Options

My Wife's Wedding Vows (PJ Related)

ucsbledbetterucsbledbetter Posts: 173
edited May 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I got married a few weeks ago and thought I would share my wife's vows to me on this wonderful day.....

As I began to write my vows I had a fear that WRITER'S BLOCK would take over, but then I realized that there is NO CEILING to our love and the words that can be derived from it. It's HARD TO IMAGINE myself anywhere but here today standing before you in a STATE OF LOVE AND TRUST. I know WHO YOU ARE as you know whom I am after spending the last four and a half years growing together as one. I promise that you will never feel ALONE, but always feel ALIVE from all the love and care you receive. We will always keep a sense of humor so we can SMILE and laugh in times of happiness and hardships. SETTING FORTH on this path of marriage I will be sure there is an EVENFLOW of respect, encouragement, honesty, and forgiveness. As ALL THOSE YESTERDAYS pass and we go AROUND THE BEND into many years as husband and wife I see us sitting on the PORCH, in matching chairs of course, DRIFTING back to the places where we first fell in love and to this day where our love was GIVEN TO FLY. I love you. And because you always ask to hear this song at any event we throw I have to say YELLOW LEDBETTER.

I was very impressed!!! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    No doubt she has a solid mastery of the english language, and she's a Jammer to boot. You are too lucky...way too lucky. Vows like that make it seem all the more plausible that the two of you will make it last for many years to come.

Did she also graduate from U Can Study Buzzed?
  • Options
    triangleman12triangleman12 Posts: 193
    I promise that you will never feel ALONE, but always feel ALIVE . . .

My favorite part . . . You're a lucky man! Congrats and good luck. Was Yellow Ledbetter your wedding song, haha :)
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    Congratulations to both of you. Wow, she really loves you. Very creative and personal to you vows.

Pax!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    I got married a few weeks ago and thought I would share my wife's vows to me on this wonderful day.....

As I began to write my vows I had a fear that WRITER'S BLOCK would take over, but then I realized that there is NO CEILING to our love and the words that can be derived from it. It's HARD TO IMAGINE myself anywhere but here today standing before you in a STATE OF LOVE AND TRUST. I know WHO YOU ARE as you know whom I am after spending the last four and a half years growing together as one. I promise that you will never feel ALONE, but always feel ALIVE from all the love and care you receive. We will always keep a sense of humor so we can SMILE and laugh in times of happiness and hardships. SETTING FORTH on this path of marriage I will be sure there is an EVENFLOW of respect, encouragement, honesty, and forgiveness. As ALL THOSE YESTERDAYS pass and we go AROUND THE BEND into many years as husband and wife I see us sitting on the PORCH, in matching chairs of course, DRIFTING back to the places where we first fell in love and to this day where our love was GIVEN TO FLY. I love you. And because you always ask to hear this song at any event we throw I have to say YELLOW LEDBETTER.

I was very impressed!!! :)

This genuinely brought a tear to my eye :o

I really loved "It's HARD TO IMAGINE myself anywhere but here today standing before you in a STATE OF LOVE AND TRUST." and "DRIFTING back to the places where we first fell in love and to this day where our love was GIVEN TO FLY. I love you."

Congrats on getting married and well done to your wife for including all those PJ songs in her vows... you're obviously a very loved and lucky guy :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I'm impressed as well! Very cool. I hope you two have many happy years together. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    ucsbledbetterucsbledbetter Posts: 173
    sponger wrote:
    No doubt she has a solid mastery of the english language, and she's a Jammer to boot. You are too lucky...way too lucky. Vows like that make it seem all the more plausible that the two of you will make it last for many years to come.

Did she also graduate from U Can Study Buzzed?

Graduate of the UCLA, lol