Options

PJ at MSG... Sat Night Laguardia Cab Share?

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited June 2008 in The Porch
My girlfriend and I fly into NY on Sat night, I think we get in at 8:00 pm and we need to take a cab, subway, etc, from Laguardia to the city.
I don't know shit about NY, I've been told to just take a $50 cab ride, but if anyone else is going to be at Laguardia at the same time, or around that time, do you want to try to meet up and take a cab into the city, or guide us on the subway to the city?
I will have chips and dip to share with anyone that wants to do this!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    hey,
    take the supershuttle
    http://www.supershuttle.com
    it's much cheaper than a 50$ cab ride
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    pjtaper wrote:
    My girlfriend and I fly into NY on Sat night, I think we get in at 8:00 pm and we need to take a cab, subway, etc, from Laguardia to the city.
    I don't know shit about NY, I've been told to just take a $50 cab ride, but if anyone else is going to be at Laguardia at the same time, or around that time, do you want to try to meet up and take a cab into the city, or guide us on the subway to the city?
    I will have chips and dip to share with anyone that wants to do this!

LaGuardia into Midtown is closer to $25
  • Options
    we are staying at a bed and breakfast in harlem... but don't worry, it is safe, trip advisor B&B of the year, on a college campus.
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    flying into laguardia is your first problem. JFK has the airtrain for $5 that goes to jamaica station which lets you connect, for probably another $5 to a train into penn station. see if you can take a cab to jamaica station instead. that should be much cheaper. cabs between boroughs can be very expensive.
  • Options
    we saved over $500 flying into Laguardia instead of JFK... I'll gladly pay quite a bit extra for a nice long cab ride...
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    pjtaper wrote:
    we saved over $500 flying into Laguardia instead of JFK... I'll gladly pay quite a bit extra for a nice long cab ride...
    well... you didn't mention that ;)

my advice still remains. take a cab to jamaica and take the LIRR into penn station from there. i'm not positive, but i believe you will save some money doing that.
  • Options
    thanks Snipes!!!!!!!!!
    Is it pretty easy to take a cab to Jamaica from Laguardia? How much do they run, if I'm only saving a few bucks I'd rather just take a cab to where we needed to go...
    thank you again!
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    of all places u picked fuckin HARLEM?? wtf?? eh whatever just lemme know what airline and I'll pick you up
    dude, I told u man...I got u :D
    chips and dip alll day and all night just ask leathermandi ..it'll all be taken care of :D:D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    pjtaper wrote:
    thanks Snipes!!!!!!!!!
    Is it pretty easy to take a cab to Jamaica from Laguardia? How much do they run, if I'm only saving a few bucks I'd rather just take a cab to where we needed to go...
    thank you again!

are you taking a cab from laguardia to manhattan? If so its very easy and cheap to do. Undeer 30 and fifteen minutes, nice ride too
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004