Hey everyone....

corycory Posts: 736
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I hate these kinds of things too. They seem pretty unnecessary most of the time, but only for the ones who don't add anything really. In this case, I feel I do and I've received a lot of pm's and e-mails from a ton of you wondering why I've chosen to go this route. I guess you could call it an epiphany of sorts. I do get tired of the lameness at times but that comes with life in general aside from any message board "drama" or whatever you want to call it. You just get to a certain point in your life where you realize you're needed so much more in other areas of your life. I don't want to make this a dramatic kind of thing. I did want the opportunity to say goodbye to a few of you who have made my days a little better. I think we're all entitled to that. I also wanted to give you some insight as to why it's easy for me to walk away from this place with no regrets. I may have said to myself today, "I'm 33 years old. I argue with people I don't know or who are 15 years old. I'm married and have 3 kids. I'm in the process of building my business at a very crucial time in its infancy." It was a pretty easy decision.

So with that, I leave you this video to show you a glimpse of my life and the abundant joy that's in it....I hope you enjoy the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uB147tPrm0

Cory
Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bless you. I quite often feel the same way.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    A beautiful family Cory. :)
    Peace to all of you.
    :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    although i never want to have kids of my own, i could watch that on a loop.....you're a good man, cory....i've thought about leaving this place too but i've made some good friends here and frankly my job is boring as shit and i need a place to go and be entertained....:o....if ya need to move on, godspeed....but don't forget about us and check in from time to time....you have a way with words.....even if every third word is "balls"....:D
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Cory! :(

Don't go! I mean I can see you've got some fairly compelling reasons to go, but just take a break. Please? :o

I'll miss you my little racoon loving friend! ;)

Take care of yourself and that lovely family of yours and do come back and visit us. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Later man!

hope you stop by occasionally - don't be a stranger dude!

you make perfect sense, and though I spend my work days with very little to do for long periods of time...I totally understand your decision.

but, don't forget to stop by every so often - you dont have to work up 30 posts a day or anything!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Bummer. I missed whatever the drama was.
    Anyway, Cory, I've always enjoyed reading your posts. I love your sense of humor and you will be missed.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • cory wrote:
    I hate these kinds of things too. They seem pretty unnecessary most of the time, but only for the ones who don't add anything really. In this case, I feel I do and I've received a lot of pm's and e-mails from a ton of you wondering why I've chosen to go this route. I guess you could call it an epiphany of sorts. I do get tired of the lameness at times but that comes with life in general aside from any message board "drama" or whatever you want to call it. You just get to a certain point in your life where you realize you're needed so much more in other areas of your life. I don't want to make this a dramatic kind of thing. I did want the opportunity to say goodbye to a few of you who have made my days a little better. I think we're all entitled to that. I also wanted to give you some insight as to why it's easy for me to walk away from this place with no regrets. I may have said to myself today, "I'm 33 years old. I argue with people I don't know or who are 15 years old. I'm married and have 3 kids. I'm in the process of building my business at a very crucial time in its infancy." It was a pretty easy decision.

So with that, I leave you this video to show you a glimpse of my life and the abundant joy that's in it....I hope you enjoy the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uB147tPrm0

Cory

That was adorable, Cory! Thank you for sharing that video with us. :D My favorite part was when he wiped his mouth with the bib. Can he teach my daughter to do that? :p

I totally understand why chatting on a message board isn't among your highest of priorities. ;) But, you'd better come visit us once in a while. You can't just abandon us after you and I made history a couple of weeks ago by having the first non-argumentative discussion about religion on the internet. :D

Again...your kids are adorable, and seeing them makes me want more babies. I'm off to go poke holes in my & my husband's condoms now.

Muhahahahaha...!
  • jojojojo Posts: 645
    Cory my dear

I hear what you're saying

you got some way better stuff to do :D

check back once in a while esp at tour time

I wish you much luck, happines, and love

peace
    j
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    drama queen

:rolleyes:

have fun out there. one day i hope to have a real life too...
  • Take care Cory.

I wish you and your family all the best. :)
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Cory.......you're my hero.......:cool: seriously.....:D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • To quote Joe Clark, the stubborn yet big hearted pricipal of East Side High, played by Morgan Freeman in Lean On Me.

"Shut up!!!"
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Your family's adorable! Good luck to you!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    You will be missed, but you can still check in from time to time without "living" on here. Thanks for the video - very nice family and best wishes. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • you are outta here????

dont let the door hit you in your hillbilly ass..............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • cat72cat72 Oxford, MA Posts: 2,992
    That made me laugh out loud. :D I am going to miss you.
  • so what is the over/under on when cory returns????

i say a week........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • so what is the over/under on when cory returns????

i say a week........

I think he's going on a Guitar Hero bender.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    So long. At least I can say that I influenced you while you were here.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • good luck cory :)

I'd pick them kids over us pile of eejits any day too... and I hate kids :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    wishing you all the success in you business and family life :)

yeah, this place can be so time consuming. please come back when things are sorted

see you later ;):)
  • LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    ....what about the fanbase...?

if its going to be like this...well.....dammit.....

Its ok cory. i understand complety....but still i hope you will return..someday somehow..

love, Linda
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • the pants story will be waiting for you

peace
    wah
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    farewell lego hair...

i'll miss you like Jenna Jameson misses having a cum tache
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    so what is the over/under on when cory returns????

i say a week........

i dunno...
    us hillbillies have certain responsibilities to tend to haha

enjoy those beautiful children Cory.
    Nice shirt.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Be excellent to each other.
    And party on, doodes!!!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    you are outta here????

dont let the door hit you in your hillbilly ass..............

yeah... i second this emotion. ;):p:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    Later brother - good luck with them there kids. See you on tour...

Peace, and Go Cowboys!!!
    I love to turn you on
This discussion has been closed.