From the worst, to the BEST ever actor!

Comments

• Options
    The worst hands down Pauley Shore!!!!
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    The Champ wrote:
    Agreed..and would also like to throw in Hanks into this category coz I can't think of one movie in which he was in that sucked cock..all good or great..

Edit: And Costner is a pretty fucking good actor too despite all the haters ;)..

Costner gets a bad wrap for a few bad movie he made, namely Waterworld and the Postman. People seem to forget some his great performance like Dances with Wolves and JFK.

I would also say the Edward Norton is one of the better actors out there and you can't have a list of best actors without Robert Downey Jr.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    Marlon Brando ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,276
    The Champ wrote:
    Agreed..and would also like to throw in Hanks into this category coz I can't think of one movie in which he was in that sucked cock..all good or great..
    Joe Vs. The Volcano
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Poncier wrote:
    Joe Vs. The Volcano

that movie was funny

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,276
    brainofPJ wrote:
    that movie was funny

No it wasn't.
    Not in the least.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    all the above

and

John Malkovich
    Gary Oldman
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    angie76angie76 Posts: 646
    tom hanks
    Dig a ditch deep enough
    To keep you clear of the sun
    You've been burned more than once
    You don't think much of trust
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Poncier wrote:
    Joe Vs. The Volcano

Wasn't Meg Ryan in that movie? I think I masterbated to a scene in that as a kid....anyway, good but not great movie ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Before we go overboard with Christian Bale, please go rent "Rescue Dawn".
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Wasn't Meg Ryan in that movie? I think I masterbated to a scene in that as a kid....anyway, good but not great movie ;)..

i agree...

with all the above

• Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Before we go overboard with Christian Bale, please go rent "Rescue Dawn".

he's still a great actor despite that film. i don't think he was that bad in it but the movie as a whole was just terrible

• Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Anthony Hopkins.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i agree...

with all the above

Thanks for the support ;)..Not a lot of options available back in those days so you had to make do, though I can't recall the particular scene..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Number 1 - Robert Deniro

Number 2 - Travis Bickle

Number 3 - Jack Byrnes

Number 4 - The Guy who played Jake LaMotta in Raging Bull

Number 5 - Vito Corleone in GF 2

Number 6 - Rupert Pupkin

Number 7 - Max Cady

Number 8 - Jimmy Conway

Number 9 - Lorenzo Anello

Number 10 - Paul Vitti

The list goes on, but I'm sure you get the picture ;)

'nuff said !
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    i liked ,loved him from the beginning still i do:D
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Johnny Depp and Dustin Hoffman

Of course Robert De Niro and Al Pacino

I'll think of more but those come to mind right away
  • Options
    For more modern actors Russell Crowe is up there for me.
    Christian Bale
    Guy Pearse (or Pierce. Not sure)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Christian Bale

Neil I know how much you love Colin Farrell ;)
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Christian Bale

I have a feeling it's actually Pearce...ask Dunk, he'll know, he's a spelling Nazi.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    Neil I know how much you love Colin Farrell ;)
    Very true, he is deadly. In fact I just bought one of his movies today. Gonna watch it tomorrow - Intermission, It has Colm Meany too - The only man ever to swear on the bridge of the enterprise :D

Jamie: you're right there. Well, that's how it's spelled on imdb anyway.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    In recognition of my recent re-appraisal of The Godfather Trilogy, from thinking it was very good but overrated to now thinking it is the masterpiece that it always was, I must say that, though I'm not overly fond of him in much else, Pacino is STUNNING as Michael Corleone, particularly in part II. He exudes a quiet, frightening level of menace that just seems so odd when you think of how the character begins. The scene with Kay in the bedroom where she tells him about the baby is just amazing. How the fuck he didn't win the Oscar is beyond me.

Now I need to re-watch Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico and The Panic in Needle Park to re-appraise Pacino in those too :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    How about Leonardo DiCaprio? I thought he sucked in Titanic and Romeo and Juliet. but picked up his game and dominated in Blood Diamond, Departed, and Gangs of New York.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    How about Leonardo DiCaprio? I thought he sucked in Titanic and Romeo and Juliet. but picked up his game and dominated in Blood Diamond, Departed, and Gangs of New York.
    I thought he did a good job with a shit character in Romeo + Juliet. I've never liked Romeo. He was also pretty good as Jim Carroll in the Basketball Diaries and that film about Rimbaud with David Thewlis, can't remember the name. Definitely a good actor.

I'm having none of this "Scorcese's new De Niro" bollocks though.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,004
    pirlo21 wrote:
    Also maybe Ed Norton. Wasn't there a film recently starring Norton, De Niro & Brando where it was billed as the 3 greatest actors of their generation?!
    yeah I think it was called The Score. Very good movie IMO.Norton Plays a hellava role.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    yeah I think it was called The Score. Very good movie IMO.Norton Plays a hellava role.
    Really? I saw it a few years back but don't remember much of it, just that Norton basically admitted that he didn't think it was very good and he only took the role to work with Brando and De Niro, which is fair enough. If he turned in a good performance when he wasn't even interested, that's pretty impressive :D
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I thought he did a good job with a shit character in Romeo + Juliet. I've never liked Romeo. He was also pretty good as Jim Carroll in the Basketball Diaries and that film about Rimbaud with David Thewlis, can't remember the name. Definitely a good actor.

I'm having none of this "Scorcese's new De Niro" bollocks though.

I agree. He will NEVER replace DeNiro in greatness. I forgot about Basketball Diaries. great flick. Also, What's Eating Gilbert Grape. He played the autistic kid. Great acting. Both of those films were before Titanic and R+J so I'm not sure what happened. Maybe he just hit a rough patch. Look for his new Scorsese collaboration called Shutter Island due in Oct 09 in the states. I read the book so I bet the movie will be as good or better with Scorsese directing.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Really? I saw it a few years back but don't remember much of it, just that Norton basically admitted that he didn't think it was very good and he only took the role to work with Brando and De Niro, which is fair enough. If he turned in a good performance when he wasn't even interested, that's pretty impressive :D
    I thought he did.I don't want to spoil anything but it's definately worth renting.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    gary oldman
    steve buscemi, and some other fellas whose surnames end in a vowel

edit--just read through, and I neglected to mention Jack Nicholson.

Jack Nicholson
  • Options
    Keanu Reeves

You make the call