Options

Going to Tampa, FL........

satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
for a business trip ...where to go? what to do? nightclubs? bars? restaurants? night scene?

discuss please locals..
*Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
DC- 2006, 2008
New York- 2008, 2010
Boston - Fenway 2016
New Jersey- 2006
Chicago - 2007
Seattle- 2005
EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    where are you staying?

i'm still figuring out this city myself. everything's pretty spread out. if you're staying near the convention center, you'd be able to walk over to channelside (there's restaurants and a few bars...pretty touristy because of all of the cruise ships).

you could take a trolley down to ybor...most people think of it as scary, but i work in the area and have never been frightened and i get freaked out quite easily. there are some restaurants spread out, a few dive bars...not sure if that would be your thing?! i really like new world brewery down in ybor...great beers on tap, not really busy unless you were to go on a weekend maybe.

hyde park is where most of the bars are and they're relatively close to one another so it's easy to walk around...i've been to mcdennton's on howard ave. a few times and it's been fun. really crowded on the weekends, but they usually have a fairly decent band playing. there's an irish bar not too far away that i like too. the rack is also a great place to go...a sports bar w/ pool tables and good sushi?!

if you have any questions...let me know.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    used to live down there...

ybor city is a good spot...it's basically a miniature bourbon st. with bars/nightclubs all over the place.
    mons venus on dale mabry avenue :) if you're into that kind of thing!
    clearwater beach is just over the bay...shepards on sunday afternoon is a good hang.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    I am staying at the embassy suites at USF. Im checking now to see exactly it is located on the map. thanks for the info. Any updates would be helpful as well. I cant wait to get away from this delaware weather. Its so freakin cold here right now. I just want to pop on some shorts and have some fun/

sbb

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    if you're going to be here this saturday...id recommend checking out gasparilla. its a local festival...something about pirates and lots of booze.

the weather has warmed up this week...shorts are definitely in order.
  • Options
    Wow, nice. Have fun there- I would love to get out of the cold too!
  • Options
    I went down there for a bachelor party this past August. The best bar we went to was Keyshawn Johnson's place, The Blue Martini. It's at this mall called International Place or something like that. They have this unbeliveable house funk band and a great dance floor. I definitely give it "2 snaps and a twist!". Check it out.
    Clear eyes, Full hearts, CAN'T LOSE!
  • Options
    iamsampj wrote:
    if you're going to be here this saturday...id recommend checking out gasparilla. its a local festival...something about pirates and lots of booze.

the weather has warmed up this week...shorts are definitely in order.

Cant wait!!!

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Cant wait!!!
    you'll have fun i'm sure. i don't know that there's much over by usf, though i've had no reason to venture over to that side of town.

gasparilla starts early on saturday...all day party along bayshore blvd, with a mardi gras-esqe parade at night through ybor city. it gets kinda crazy from what i hear...i have to close my store at 6 to bypass the madness!