Options

New Job Posting

satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok, Heres the situation. I work for a company called ARAMARK. In this corperate envirornment, if a new job listing becomes available it is company policy to have internal and external applicants interviewed before a decision is made on who fills that particular role. As a chef who already knows the operation and its employees and who can bypass the training aspect of the job, I think this stinks because hiring from within is always the better road to take IMO. I know of the EOE laws in each state are in place to find the " best" qualified person for the job. Well, wish me luck as I pursue another position in the coorperate juggernaut that we call America. ty

sbb
*Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
DC- 2006, 2008
New York- 2008, 2010
Boston - Fenway 2016
New Jersey- 2006
Chicago - 2007
Seattle- 2005
EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    good luck

but I dont agree about the internal part
    why would a company limit itself to its in house options

I agree current emplyees know the system, but you cant limit the pool of applicants when the superstar may be out there
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    agreed. i work for marriott hotels and they are HUGE on hiring from within. why hire some newbe off the street that can walk out the door 2 months into their new job, when you have an associate that has been working for the company for a long period of time, knows the job inside out and already has good repour with everyone they work with?

i think companies should always give internal applicants first dibs at a position before an external applicant.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Good luck. If they like you and think you'll do a good job, you will probably get the job over an external applicant. If you do good work, are on time, have a good demeanor (especially with your superiors) I would almost say that you would be the odds on favorite to get the position. It would just be a formality, but they'd still have to go through the whole process though.