Death

2»

Comments

• genie wrote:
    really??!! i didn't know this.oh no Helen, why have you told me this!!

especially when i love hallucinations. ok, so i give myself like 40 more years and then i book a flight to antarctic. ;):D
    :) see ya there.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    dunkman wrote:
    i cant understand why anyone would want to die? :confused:

life's awesome.

my wife is giving me sex tonight.

see!

Exactly, life is wonderful, his wife is giving me sex tonight.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I wasn't until I had a child.
    Then it is the worry of leaving your child behind when he/she is still young - how she/he will cope without mummy.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    why? :o don't be silly, if you're feeling like this it's good to talk about it. If you found out one of your friends committed suicide or something cos they didn't want to bother ya... how would you feel? :eek:

This is a good place to talk about it though.

Things WILL get better though... and when they do you'll wonder what all the fuss was about :o

well, yes i would've have liked to have a chance to talk someone out of commiting suicide.

i hope things'll get better :) but i also think i should change my nickname to morbid genie :D
    Collin wrote:

:D too bad i'm not into women....otherwise i would've said the same
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    genie wrote:
    i hope things'll get better :) but i also think i should change my nickname to morbid genie :D
    Death doesn't have to be a morbid subject. It is because of how we see it in our society.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Collin wrote:

sex is Scots Gaelic for "rancid dead nuns"

enjoy :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    redrock wrote:
    Death doesn't have to be a morbid subject. It is because of how we see it in our society.

nobody really celebrates death so it is morbid by definition... people celebrate a persons life after death but death itself is morbid... no-one celebrates a death... well except maybe Mark Chapmans when it comes..
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    ok, i'm off.......

to kill myself.......

nah just kidding :p
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    there are a lot of people who don't know what career they want .. and there are a lot of people working in a career that they hate and will never leave.. i give you props for quitting to find something you'll enjoy.... hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.
  • dunkman wrote:
    nobody really celebrates death so it is morbid by definition... people celebrate a persons life after death but death itself is morbid... no-one celebrates a death... well except maybe Mark Chapmans when it comes..

unless of course death is a window that you pass through for other things or to release yourself from this life...

celebrate that through death we grasp life.

but what do I know? Today is my first love's birthday he died in 2003. I celebrate both his life (on this day) and I contemplate on his death day (April 4)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • dunkman wrote:
    i cant understand why anyone would want to die? :confused:

life's awesome.

my wife is giving me sex tonight.

see!

You getting the old lady drunk again ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • unless of course death is a window that you pass through for other things or to release yourself from this life...

but what do I know? Today is my first love's birthday he died in 2003. I celebrate both his life (on this day) and I contemplate on his death day (April 4)

Awww. Yin and Yang!

Sorry, girl. :)
  • Awww. Ying and Yang!

Sorry, girl. :)
    :)

thanks MCKB.

today is an alice in chains day for me...
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • dunkman wrote:
    what if you go to hell? or even worse... Milton Keynes?

when you die...you either go into the ground and waste space or you get burned and get to be spilled in the ocean or some other fantastic place. heaven and hell are a figment of your imagination
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
    unless of course death is a window that you pass through for other things or to release yourself from this life...

sorry.. i dont do hippy crap :)
    tremorvoid wrote:
    when you die...you either go into the ground and waste space or you get burned and get to be spilled in the ocean or some other fantastic place. heaven and hell are a figment of your imagination

yeah it was a perfunctory tool in my joke about Milton Keynes... i care not for hell.. i'm an aethiest.... but thanks for the lesson in condescension :)
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    The only thing wrong with death is that you don't get to keep living.

I feel the same way about death you do Genie. It's the ultimate escape from reality, the longest nap and everything is gone, nothing to worry about. But nothing to enjoy either. There is no feeling what-so-ever.

I won't welcome it, but when my time comes I won't be worried either.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    Ahnimus wrote:
    The only thing wrong with death is that you don't get to keep living.

I feel the same way about death you do Genie. It's the ultimate escape from reality, the longest nap and everything is gone, nothing to worry about. But nothing to enjoy either. There is no feeling what-so-ever.

I won't welcome it, but when my time comes I won't be worried either.

and i like your posts, because they are full of opinions and wisdom......but i'm sure i've said that to you before
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.....

that's exactly what i'm going to do, i think i'm all over the place when it comes to work i keep changing my mind.

i will have a review interview with my directing manager, and i will tell him honestly what i've said before, i will tell him that i make mistakes and that i'm shit at my job. the rest is up to him......because i care....but then i don't care at the same time....i'm just confused.
  • dunkman wrote:
    yeah it was a perfunctory tool in my joke about Milton Keynes... i care not for hell.. i'm an aethiest.... but thanks for the lesson in condescension :)

youre verry welcome ;)
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • genie wrote:
    well, yes i would've have liked to have a chance to talk someone out of commiting suicide.

nah a lot of us go through times like these :o . It's shit, but I reckon it's just stuff we HAVE to go through. I really don't think god gives any of us more than we can actually handle... people have survived ALL sorts of situations and scenarios and come out the other side stronger. Other people go through much less and can't deal with it. I suppose it's just up to you to decide how strong you want to be... and whether you can see things as a challenge rather than an obstacle :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Death scares me. Makes me shudder, it's something that does cross my mind frequently just from the mystery. To me DEAD is the most terrible.
  • dunkman wrote:
    sorry.. i dont do hippy crap :)

while, I have done hippies...I don't do the hippy thing either... ;)

I was talking more of the "celebrate life through awareness of death"...meatbags that remain can reflect and believe that their loved ones haven't left completely - even if all that remains is memories of them.

of course if it reassures you, I think it is totally fine to think that your old dead aunt mildred can still watch you poo... :D

• of course if it reassures you, I think it is totally fine to think that your old dead aunt mildred can still watch you poo... :D

Thanks for that. I'm never going to the toilet again.
This discussion has been closed.