Options

Summer is on it's way!

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Only a few hours away form the winter solstice (December 22nd 1:08 AM EST), and then the days start getting longer again!

..It's no coincidence Christmas is the first day the sun makes a measurable 1 degree rise higher in the northern hemisphere sky, symbolic for a rebirth.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Haha, I was thinking about this being the longest day of the year while driving home. I'm not quite done with winter yet though, at least in our neck of the woods. ;)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Haha, I was thinking about this being the longest day of the year while driving home. I'm not quite done with winter yet though, at least in our neck of the woods. ;)
    Don't worry, plenty of winter weather on the way.. the coldest average temp day is still like 3 weeks away.. which means, things won't typically start getting warmer than they are now for 6 more weeks. :(
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Oh, I know. I can imagine you are already done with it! lol
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,574
    Although yesterday was one of the shortest day of the year, ironically, it felt like the longest to me waiting for work to end and fun begin.
  • Options
    tish wrote:
    Although yesterday was one of the shortest day of the year, ironically, it felt like the longest to me waiting for work to end and fun begin.
    I hate you people.. I work Saturday, Sunday, Monday.. I need to find another job..
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Ahh Solstice...

Sweet rebirth of light.

A toast to all who need a toast to drink to, and a drink to warm them up!
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    This has been on my mind too. Just a few months, and snow will be gone, bands will be touring, and I'll be going to shows again, instead of stuck behind 3 foot snow banks.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    merry yule :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    A toast to new life, new things, rebirth, the light at the end of the long road! *cheers*
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison