Options

what did you get in your advent calendar?

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited December 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
i got a wee mouse handing a parcel down the chimney... the chocolate was a cadbury's turkish delight miniature. :)
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Shit!

I forgot to open it, I assume it will be some Milky Bar chocolate though.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I haven't got one :(

ooOOooo I bet I can get one cheap at Woolies at the mo :eek: :p;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    A chocolate.. And tomorrow.. and the next day.. and the next day.. and the next.. I love advent calendars :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    I haven't got one :(

ooOOooo I bet I can get one cheap at Woolies at the mo :eek: :p;)

every cloud silver lining etc ;)

does you wee chocolate not have a picture embosssed on it though mark? and from whereuponst the chocolate was plucked is there not a nice heartwarming colourful picture on the cardboard?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Is this another across the pond thing?

Can I get a little data?

Danke
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

Can I get a little data?

Danke

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advent_calendar

although i'm slightly perturbed that the worlds fattest food hungry any excuse to eat calories nation in the world doesnt know what they are... you get a chocolate for every day leading up to christmas!!! although this might explain Britishers bad teeths ;):D
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advent_calendar

although i'm slightly perturbed that the worlds fattest food hungry any excuse to eat calories nation in the world doesnt know what they are... you get a chocolate for every day leading up to christmas!!! although this might explain Britishers bad teeths ;):D

Well it probably does not help that I am a jew :D Damn, candy everyday, that is so American!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Well it probably does not help that I am a jew :D Damn, candy everyday, that is so American!!

ah you're jewish.. ah well we all have our cross to bear ... oh wait... no dont go there ;)

the chocolate ones a re kinda newish i suppose... my parents calendars would just have been little pictures behind each window instead of a sweet.
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I got Ruud Gullit sitting on a shed.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    ah you're jewish.. ah well we all have our cross to bear ... oh wait... no dont go there ;)

the chocolate ones a re kinda newish i suppose... my parents calendars would just have been little pictures behind each window instead of a sweet.

LOL, yeah we had some bad publicity for a couple of millenium's but we are trying out a new campaign slogan
    "Jew - Be hip like Madonna"
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    dunkman wrote:
    from whereuposnt the chocolate was plucked

I <3 this. You have the soul of a poet :)
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    dunkman wrote:
    i got a wee mouse handing a parcel down the chimney... the chocolate was a cadbury's turkish delight miniature. :)

I forgot to buy one. Thanks for reminding me! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

thanks for the reminder to put ours up. :D
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I still need to buy one! :eek:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    I <3 this. You have the soul of a poet :)

i spelled it wrong though ... bugger :D
  • Options
    Dave will be getting a mini Milkybar treat... when he gets his surprise calendar tonight :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578

Can I get a little data?

Danke

Aww BD. :D This reminds me of the episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry didn't know what a Baptism was. :eek:
  • Options
    Aww BD. :D This reminds me of the episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry didn't know what a Baptism was. :eek:

Everyone should adopt a Jew and teach them :D

(Sans the Inquisition if you would :D )
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

symbolic...the mouse took a dump in your chimney.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options

Symbolic... This year, Santa will get an elf to take a dump in your chimney.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Don't have one so instead I'll just have to open my fridge every day and get out a beer.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Don't have one so instead I'll just have to open my fridge every day and get out a beer.

Ah but it won't have a little funky picture behind it will it? ;)

Post of the day btw.

• Options

symbolic, you smell like lungs
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    this thread is refreshingly AET :) It's been getting a little like the serious old moving train here at times, what with the serious poll business of having to choose my favourite sort of under pants, and sports....thank god you made it light again :)
    oh, btw...I haven't got an advent....they're for kids ;)
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Holden forgot to open it this morning! :eek:
    Maybe he wasn't feeling right.
    The first day was a little choo-choo and yesterday was a skier I think.
    Our advent calendars when we were kids didn't have anything put a little picture behind them.
    And now some people have them where you can put little trinkets in each box.
    Holden gets one from Trader Joe's every year.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    Talk about seeing things everywhere when you think about them. Having never heard of them as of Monday, I have now seen them in Starbucks, a Toy Store and in a window downstais from my office.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Talk about seeing things everywhere when you think about them. Having never heard of them as of Monday, I have now seen them in Starbucks, a Toy Store and in a window downstais from my office.

:D I wondered how you hadn't seen them before. I want one!!

I always had one as a kid. A couple years ago my mom bought one for my younger cousins and got an extra one for me. :D World Market has them for cheap, maybe I'll go after work on Friday and pick up some wine and an advent calendar. :D
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I found God in my advent calendar. I always figured he was bigger...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    that is funny! i got a "naughty" advent calendar.

the first day it was...*blushes*

the second day it was...*swoons*

and today, I got two aimed in...and the back picture has some holly over the good bits. :)

it's good chocolate too.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    I found God in my advent calendar. I always figured he was bigger...

you are either an angler or a woman.