Options

You ever get the feeling...

Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
edited November 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
that everything is stupid and meaningless....nothing is truly interesting anymore...... everything is contrived...everyone is phoning it in and fake.....

no I'm not depressed, I've had a good day....good week...good month

It just really seems like there is more bullshit these days than ever and most people seem really fake....
the Minions
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    that everything is stupid and meaningless....nothing is truly interesting anymore...... everything is contrived...everyone is phoning it in and fake.....

It just really seems like there is more bullshit these days than ever and most people seem really fake....

I'm sooooo glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    angie76angie76 Posts: 646

I agree.
    Dig a ditch deep enough
    To keep you clear of the sun
    You've been burned more than once
    You don't think much of trust
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    You ever get the feeling...
    yes...
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i felt this way years....welcome....sane people only, please ;):p:D
  • Options
    you guys are f'ing crazy! ;)
    I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.

Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    nothing is truly interesting anymore...... .
    Not when you've spent the day reading about a teacher who shit himself in the middle of class.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 594
    See the key here is to just not worry about it.

Then all is better.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

someone i met recently said they were a REALIST. Not just a realist, but a MUTHEREFFIN REALIST!!!! That was the one thing that stood out the most when meeting them and i never forgot it. It has been a TRIP getting to know this person because they really ARE a realist. Its CRAZY. There is not one thing fake about this person. HOWEVER......try convincing them that things in their life WILL GET BETTER!!!! :eek: it is a TASK let me tell you.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Sounds like it's time for y'all to re-read Catcher in the Rye.
  • Options
    muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511
    lralle wrote:

agree...holden caulfeld(sp?) can teach you a thing or two...
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...
  • Options
    hmmmm i def. agree..

i know it's not just because of starting my first full-time job and major changes at home but there's a different vibe about for sure..
    wah
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    someone i met recently said they were a REALIST. Not just a realist, but a MUTHEREFFIN REALIST!!!! That was the one thing that stood out the most when meeting them and i never forgot it. It has been a TRIP getting to know this person because they really ARE a realist. Its CRAZY. There is not one thing fake about this person. HOWEVER......try convincing them that things in their life WILL GET BETTER!!!! :eek: it is a TASK let me tell you.
    Walking a thin line b/t being a realist and trying to create something totally unique is a challenge that can shake you to the depths of your core...

When I look at strangers I see a lot of misery behind painted faces and forced smiles..
    the Minions
  • Options
    people are as people are. i truly do not think we as people are truly any 'different' than what we once were. i think we just have information overload, so much more *contact* in so many different ways. people have always been this way, it may just be more noticeable or obvious. honestly, it's all coping mechanisms, making your way through life, and i don't know how *fake* it really all is in any case.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    ST ... you aren't imagining things ... it's true ... we've become a society absorbed with the superficial ... pop culture that has no soul is what connects people ...

we no longer engage people on the things that are real and important - it's about what happened on some fake reality show or how drunk we got the night before ...
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    ST ... you aren't imagining things ... it's true ... we've become a society absorbed with the superficial ... pop culture that has no soul is what connects people ...

we no longer engage people on the things that are real and important - it's about what happened on some fake reality show or how drunk we got the night before ...

'society' may be like that....but i am not, and the vast majority of people that i have in my life, close to me...are not either. i engage people on things that are real and important all the time. life IS what YOU make it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options

All the frickin' time.

I'm so sick of this fake world and media fuelled generation, it makes me want to eat my own arms.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    If you know you're real, true, honest and meaningful, who gives a fuck about the rest?
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    If you know you're real, true, honest and meaningful, who gives a fuck about the rest?

Because 'the rest' are the future of our country.
    It frustrates me that the current generation (not all, but most) are shallow, materialistic and ruthless. It makes me think twice about having children who'll have no chance just because they'll have a brain and some degree of honesty and decency.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options

You've got a hot teenage neighbor giving free peep shows... that's all the meaning I'd need ;)
    she was underwhelmed, if that's a word
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Because 'the rest' are the future of our country.
    It frustrates me that the current generation (not all, but most) are shallow, materialistic and ruthless. It makes me think twice about having children who'll have no chance just because they'll have a brain and some degree of honesty and decency.
    My children have all of those things :)

I don't think they have no chance. I think that they'll rise above the ruthless, materailistic crowd because I'll have taught them to value their uniqueness.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    'society' may be like that....but i am not, and the vast majority of people that i have in my life, close to me...are not either. i engage people on things that are real and important all the time. life IS what YOU make it.

true ... but we're generalizing here ... that's the nature of the discussion ... and it's not just our own personal connections ... it's others too ...

we are all interconnected - what does it mean to you when you sit at lunch with co-workers and the only thing they care about is who britney spears is sleeping with? ... that's where that disconnect happens ...
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    Yes, although not 'everything' and 'everyone'...

There are still beautiful things, real things and real, beautiful people out there...

:)

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=HeowFbvpu0U
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    lralle wrote:
    Cather in the Rye never did anything for me.

However, I am transformed out of a funk when I read A Dirty Job or Lamb: The Story of Biff, Christ's childhood friend. Both incredibly hilarious.

Humor gets me out of funks. Also, talking with my twin, and road trips with road trip food. An hour on an almost empty highway with those really tall nightlights is totally surreal, and I get an incredible gliding feeling. What I imaging flying to feel like.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Aha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

I don't know when I first saw this video, but I still cry watching it. It's joy!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    i've been phoning it in since i was 11.
  • Options
    Jump Jump Jump
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    You've got a hot teenage neighbor giving free peep shows... that's all the meaning I'd need ;)

I guess I'm not allowed to discuss this here.

Funny and ironic I'd start a thread about fake peeps and the local police strike down a thread about something I needed serious insight about.

We can't have problems enough to discuss appropriately without fundamental judgements passed.

I guess the answer is always ignore because we are ignorant and that's what makes some people happier.
    the Minions
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    true ... but we're generalizing here ... that's the nature of the discussion ... and it's not just our own personal connections ... it's others too ...

we are all interconnected - what does it mean to you when you sit at lunch with co-workers and the only thing they care about is who britney spears is sleeping with? ... that's where that disconnect happens ...

oh i realize the generalization.....but generally speaking, i just don't see the vast majority as such. that's all. and, i think we generalize, negatively, far too much.

as collin states, there IS sooo much beauty in this world, there are sooo many beautiful and real people....so i choose to focus on that. there are ALL kinds of people, period.

i do definitely realize there is 'fakeness' to some degree and a whole host of other traits....but i think too much of it serves a purpose, and life is what it is. imo, it really DOES come down to perspective. that's all. it is not meant to discredit another viewpoint, not at all....just to point out there are other viewpoints, and we can choose to see many things as we CHOOSE to. 'how things are' relatively speaking....is relative. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171

Every day.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx