We had to put our dog to sleep...

Delivered_WingsDelivered_Wings Posts: 123
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
We are heartbroken.

Some of you are his friend on myspace and I thought you might like to know.

http://www.myspace.com/rajahfree
Be Sound...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FunkeR hates dogs.
  • We are heartbroken.

I am so very sorry to hear the sad news. I don't know anything about what was wrong with your dog. I know the pain you are feeling. Try to remember the good times when you feel it's too much. I am very sorry for your loss.

RIP Rajah Free
  • LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    i'm so sorry....i feel for you.....
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • I am so very sorry to hear the sad news. I don't know anything about what was wrong with your dog. I know the pain you are feeling. Try to remember the good times when you feel it's too much. I am very sorry for your loss.

RIP Rajah Free

He was 15 and the vet thinks he had cancer.
    Be Sound...
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i'm so sorry.....rip Rajah Free
  • He was 15 and the vet thinks he had cancer.

My last dog Mandy may have had cancer also. But the vet was unable to tell cause she was so sick and weak. I remember when I was with her and she had passed. There was a dog giving birth across from us. An example of the circle of life maybe.
  • He was 15 and the vet thinks he had cancer.

that's a good ole dog...he lived a good life!
    "It's all happening"
  • ardyardy Posts: 53
    definitely feel for you. i think i cried harder when we put our dog down than i did at any family member's funeral.

sorry for your loss.
    you did right by him and he had a great life with you...
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    sorry to hear about your loss pets are the best specially a dog ...

they give you so much love and just give and give ..

if humans did that this world would be way better off .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I'm so sorry to hear that. He looks like a beautiful sweet dog. I'm sure he had a very happy life with a great name! RIP Rajah.
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    <3<3<3...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• So sorry for your loss! He was a beauty and looked like he was well loved and cared for.
  • Wow, that's hard. So sorry to hear that and just enjoy the memories.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • i am so sorry :( my condolences to you. RIP Rajah
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    He was 15 and the vet thinks he had cancer.

I'm very sorry. I know exactly how you feel, we just went through this with our cat.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    We are heartbroken.

I feel the pain, my sister had to put our dog of 17 years asleep last weekend. It's the worst feeling in the world to have your dog go. My heart is with you guys for I am mourning the same thing. Remember... All dogs go to Heaven.
  • I understand your pain one of my dogs die 7 month ago and I miss him a lot ,he was my true love . R.I.P Rajah
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Thanks guys.

I am glad you understand. I have NEVER felt this much emotional pain. It seems silly to some.

Natasha
    Be Sound...
  • I just visited Rajah's myspace - he's so adorable :) It seems like Rajah had a fun life and an awesome mom.

Yeah, some people who don't have pets don't understand. And even some people who do have pets don't have that same connection. But don't let that make you feel silly. I lost my dog a few years ago and now my 13yo cat is sick. It's the worst.

Peace to Rajah and to you, too

Michelle
    michelle

power to the peaceful
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    good dog.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    So sorry. I've definitely been through that. Old dogs and cancer too. I feel for you and wish it could be better. We had one die of cancer at age 9, then the remaining one die at age 15 of MS in dogs. It's never good however you lose them. :( Just focus on the positive and visit a shelter near you to spread your love. I don't mean you should adopt soon, but there are so many dogs in need of human friendship and leadership and just plain walking! Condolences and best wishes your way. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I'm so sorry for your loss. If you need some support.....I found this site so helpful last year after losing both of my dogs. Petloss.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    We are heartbroken.

Feel what you must feel ... and take comfort that you gave your pooch the best life possible. It's going to hurt for a long while, but remember to give yourself time...I still well up about my little Pinkerton and it's been a year and a half. Not crying as much as I used to, but when I do - it really breaks my heart...

I really empathize and sympathize with you - and everything in between.. Take care.

Kim
    be philanthropic
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I'm so sorry about your dog.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
This discussion has been closed.