Options

From the worst, to the BEST ever actor!

Cuntified CCuntified C Posts: 114
edited September 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
For me, Johnny Depp. There is no character that guy can't do and do well.
Viggo Mortensen. Same. Also, Eastern Promises, 'nuff said!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Robert De Niro.

now i've said it this thread should be locked! ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,927
    Gotta agree on Depp, DeNiro, and Mortenson. Will also add Christian Bale.

Btw, Dunk I think your gonna get in trouble with your sig again!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    I love the style, the talent, the (tragic) humor and the unique way of forming very different types of characters of Jim Carrey :)
    # 2000: Hamburg # 2006: Berlin # 2007: Munich * Dusseldorf # 2009: Berlin * Manchester * London # 2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin # 2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen # 2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2 # EV 2017: Berlin ____  * 2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin # 2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Btw, Dunk I think your gonna get in trouble with your sig again!

really? it was said by a comedian on a BBC prime time show over here in the UK?

Daniel Day Lewis, Russell Crowe, Al Pacino, MArlon Brando
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Too many

De Niro
    Denzel
    Morgan Freeman
    Daniel Day Lewis
    mustn't forget Albert Finney
    Kevin Spacey
    Benicio Del Toro

Back soon.....
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I'll also add Brad Pitt and Forest Whitaker to the game.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    For me, Johnny Depp. There is no character that guy can't do and do well.

I agree with this but would like to add Val Kilmer he can also play any part.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534

Val Kilmer in 'Top Secret!' gets me every time. What a film.

I'll second that shout for Christian Bale.

Also maybe Ed Norton. Wasn't there a film recently starring Norton, De Niro & Brando where it was billed as the 3 greatest actors of their generation?!
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • Options
    pirlo21 wrote:
    Val Kilmer in 'Top Secret!' gets me every time. What a film.

I love that film, its so funny. I love the underwater fight scene.
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• Options
    One name and one name only: Curtis Armstrong

Look it up
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    How about Paul Newman, Cary Grant, Dustin Hoffman, you know old dudes (like me)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Robert De Niro
    Daniel Day Lewis (always have to be careful not to type Darren Day)
    Robert Carlyle
    Al Pacino
    Christopher Walken

These are all among my favourites but i think Jack Nicholson is my favourite overall.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Depp is the best followed by Ed Norton, Bale, Jack, DeNiro, Pacino, Viggo, Daniel Day, Denzel, and Russell Crowe...yes...Russell Crowe
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,236
    Jack
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Jack
    Surprised it took that long for him to be mentioned.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    One name and one name only: Curtis Armstrong

Look it up
    Booger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,236
    Poncier wrote:
    Surprised it took that long for him to be mentioned.

I dont know if we are talkin the same Jack...I was talkin bout Mr. Meoff :D:D
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I dont know if we are talkin the same Jack...I was talkin bout Mr. Meoff :D:D
    Oh, I was talkin' Jack Shit.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361

The Salton Sea is one of my favorite movies...ever

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    Pacino
    DeNiro
    Freeman
    Hanks

That's it.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    The Salton Sea is one of my favorite movies...ever

That film is so good, it seems as though not many people have heard of it though.

• Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    Johnny Depp. End of story.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Has anyone said Denzel Washington???

Not all of his movies are great, but I've never seen one of his performances that seemed even remotely phoned in. The man seems to believe 100% in every role he plays.

And he can elevate a movie by himself. Take him out of "Training Day" and it's a forgettable, average thriller at best. But he made it electric - one of my favorite single performances of all time. You cannot take your eyes off of him for the entire time he's onscreen. Absolutely deserving of the Academy Award.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    scb wrote:
    Johnny Depp. End of story.

IMO, the most overrated actor going today. I don't mean he's bad, but I just don't get the love.

He was dreadful in the utterly unnecessary Willy Wonka remake. OK, he's good in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, but that's a lark role.

The twin pillars of lead acting performances in the last 30 or so years in my book are Marlon Brando in The Godfather and Denzel Washington in Training Day. Granted, I haven't seen everything he's done, but I've never seen Depp give a performance that comes anything close to either.

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Has anyone said Denzel Washington???

Not all of his movies are great, but I've never seen one of his performances that seemed even remotely phoned in. The man seems to believe 100% in every role he plays.

And he can elevate a movie by himself. Take him out of "Training Day" and it's a forgettable, average thriller at best. But he made it electric - one of my favorite single performances of all time. You cannot take your eyes off of him for the entire time he's onscreen. Absolutely deserving of the Academy Award.
    See post 6. I think Denzel is superb. His performance in Man on Fire was excellent.

I forgot Jack and Pacino.
  • Options
    nuffingman wrote:
    mustn't forget Albert Finney

I'm so glad you mentioned him :) There are so many great English actors out there!
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    3 words – Daniel Day Lewis. Best damn actor of our generation.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    mammasan wrote:
    3 words – Daniel Day Lewis. Best damn actor of our generation.

Agreed..and would also like to throw in Hanks into this category coz I can't think of one movie in which he was in that sucked cock..all good or great..

Edit: And Costner is a pretty fucking good actor too despite all the haters ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    That film is so good, it seems as though not many people have heard of it though.

i know...what's with that?

another decent film of his is 'Spartan'

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    mine have been said so I guess I got nothing to say! ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me