Options

Orthodontist/Surgery

SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,542
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Think I should go with just upper teeth alignment or let the doc's break my jaw to correct overbite too? Yikes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    I have braces right now and have to have two surgeries....one to widen my upper jaw and one to break my upper jaw and move it forward. I have had two separate opinions on it and looked at plenty of before/after pics before I made my decision. Basically, if I wasn't willing to get the surgery then it would have been pointless to even put braces on. I think that if you're not sure, get a second opinion.....and then think long and hard about whether or not you really want it. It is reconstructive surgery that WILL change your face and how you look....sometimes drastically. Good luck to you!!!!!
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I was hit by a truck at age 7 and had my jaw smashed, and 10 teeth knocked out while my face hit the concrete like cheese on a grater. So, yea, I've been done that road.

I had a lot of surgeries and stuff, I was supposed to wear braces for two years and have additional surgeries, but I didn't. Now, I got this kind of pain in my jaw, sometimes it gets stuck.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire