Options

A nice surprise

small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Well here I was feeling a bit blue about not being home for Christmas. I posted the other day about how I was feeling better about how lucky I am to have good friends and family :)

So last night my aunt said she was having dinner so I went over with my cousin and my other cousin's girlfriend. It was supposed to be a tree decorating party but when we got there the tree was already done so with all the weird things that were said to me over the past few weeks I thought this was a bit odd. My FAMILY surprised me!!

My mum, gran and sister came out here for Christmas. My mum is sixty and in rather poor health and has NEVER been on a plane before!! What a surprise!!! Needless to say I think it will be a really special Christmas. I really am a lucky girl :D

I hope everyone has great holidays!!

stb
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Yay!
    That is great!
  • Options
    Thanks, Ry. I still can't quite believe it. I had some clues but I never really thought my mum would fly. Last night as we were driving home my cousin "wow, you must feel really special" and I do :D but not in the way that means I have to take a short bus :p
  • Options
    That is so nice of them!!! :)
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    wow, what a nice thing to do, I'm glad to here they came out and surprised you, they must have been smiling all the way there thinking about how you'd react :)

Ah, good old Westjet :p
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    :) that is brilliant and I'm sooooo feckin happy for ya :) . I know you've been putting on a brave face with the whole christmas thing but now ya don't have to :D . You just have to make it worth their while flying all that way... although you are! :p

Seriously, I was almost cryin when ya told me... it's fantastic! :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    :) that is brilliant and I'm sooooo feckin happy for ya :) . I know you've been putting on a brave face with the whole christmas thing but now ya don't have to : D . You just have to make it worth their while flying all that way... although you are! :p

Seriously, I was almost cryin when ya told me... it's fantastic! : )

Aren't you sweet?? Thanks :)

I did cry when I saw them :o

and yes smarchee good ol' Westjet
  • Options
    What a great Christmas gift for you. :)
  • Options
    What a great Christmas gift for you. :)

It is. It really is. :)

I hope Santa finds you, Paddy ! ;)
  • Options
    awww!! That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you that everyone was able to come together. Merry Christmas to you.
  • Options
    awww!! That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you that everyone was able to come together. Merry Christmas to you.

Merry Christmas back to you, Gray :) Safe travels to you tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    that is...

AWESOME!

literally brought a tear to my eye reading that beckygirl...how beautiful and special for you! makes me truly HAPPY for you! :)

MUCH love!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Well here I was feeling a bit blue about not being home for Christmas. I posted the other day about how I was feeling better about how lucky I am to have good friends and family :)

So last night my aunt said she was having dinner so I went over with my cousin and my other cousin's girlfriend. It was supposed to be a tree decorating party but when we got there the tree was already done so with all the weird things that were said to me over the past few weeks I thought this was a bit odd. My FAMILY surprised me!!

My mum, gran and sister came out here for Christmas. My mum is sixty and in rather poor health and has NEVER been on a plane before!! What a surprise!!! Needless to say I think it will be a really special Christmas. I really am a lucky girl :D

I hope everyone has great holidays!!

stb

thats a CRAZY surprise! congrats on that!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    That is so great! They must have been missing you as much as you miss them. ;)
    Enjoy! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Thanks, gals!! :) I still can't quite believe it. It will do so much for my mum's spirits!! I am quite enjoying it too.
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Don't it make me smile? :)

Merry Christmas beautiful girl! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    awwwwwww man that is TOO cool! i know you were feeling sad about being away from family....what a wonderful surprise! this makes me very happy :)
  • Options
    Merry Christmas back to you, beautiful girls :) Thanks for the good thoughts, everyone.
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Honey!! I'm so happy for you that your family came out and surprised you!!! I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas with them....I know you will!!! :D
  • Options
    super cool...

why was I thinking dick in a box?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Honey!! I'm so happy for you that your family came out and surprised you!!! I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas with them....I know you will!!! : D

Thanks, friend!! I better see YOU in the New Year :)
    super cool...

why was I thinking dick in a box?

I am not sure :p Never know what Santa might bring ;)