Options

Airborne WILL Pay Refunds for False Advertising!

2»

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    $60 bucks, thank you very much!!
    np
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Whizbang wrote:
    I'm not sure why everyone thought it would "cure" a cold. There's no such thing. It's a virus that has to run its course. I tried the stuff. The only thing I noticed was that my symptoms were not as severe. But it still took about 10 days to be free of my cold - old wives tale: 3 days coming, 3 days staying, 3 days going. Eat healthy, drink plenty of fluids, get the rest your body asks for and if it helps to relieve your symptoms in the mean time, take some over-the-counter cold meds. Avoid getting the cold to begin with - wash your hands frequently (use antibacterial hand sanitizer if you don't have access to a sink), keep your hands away from your face, steer clear of people who are sick. After you've recovered? change your toothbrush and clean your phone.

Exactly. I never was under the impression it cured colds. It just fortifies your immune system. Also, the key is using it as soon as you are getting symptoms. I've done this and didn't get a cold all winter. But then again there are a lot of factors, like like you explain.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    Exactly. I never was under the impression it cured colds. It just fortifies your immune system. Also, the key is using it as soon as you are getting symptoms. I've done this and didn't get a cold all winter. But then again there are a lot of factors, like like you explain.
    true, but the reason why they are paying the refund is because they claimed to cure colds
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    true, but the reason why they are paying the refund is because they claimed to cure colds

Well that's the thing I never got that impression at all from their advertising. It never said "cures colds" on the packaging. Everyone knows that there isn't a cure for the common cold...well at least I though it was common knowledge. But I guess you can't account for people interpreting things differently.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    Well that's the thing I never got that impression at all from their advertising. It never said "cures colds" on the packaging. Everyone knows that there isn't a cure for the common cold...well at least I though it was common knowledge. But I guess you can't account for people interpreting things differently.
    I think that it did say that it "cured colds", that's why they are having to pay- but maybe I'm wrong. Like you said, people read into things differently
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    dude, I like airborne! I think it works!

and "works" I don't mean "cures" a cold. I mean that 1) I've taken it when everyone around me was sick and didn't get sick and 2) I've taken it when I first start to get sniffly and it doesn't progress to full-on cold. I think it has the same effect as echinacea (in the liquid form) which I also think works.
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:

I didn't think it said that either. I think it said "helps prevent."
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Thanks for posting.....I've bought a few bottles the past few years.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    I wonder when the check will come
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    I filed my "claim" back in February....still waiting.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    ucsbledbetterucsbledbetter Posts: 173
    I filed my claim a few months back and I got a letter that said the product that I told them that I had, Seasonal Airborne, was not available in the store at the time that I said it was. So now I have to submit another one.
  • Options
    I didn't think it said that either. I think it said "helps prevent."

I thought so. I tried the seasonal airborne after having some bad allergy symptoms. I swear by the end of the day I felt better. I'm sure it's mind over matter.
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Like you said, its a virus, so there should be no need to change your toothbrush, unless of course it mutates while on said toothbrush.
    They work for a toothbrush company! :)
  • Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    i always knew there was something wrong with this product.

the "other" ingredients are: Citric Acid, Sorbitol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Natural Orange Flavor, Polyethylene Glycol, Aspartame, Mineral & Canola Oil, Riboflavin. No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
    (http://www.drugstore.com/qxp76905_333181_sespider/airborne/effervescent_health_formula_tablets_adult_formula.htm)

ok, aspartame is artificial.....and mineral oil should not be consumed! :eek: mineral oil is baby oil....:(
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,855
    on the website it basically says that you will probably be waiting until july 2009 for your refund because the company will try to appeal the decision of the court which is being made this june, then a years worth of hearings, then 30 days to send out all refunds.

so don't expect the money for a while, if at all. i just filled it out for 6 boxes. getting those $42 back will be nice (especially since I realized today I forgot to cancel one of those automatic subscriptions on a website so I've been losing money every month without realizing it- damn you Questia).
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    you are wrote:
    i always knew there was something wrong with this product.

the "other" ingredients are: Citric Acid, Sorbitol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Natural Orange Flavor, Polyethylene Glycol, Aspartame, Mineral & Canola Oil, Riboflavin. No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
    (http://www.drugstore.com/qxp76905_333181_sespider/airborne/effervescent_health_formula_tablets_adult_formula.htm)

ok, aspartame is artificial.....and mineral oil should not be consumed! :eek: mineral oil is baby oil....:(

eh...I didn't know that. But hey canola oil is okay :)
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    on the website it basically says that you will probably be waiting until july 2009

Wow! Thanks for the heads up
    www.RLMcDaniel.com