projector). Then paypal told us to file a police report. We spent an hour at the sherriff's office and when we finally saw a deputy he said, "No crime was committed here. You need to file a report in Illinois. Work with paypal." So we called paypal back and they sent us to an internet fraud website where we could file a report. We also called the police in Illinois, and they said this is a civil case, not a criminal one, so they wouldn't let us file a report, either.
    Finally, today, we received an email from paypal that we would be refunded in full once we return the item.
    So.... I had to pay before she would ship me the item, but I don't get refunded until I send it back? And what happens when she gets it back and says, "they didn't ship the right item." ????

Was her return address on the package? I think I could have a field day doing different things to somebody who ripped me off if I had their address!
  • Options
    Was her return address on the package? I think I could have a field day doing different things to somebody who ripped me off if I had their address!

No. She thought ahead somewhat... We sent a registered letter to the return address and it came back "no such street."
    That way she could say, "that's not the package I sent them. That's not even my return address."
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    No. She thought ahead somewhat... We sent a registered letter to the return address and it came back "no such street."
    That way she could say, "that's not the package I sent them. That's not even my return address."

This lady sounds like shes done this before....Did she exchange any emails with you? I bet she left a stone unturned somewhere... If you want to PM me her ebay user ID I will take the bait and act like I am falling for her scheme, only to uncover this thief once and for all!

But seriously, situations like what that ladies doing to you annoy me. And, any help you could get on finding her is so impersonal from any authorities.

Good luck though.
  • Options
    Try ordering a gift wrapped dog.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I've only had good experiences, but I'm careful to only buy from people who have high and good feedback, unless it's just for a buck or two. I also pay close attention to the shipping. Quite a few try to rip you off that way. :( I think ebay does a pretty good job weeding out the bad ones especially for the volume involved, but you definitely need to be careful. :) My husband deals in bigger volumes than I do and he also has had good results with the exception of one of his sales. It was hijacked and he had to notify ebay and they had to cancel the auction.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Try ordering a gift wrapped dog.

LOL, Now thats funny!@!!

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    I've only had one probelm with ebay (I was buying a Japanese handbill from a show that PJ did).Any how I sent the money and they said that they didn't get it. I said bullshit on that one.But, other than that,I've had an excelent results with ebay.
    Now on the other hand my dad thinks ebay sucks.Just don't buy electronics off of ebay (his mistake).
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)