Options

Call of Duty - World at War PS3

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    mca47 wrote:
    I never played Resistance 1, but have read reviews that said it's pretty amazing. I have a buddy trying to talk me into getting it. Like others, I'm pretty busy with other games (COD5, NHL '09, LittleBigPlanet, and Socom) and I too haven't beat GTA4 yet.
    So what's the deal with Mirror's Edge? What's it all about? I saw a commercial on it, and it looked slick but again I have no idea what the premise is.

Resistance 1 is definitely a great game... so I'm excited about the sequel.

All I know about Mirror's Edge, is that you are a runner of some sort. Not much help, I know.

How is LittleBigPlanet?
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    PJSerf wrote:

How is LittleBigPlanet?

Tons of fun!!! Such a unique game!
    Being able to play levels created by anyone in the world is really cool. The game itself will always be expanding and you will never "beat" it because of the thousands of new levels being uploaded every day.

Some of those user created levels are completely amazing too. You can tell a lot of time and effort went into them!
    Playing with friends online is a lot of fun too!
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    I never played Resistance 1, but have read reviews that said it's pretty amazing. I have a buddy trying to talk me into getting it. Like others, I'm pretty busy with other games (COD5, NHL '09, LittleBigPlanet, and Socom) and I too haven't beat GTA4 yet.
    So what's the deal with Mirror's Edge? What's it all about? I saw a commercial on it, and it looked slick but again I have no idea what the premise is.
    There's a demo for Resistance, and my brother lent it to me, but the controls and controller (I'm sure you're aware of my hatred of the Sixcrapsis/ds3) make it damn near unplayable.
    The story is good, as are the graphics, but I hated the health system and gameplay. I'm not trying to sway opinions on that, just stating my own.

Mirror's Edge is all about environment interaction, although they tell you what you can interact with. It is a rooftop travel adventure game, for lack of a decent description. I wasn't wowed by it, but I think the media has it way too hyped.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    There's a demo for Resistance, and my brother lent it to me, but the controls and controller (I'm sure you're aware of my hatred of the Sixcrapsis/ds3) make it damn near unplayable.
    The story is good, as are the graphics, but I hated the health system and gameplay. I'm not trying to sway opinions on that, just stating my own.

Mirror's Edge is all about environment interaction, although they tell you what you can interact with. It is a rooftop travel adventure game, for lack of a decent description. I wasn't wowed by it, but I think the media has it way too hyped.

I see IGN.com gave Mirror's Edge a 7.4
    I read the review and it didn't sound that great, but maybe I'll have to rent it or something.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I see IGN.com gave Mirror's Edge a 7.4
    I read the review and it didn't sound that great, but maybe I'll have to rent it or something.
    PS3fanboy think it's God's gift to the ps3 ;)
    Although their sister site overhyped Left 4 Dead too, so...

Just try the demo, there's a training mission and some campaign gameplay, that ought to give you a solid feel for it.
  • Options
    So what's everyone hearing about the new Tomb Raider?
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    PJSerf wrote:
    Looks half-decent, demo on XBL that I haven't had time to try yet (Fallout and Gears are destroying my life).
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    PS3fanboy think it's God's gift to the ps3 ;)
    Although their sister site overhyped Left 4 Dead too, so...

Just try the demo, there's a training mission and some campaign gameplay, that ought to give you a solid feel for it.

Isn't it on 360 and PC too?

Either way, I'll check out the demo.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Isn't it on 360 and PC too?

Either way, I'll check out the demo.
    Yeah it is on 360 (dunno about PC) but PS3F are the only ones talking about it, X3F rarely mention it.
    I meant to try the demo on both systems to compare the control schemes but after playing the PS3 version I figured it didn't matter ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Looks half-decent, demo on XBL that I haven't had time to try yet (Fallout and Gears are destroying my life).

I didn't see a demo out for the PS3, just a few game videos in the Playstation Store.

I forgot about Fallout, I have to add that to the list too. ;)
  • Options
    PJSerf wrote:
    I didn't see a demo out for the PS3, just a few game videos in the Playstation Store.

I forgot about Fallout, I have to add that to the list too. ;)
    Oh, sorry. There's a demo on XBL, I haven't been to the PS Store since Mirror's Edge demo...
    My bad!
    And Fallout is very very good. Not too keen on the level cap though.
  • Options
    So have you guys played 'Zombie Mode' yet?

It's pretty fun, but man it's tough!!!
  • Options
    PJSerf wrote:
    I hear Eidos is trying to force good reviews again (Kane & Lynch), so that can't be a good sign.
    I played the demo. It was ok but I guess Tomb Raider isn't really my thing.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I hear Eidos is trying to force good reviews again (Kane & Lynch), so that can't be a good sign.

Yeah, I've heard mixed reviews so far. I may wait awhile to pick it up, if at all.

Re-emersed myself with MGS4 this weekend, and am almost through it. COD will be my next purchase...
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

I'm the same. Never really got into Tomb Raider. I always found that game to be more annoying than anything. Hahaha!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm the same. Never really got into Tomb Raider. I always found that game to be more annoying than anything. Hahaha!
    I described Uncharted as Tomb Raider meets Indiana Jones.
    Musta been a lot more Indy than Lara, cause Uncharted was pretty sweet.
    I hear the sequel is, other than story, unchanged.
  • Options
    Is it just me or is WaW harder than COD4? Shit, those japanese soldiers are ridiculous.