Options

Has the magic gone?

reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I'm yet to listen to Pearl Jam once this year.
I've only listened to Into the Wild once in fact.
Have I lost the love, has Pearl Jam slipped of my radar?
Can someone tell me what is going on in my head? coz I have not a fucking clue.
Can not be arsed with life no more.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    you know, i'm just the opposite....i was very indifferent to pj from binaural until avocado....my first full show was '06 tour and i only saw one show plus bridge night 1 so i got fully ensconced into pj and itw has peaked my interest even further.....:)
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    أشعر بنفس الطريقة

ولكن كان هناك خيط مثل هذا منذ وقت ليس ببعيد

واوه

الموت لأميركا
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    my interest comes and goes. I take breaks from Pearl Jam, just like the boys take breaks from Pearl Jam...
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    bruce wrote:
    my interest comes and goes. I take breaks from Pearl Jam, just like the boys take breaks from Pearl Jam...

Yeah, I take breaks from most things, but this just feels different, you know a Pearl Jam cd is normally the first cd I play of the year, were in mid March and I aint played one.
    Been a fan since 10 era as well, I think I'm just having a strange/shit year in general, but where as Pearl Jam would normally serve as my therapy, it seems to be the opposite this year.:(
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    Yeah, I take breaks from most things, but this just feels different, you know a Pearl Jam cd is normally the first cd I play of the year, were in mid March and I aint played one.
    Been a fan since 10 era as well, I think I'm just having a strange/shit year in general, but where as Pearl Jam would normally serve as my therapy, it seems to be the opposite this year.:(

So rather than talking about it, just pop Yield in. No need to thank me. :)

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    well if you are like me the black crowes and pearl jam take turns as my fav.

warpaint just came out so pj isn't getting as much play from me right now
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I've gone 5 days without PJ. Right now it's Soundgarden and the Beatles.

I'm guessing I'm a day or two out from throwing on some 06' boot...or maybe Vitalogy.

I like to clear the palet once in a while...but the next bite of Pearl Jam is never too far away.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    أشعر بنفس الطريقة

ولكن كان هناك خيط مثل هذا منذ وقت ليس ببعيد

واوه

الموت لأميركا

Agreed.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    byrn3535byrn3535 Posts: 127
    Out of all of PJ's CD's Avocado has found its way out of my rotation the fastest. I actually can't remember the last time I listened to it. This is weird because I like it better than the previous 2 releases. With that being said I can't stop listening to ITW. I would be willing to state that at this point it has probably spun more than the last 3 PJ releases combined.

It should also be noted that I listen to the boots more than the studio releases. So I don't know...draw your own conclusion

The magic could never be lost on me but it does seem that with evey CD comes less listening time. Maybe due to getting older and literally having less listening time.
    Byrn, (bye - earn)
    "I wanna live my life with the volume full"
  • Options
    Yeah, I got stuck on the Sashing Pumpkins over the Summer.
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    i'm right there with you...i haven't listened to any pj in the past year, except a couple times right before lolla. i bought the itw soundtrack, but have only listened to it once. i'm gonna have to step it up before i head out to berkeley!!

i've just been into a lot of other bands lately...my musical taste is all over the place. my pj love will come back...it's just a phase!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options

For me, ITW kinda brought back my inner fan I guess. I love that album.

But over all, just dont stress yourself out over stuff like this. Music is there for your entertainment, no reason to "forcefeed" yourlsef PJ records if you dont feel like it.Just let the music find you, not vice versa. And if it doesnt, maybe you really have moved on, nothing anyone can do about it.
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    byrn3535 wrote:
    With that being said I can't stop listening to ITW. I would be willing to state that at this point it has probably spun more than the last 3 PJ releases combined.

I'm getting there.....

I love In The Wild, easily one of my all time favourite albums, the songs on their just really struck a chord with me.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    The BEATLES are great - but JOHN LENNON is iconic!!! But I peronally don't understand the lack of interest in Pearl Jam. But, that's just me (and about a hundred thousand others). Although I like Yield - 10 is greater!!! (And I know many others disagree with that!) Peace be with you my son! Ha!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,303
    somebody revoke this fraud's tenclub membership asap.
    chinese-happy.jpg