Options

for those with relationship questions

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Many people come here for dating advice. Have you ever thought about calling the 800 number for Dr. Laura Schlessinger? I heard her show for the first time on the radio yesterday. She is tough. I found her to give ok advice but it seemed like she was putting people down and a know it all.

http://www.drlaura.com/about/

I thought of a new TV show. It could be her, Judge Judy and Joyce Meyer (three snobs)

Anyway, a guy called Dr. Laura yesterday and was in a dead end relationship. His girlfriend did not want to take the relationship to the next level. She was laughing at him :( She said he made all males seem stupid right now.
It was just like reading this board (all their personal problems being aired), except you guys are nice to people with problems.
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Joyce Meyer gives me the creeps.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Joyce Meyer gives me the creeps.

she is a know it all
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    she is a know it all

Yeah... totally. I hate her style.

Having said that, the God Channel is the best comedy channel on TV.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options

lol the God channel? Is that the Inspirational channel?

I used to really like joyce meyer. Then one day, her sermon rubbed me the wrong way.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    lol the God channel? Is that the Inspirational channel?

I used to really like joyce meyer. Then one day, her sermon rubbed me the wrong way.

Understand completely.

The God Channel is one of those ones.. that's what it's called in England.

Have you heard of Creflo Dollar? LMAO.... Priceless..

• Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    ok - no offense here at all....

but i dont get how the US is so obsessed with all those self-help gurus/talk shows/phone lines/dial a prayer/whatevers

most of the time they just lay things on the table as they really are and point out what you already knew you should do, but just didnt want to admit/acknowledge - and get paid a stackload for it. They dont care about you - they just seem to care how many books they can flog, or how long they can stretch the phone call out for. But you would have come to the same conclussion anyway if you'd just broken your problem down peice by peice.

and the reason everyone is so nice in here is because we are friends - its like talking with your best friend over coffee or down at the pub, and asking for some advice.
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    Sometimes, people just need a sounding board...just some place to air out your situation so that you can step back and see it from the outside...rant and feel as if you've been heard...etc.

I can't say that any advice I ever got was something new and profound...it was usually just a thought that I had dismissed initially...you have all you will ever need inside you...you just have to get it out sometimes.

But I'm just some silly woman...what do I know...
    Donate to Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness today.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175

you're totally right about that. Whenever I click by it, I always chuckle just a lil bit :D