Options

Flight of the Conchords

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited February 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Don't kill me if there's already a thread about this show...

hahaha omg, I love this show, I just watched them all on demand, and I have to say, I am in love with Bret. I really really hope it keeps going.

If you haven't seen it, it's on HBO. I don't think there's a current season right now though.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I saw some Flight of the Conchord live on TV and I was cracking up laughing. They were two guys playing the guitar and singing songs. Do they do this on the show?

The show's coming soon to the UK. I've seen ads about it.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    I saw some Flight of the Conchord live on TV and I was cracking up laughing. They were two guys playing the guitar and singing songs. Do they do this on the show?

The show's coming soon to the UK. I've seen ads about it.

most of the music on the show is like crazy songs and videos they fantasize about. It's hilarious.
  • Options
    its great. i can't wait for next season.
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    One of the best shows on TV. Absolutely HILARIOUS show!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    One of the best shows on TV. Absolutely HILARIOUS show!

I think one of my favorite songs has to be "boom king." Whose de boom king? I'm de boom king! oh and the mermaid song! "Do you have mermaid parties under the sea? (am I invited?) At these parties do you smoke sea weed? (if so how do you light it?)"
  • Options
    Don't kill me if there's already a thread about this show...

hahaha omg, I love this show, I just watched them all on demand, and I have to say, I am in love with Bret. I really really hope it keeps going.

If you haven't seen it, it's on HBO. I don't think there's a current season right now though.

Which one is Bret?

I love that show, but I've only seen one of them. The first episode, I think. The one with the part-time model song... :D
  • Options
    Which one is Bret?

I love that show, but I've only seen one of them. The first episode, I think. The one with the part-time model song... :D

bret's the smaller one with curly hair and beard and beautiful eyes :).
  • Options
    they have an EP on itunes, its got a couple songs, both live and recorded. good stuff.

i like the bowie in space song myself.
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    There is a free song on sub pop's website called 'Buisness Time' it's hilarious. It's on subpop's podcast on itunes as well.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    bret's the smaller one with curly hair and beard and beautiful eyes :).

My favorite is the one with glasses, but they are both adorable. :D
  • Options
    mole1985 wrote:
    There is a free song on sub pop's website called 'Buisness Time' it's hilarious. It's on subpop's podcast on itunes as well.

ooohhh you have to see 'business time' on the show- Jemaine is dancing around in nothing but his socks! it is so hilarious it hurt to laugh.
  • Options
    its crazy that they are new zealands 4th most popular folk-parody duo.

imagine how funny new zealands #1 most popular folk-parody duo is.
  • Options
    I watched this show 1 time in a hotel room (free HBO) and laughed my ass off. Great show from what I saw.
  • Options

I'm surprised there are 4 new zealand folk-parody duos.
  • Options
    I'm the hip-hop-opotomous
    my lyrics are bottomless
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    While glitz and glamour reigned at the Grammy awards in Los Angeles, in Wellington Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie found out in a down-to-earth way that they had won best comedy album.
    Photo gallery ... View video

"I had heard a rumour that we had won it and I did a news check on Google," Clement said yesterday.

"Then I texted Bret."

The pair celebrated last night by having dinner in Wellington with friends.

"It is amazingly flattering, just because of the many great people that have won it, and great people were up for it this year," Clement said.

As folk parody duo Flight of the Conchords, Clement and McKenzie won the award for their EP The Distant Future, featuring a song about robots taking over Earth.

It beat albums by acts including Harry Shearer, of Spinal Tap and The Simpsons fame, and standup legend Steven Wright.

McKenzie was rapt. "The pressure's on," he joked.

"It's a great day for New Zealand musical comedy. I wish my grandmothers were still alive. They would be so proud and could call them and say, 'Granny, I've won a Grammy'."

Clement said the award was announced at a separate low-key ceremony yesterday before the main event.

"We were with all the weirder colours of the spectrum - the best polka album and best Hawaiian album."

The Distant Future was the eighth-biggest-selling comedy recording in the United States last year. The duo will release their debut full studio album in April.

New Zealand-born singer Keith Urban picked up his second Grammy yesterday, after winning in 2006. Fran Walsh won in 2005.

You may not copy, republish or distribute this page or the content from it without having obtained written permission from the copyright owner. To enquire about copyright clearances contact clearance@fairfaxnz.co.nz.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343

they're not bein serious when they say that though.....

they are quite clearly the worlds top folk-parody duo
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    When will they make a second season? I've watched the first season DVD a million times already!
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Oh, I love this show.... it's just too funny.

The David Bowie song is pure comedy genius :D
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    oh bret wants to tell his grannies he won a grammy!

he is sooo cute...
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    they're not bein serious when they say that though.....

they are quite clearly the worlds top folk-parody duo

and i wasn't being serious when i wrote that either.
  • Options
    and i wasn't being serious when i wrote that either.
    ah it seeeemed serious

oh well, the net aint good for reading into this sorta thing
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    ah it seeeemed serious

oh well, the net aint good for reading into this sorta thing

Yes it is you pillock........

;)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Yes it is you pillock........

;)
    thats upset me a lot man.

i need cheering up. i know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zzh79J2fC0

i feel better now
  • Options
    mole1985 wrote:

I totally agree....

Funniest shit I've seen in a long time.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHOSEcmZvG8
  • Options
    Best show ever. I e-mailed Arj Barker (the hilarious Dave on the show) from his site and asked him when the new season should begin, he was a nice enough fella to write back and say "I hear it's on. Filming should start in the summer. Nothing set in stone yet".

Should see new episodes in the early Fall.