Options

New York Giants 08-09 Official Thread!!!

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,841

he is the most important player to his team in the NFL.

I don't think they'd be 11-1 but I think there are other players out there more valuable than him. There are some teams with okay or bad records that would be in an even worse position if it wasn't for one player on their team. Those guys can't be discounted even though the rest of the team sucks.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I don't think they'd be 11-1 but I think there are other players out there more valuable than him. There are some teams with okay or bad records that would be in an even worse position if it wasn't for one player on their team. Those guys can't be discounted even though the rest of the team sucks.
    name 1.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Come on...it doesnt matter...the Giants will go 11-5 and get knocked out in the 1st round by the Eagles..:D

***woah...that was some dream :D***
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    You do realize that EVERY team that faces the Giants has a "make ELI beat us gameplan." Every single game this year. & 11 teams have failed royaly.

He may be a geeky, bitchy looking guy......but the fact is this...
    Eli Manning is a Super Bowl MVP who led NYG to the greatest NFL super bowl victory ever & and is now continuing to lead this red, white, and blue frieght train from hell thru the rest of the leage this year. I would not want one other QB mentioned. Period
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Since I am forced to watch the Redskins play everyweekend, I will say that they took a "make Eli beat us" approach last weekend and paid the price for it. But they did drop two easy picks.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Eli is the perfect quarterback for the Giants. Period, end of discussion.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    breakfast...thanks for the chills. exactly. superbowl MVP eli manning. get used to that bitches because you may hear it again this feb.

and, porch....right on.

some mention Kurt Warner when I bring up this same discussion. fuck him. they dont run. he throws 50 times a game. of course he will have more yardage. warner isnt taking that team anywhere, so dont even go there.

adrian peterson is the only other player I think means as much to his team as eli to the giants.
  • Options
    forgot one more...

Turner on the falcons.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    You do realize that EVERY team that faces the Giants has a "make ELI beat us gameplan." Every single game this year. & 11 teams have failed royaly.

He may be a geeky, bitchy looking guy......but the fact is this...
    Eli Manning is a Super Bowl MVP who led NYG to the greatest NFL super bowl victory ever & and is now continuing to lead this red, white, and blue frieght train from hell thru the rest of the leage this year. I would not want one other QB mentioned. Period
    anyone that says they would take any other QB on ther team right now is straight up lying. As of right now Eli is the best QB in the league, hands down
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,751
    stickboy wrote:
    anyone that says they would take any other QB on ther team right now is straight up lying. As of right now Eli is the best QB in the league, hands down
    I'll stick with Big Ben thanks, and I checked and I'm not lying!!!

Steelers!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I'll stick with Big Ben thanks, and I checked and I'm not lying!!!

Steelers!!!!!
    ok...just dont be mad, when Eli takes his team further again this yr :D
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    What about Justin Tuck? Can you nominate three running backs? There are sooooo many other reasons you win besides Eli. You really think the GMen wouldn't be 12-0/11-1 with a healthy Tommy Boy, Peyton, Brees, Romo, McNabb, Rivers, and Rothlesberger? You're 10-2/9-3 with Garrard, Warner, Hasselback, and Campbell. In other words Eli is NOT the reason you are so good...his better decision making is part of it, but MVP he is not.

Yes he won SB MVP, but by merely mentioning that you fail to remember that he did hit Asante Samuel in the hands and Brandon Merriweather in the chest with two Eli-like decisions in that game. He hasn't been put in that position this year, because the Giants are a superior team to everyone else. In fact, the only time the Giants got down by 10-14 this year you lost by 28, because it was on Eli to bring them back. He may become awesome, but right now he's in that stage Brady was after the Pats miracle SB win. It's pretty clear that Coughlin has told him "don't F it up for the rest of us and we will win".

Anyway if the Giants were smart they'd blow games against Carolina, and Philly so that the Cowboys don't make the playoffs. On the other hand I'm hoping you clinch everything and rest your injured stars so that the Cowboys can get an easier win against you and make the playoffs ;). Even still, at full strength, the Cowboys could play the Giants 10 times and have a win total at 3.5. Everyone else would be at 1-2.5...it's pretty easy to see I think.

EDIT: Btw should I start my advance purchase on a Cowboys Burress jersey to go next to my Vick #7?
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    What about Justin Tuck? Can you nominate three running backs? There are sooooo many other reasons you win besides Eli. You really think the GMen wouldn't be 12-0/11-1 with a healthy Tommy Boy, Peyton, Brees, Romo, McNabb, Rivers, and Rothlesberger? You're 10-2/9-3 with Garrard, Warner, Hasselback, and Campbell. In other words Eli is NOT the reason you are so good...his better decision making is part of it, but MVP he is not.

Yes he won SB MVP, but by merely mentioning that you fail to remember that he did hit Asante Samuel in the hands and Brandon Merriweather in the chest with two Eli-like decisions in that game. He hasn't been put in that position this year, because the Giants are a superior team to everyone else. In fact, the only time the Giants got down by 10-14 this year you lost by 28, because it was on Eli to bring them back. He may become awesome, but right now he's in that stage Brady was after the Pats miracle SB win. It's pretty clear that Coughlin has told him "don't F it up for the rest of us and we will win".

Anyway if the Giants were smart they'd blow games against Carolina, and Philly so that the Cowboys don't make the playoffs. On the other hand I'm hoping you clinch everything and rest your injured stars so that the Cowboys can get an easier win against you and make the playoffs ;). Even still, at full strength, the Cowboys could play the Giants 10 times and have a win total at 3.5. Everyone else would be at 1-2.5...it's pretty easy to see I think.

EDIT: Btw should I start my advance purchase on a Cowboys Burress jersey to go next to my Vick #7?

you are a completely delusional eli hater. end of story. if that is not the case, the only reasoning i can think of for your remarks are that you don't actually watch the giants and you base your opinions on what your friends say, who probably dont like the giants. i watch every game and eli WINS games, he's been doing it for a while now, even before the super bowl run. the only difference now is that he is more consistent. if you don't think eli is a top 5 quarterback, you have no business discussing football. i'd put him in the top 3 this year. i'd also say that i'd take eli over anyone else in the league if i'm losing in the 4th quarter. the guy is clutch, he proves it time and time again.
  • Options
    the eli hating is hilarious, but its all good. He proves it week in week out.
    keep hating. and no him being the man this yr doesnt take away to how diesel this team is top to bottom. Best team in the league period
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,354
    you are a completely delusional eli hater. end of story. if that is not the case, the only reasoning i can think of for your remarks are that you don't actually watch the giants and you base your opinions on what your friends say, who probably dont like the giants. i watch every game and eli WINS games, he's been doing it for a while now, even before the super bowl run. the only difference now is that he is more consistent. if you don't think eli is a top 5 quarterback, you have no business discussing football. i'd put him in the top 3 this year. i'd also say that i'd take eli over anyone else in the league if i'm losing in the 4th quarter. the guy is clutch, he proves it time and time again.

I know. Doesn't he have like 11 game tying/winning drives? I know he's like 2nd in the last 2 years.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Actually most of my friends that like football are Giants fans (I went to school in Ithaca, NY and grew up in various upstate NY towns), and only one really likes him, the others tolerate him, and one hates him more than I do. I don't even think that I hate him as a player (any white boy that goes to Ole Miss is another story), but I just don't rate him as highly as all you do.

As for watching the Giants I live in Baltimore, and most of our NFC games are Washington, NYG, Philly, or Dallas, so I would say that I've seen about 8 Giants games this year, and they all look the same to me. Get the ball Run, 2nd and 5, Run, 3rd and 2 against an 8 man front, and Eli completes a pass to Toomer or Smith...repeat as necessary until the other defense breaks down for a 7-0 Giants lead. Defense gets all nasty, stops the other team and punts. Run, 2nd and 8, play action pass, first down (he's REALLY good at this). Finally the other team forces a 2nd and 13 Eli throws an very good pass and gets caught for a first OR forces a stupid pass into double coverage that, for this season, doesn't get picked. FG. 10-0 Gmen...good luck other team.

Once again the only time they didn't keep the other team's offense at bay early on was the Browns game. He throws 3 picks trying to bring them back. Everyone is entitled a bad game now and then, but that's the only time he's had to put the team on his back all year. He's also played kinda poorly against Washington (Week 1), Cincy, San Fran, Philly, and Pittsburgh...which, the way the TV schedule would have it are all games that I saw. Also if you want to compare stats, Tony Romo has missed three games and has more 100+ QB ratings that Eli. I like the Cowboys, but don't think he's MVP worthy...neither is Eli. Wait until the next time he takes a 12 step backpeddaling drop in a big game.
  • Options
    So burress gone for the year as expected and as he should be.

question about this....the giants org put him on the non player injured out for the year list. which i understand will allow them not to pay him. can the nfl also penalize plax? or does the giants penalty go hand in hand with a league penalty?

what differentiates roger goodel penalty or a team penalty? Like why didnt the Saints suspend Deuce? Why did the league handle that one??
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    So burress gone for the year as expected and as he should be.

question about this....the giants org put him on the non player injured out for the year list. which i understand will allow them not to pay him. can the nfl also penalize plax? or does the giants penalty go hand in hand with a league penalty?

what differentiates roger goodel penalty or a team penalty? Like why didnt the Saints suspend Deuce? Why did the league handle that one??

Goodell can also penalize Plax. The Giants did it mostly so they wouldn't pay him the money he signed for earlier.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I understand it's for the money, but can this help curtail further punishment? Like if Goodell, the fascist, (who is closely related to Bloomberg the fascist in being an asshole) punishes him too will it be concurrent or consecutive suspension time? In other words, if the Giants didn't suspend him for the year and Plax gets away with this or it takes awhile before he goes to jail, could he have potentially played in the playoffs after the suspension with the G-Men is over? Obviously this is far-fetched but still....

On a side note, why didn't we suspend Dick Cheyney when he shot some dude accidentally? ;)
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    I understand it's for the money, but can this help curtail further punishment? Like if Goodell, the fascist, (who is closely related to Bloomberg the fascist in being an asshole) punishes him too will it be concurrent or consecutive suspension time? In other words, if the Giants didn't suspend him for the year and Plax gets away with this or it takes awhile before he goes to jail, could he have potentially played in the playoffs after the suspension with the G-Men is over? Obviously this is far-fetched but still....

On a side note, why didn't we suspend Dick Cheyney when he shot some dude accidentally? ;)

They placed him on the reserve non-football injury list. So he can't play in the playoffs anyway.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Ok I've taken your points into perspective and given it some thought, and looked up some info on QBs around the league...so this will be my last question? Which QB would you rather have:

QB #1:
    QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds TD Int
    Ahead 98.2 82 130 63.1 1120 8 4
    Tied 104.1 33 51 64.7 377 4 1
    Behind 107.9 77 119 64.7 1062 9 3

QB #2:
    QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds TD Int
    Ahead 91.0 130 208 62.5 1438 10 4
    Tied 112.2 41 63 65.1 545 5 1
    Behind 78.8 59 100 59.0 641 4 3

Situationally QB #1 is better on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs with a higher rating and favorable TD/Int numbers (except on 2nd down)
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    They placed him on the reserve non-football injury list. So he can't play in the playoffs anyway.
    yeah i was playing hypothetical...i edited it once i realized that was the case...sorry.
  • Options
    name 1.
    Warner.

Would you like more?
    Brees
    Romo
    and probably Cutler.

Being a Giants fan doesn't make you have to think Eli is the MVP.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    What's up with everyone here saying "period" or "end of story"?

Is debate no longer allowed?
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Giants better than last year and the start of a dynasty.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Giants better than last year and the start of a dynasty.

Peace
    I hope, but anything can happen in the playoffs. And hearing about Pierce and Bradshaw possibly being arrested is having me worried right now.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I hope, but anything can happen in the playoffs. And hearing about Pierce and Bradshaw possibly being arrested is having me worried right now.

....Or some scandalous event like what's happening with the Minnesota Vikings. That being said it ain't over till it's over GO Patriots.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    WTF, if this guy was in Dallas everyone would be crusifying him and the team, saying it was a typical Dallas thing. He's getting a fair shake from the media, considering he's just another talented-but-retarded thug. Never had to grow up, whatever...

What I want to say is that I have only recently learned how stupid this guy is from his actions over the past year, but I remember thinking something was wrong after he accomplished every boy's fantasy by catching the winning pass at the end of last year's superbowl. He was interviewed immediately after the game and showed... no emotion. I thought, well that was very entertaining, but there is something wrong with that guy.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    WTF, if this guy was in Dallas everyone would be crusifying him and the team, saying it was a typical Dallas thing. He's getting a fair shake from the media, considering he's just another talented-but-retarded thug. Never had to grow up, whatever...

What I want to say is that I have only recently learned how stupid this guy is from his actions over the past year, but I remember thinking something was wrong after he accomplished every boy's fantasy by catching the winning pass at the end of last year's superbowl. He was interviewed immediately after the game and showed... no emotion. I thought, well that was very entertaining, but there is something wrong with that guy.

does your tv filter out negativity? I haven't seen the media giving him a fair shake. And as for the SuperBowl he broke down in tears when Pam Oliver interviewed him.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    does your tv filter out negativity? I haven't seen the media giving him a fair shake. And as for the SuperBowl he broke down in tears when Pam Oliver interviewed him.

No way. I'd have to see that interview again, because thats the one I'm talking about. Right after the game.

Yeah, some are being fair with him. Not all, but man, imagine if he played for Dallas and did this.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown