Mac OS X 10.5 - Leopard

stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
well i just upgraded to this today. still getting used to it. a little different. what does everyone else think about it so far?
6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    alrighty then so i guess everyone's a PC person here. ouch. i feel so lonely.
    6/11/08 WPB

• stylo17 wrote:
    alrighty then so i guess everyone's a PC person here. ouch. i feel so lonely.

don't feel lonely! :)
    I was checking it out and I'm thinking about upgrading, how do you like it? It looks pretty swank-o and as usual, since it's mac, it's very pretty. The download stacks in the doc look like an improvement rather than having shit all over the desktop..
    Is it behaving and working well on your mac?

I think there are a lot of us mac fans out there, I'm on one at home and at work. I would never go back......to pc. :D
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    My husband stood in line and bought it the first night. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I haven't bought it yet. I don't know if it's worth...
    Is it ? I use a Powerbook G4...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • justam wrote:
    My husband stood in line and bought it the first night. :D

Is he lovin' it? ;)
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Is he lovin' it? ;)

Yes, I think so. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    I'm waiting to try it out
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I'm waiting for Christmas to make sure most of the bugs get worked out.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    if i have to pay extra, i'm not going to bother. i have no problems with whatever i've got now, so i don't see any need to drop $ on something else.
  • rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    I only have Panther ... so I figure I'll upgrade to Leopard when Apple comes out with Cougar or Lion or whatever's next. ;) That's the way things go for me, I'm always 2-3 steps behind. Oh, well.
  • rockpants wrote:
    I only have Panther ... so I figure I'll upgrade to Leopard when Apple comes out with Cougar or Lion or whatever's next. ;) That's the way things go for me, I'm always 2-3 steps behind. Oh, well.

:) that's not bad rockpants, your only one cat away! (tiger I think)

I would like to see them develop Mac's OS Meerkat, or Badger. Now that I would buy right away.
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    I have Tiger, but I call it "Le Tigre" after the Zoolander look...I've only had it since September so I'm not sure that I want to upgrade so soon...I checked out the virtual tour and it looks really cool...just not sure if I want to spend the $$....like, is it worth it?

But this MacBook is sooooo much better than my Mac Classic!!
    be philanthropic
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I'm not a fan of Mac or Microsoft. I'm a trained professional PC repair guy and PCs are more compatible. Microsoft tried to monopolize operating systems, Apple tried to monopolize the operating system and the hardware. Times may have changed, however, I have zero knowledge of mac products, so I'm sticking with PC.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • This thread lacks Linux/*nix
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    well yes I do like it so far. and yes some downloads (extra applications) are having some compatibility problems. it is a little different tho and things such as Finder take a little time getting used to. but the Spaces application is absolutely genius. but yea that being said, I am checking for software updates everyday in case some new things are available.
    6/11/08 WPB

• Im waiting a month or so to read reviews and let others test it out for me. Then if it still sounds good ill go drop some cash on it.

Macs VS P.C

In my opinion Macs win by a land slide.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
This discussion has been closed.