Options

New DRAGONBALL live-action movie

MookieBlaylock5v1MookieBlaylock5v1 Posts: 353
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I just read the other day that a live-action Dragonball movie has begun filming for a (tentative) August 2008 release. It is supposed to focus on the King Piccolo saga, which transpires before the Dragonball Z sagas when Goku is still young.

I have mixed feelings about it. I haven't really followed the old Dragonball sagas, just mainly started at Dragonball Z with the Saiyan / Freeza / Cell / Buu sagas. I would love to see these DBZ sagas on the big screen, but I'm afraid if the first Dragonball film bombs, we won't get a chance to see any of the Z sagas get made (each saga would easily be one film apiece).

In the new film, James Marsters is supposed to play Piccolo and it's rumored that Chow Yun-Fat signed on to play Master Roshi. Stephen Chow (Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle) is producing, so that gives me some hope too.

I dunno, I just don't find the Dragonball story arcs as interesting as Dragonball Z. Am I in the minority?

btw... if the Z sagas do get put on film, I hope they cast Ray Park as Vegeta (although he may already be too busy playing Snake-Eyes in the new G.I. Joe flick coming in 2009).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    It's probably going to suck.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison