I'll have money in the bank and you won't

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    PJPixie wrote:
    I love Ketchup Sandwiches!! I prefer the Jack in the Box packets of ketchup to the McDonalds Packets!

I guess a ketchup sandwich beats a blood sandwich!
  • EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    PJPixie wrote:
    DIBS!! I've got dibs on EvilMerlin!! Back off Bitches!! :D

You know I'm messin sweetheart!

Oh now, be fair...you know there's plenty of me to go around and share! ;)

I'm tall, remember? :p
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Why does someone need to be judged by what they wear? Seems pretty judgemental to me. I have a couple of really nice bags that will last for the rest of my life, unlike the cheap ones. And I prefer classic to trendy.
    But hey, who am I to judge someone who wants to be trendy.
    And I am not in debt.
    :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I was the one who asked about some designer wallets, and I am happy to buy nice things for my girlfriend.....luckily, I didn't have to go sell my blood, or live on Ketchup sandwiches, to make up for the wallet's dminishing effect on my wallet.

I plan for the future as well, thats why I have done my best to carve out a career that allows me to live a nice life now, and hopefully in the future as well.
    It was a wonderful gift JoeX3.
    You made her happy and that is all that matters. Not what others may think.
    And the giftcards in there was such an awesome idea too. Very thoughtful.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    It was a wonderful gift JoeX3.
    You made her happy and that is all that matters. Not what others may think.
    And the giftcards in there was such an awesome idea too. Very thoughtful.

Thanks.

I don't care what others think, especially if they knock someone for having privilege....in fact, my initial reposne was meant to have a mocking tone to it!
    :)
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    i work hard and save up to afford the tiny bit of luxury that i allow myself. i scour the sale sections at dept stores all the time for the love of marc jacobs :) i have 4 "fancy" purses that i've accumulated over the past 3 years. they've held up quite nicely. other than that it's canvas tote bags for me.

and working in retail is always great...cause ya gotta love that 40% discount!! i haven't paid full price for clothing in a really long time. i can't wait to take advantage of my 40% off sale starting in a week. good times!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
    iamsampj wrote:
    i work hard and save up to afford the tiny bit of luxury that i allow myself. i scour the sale sections at dept stores all the time for the love of marc jacobs :) i have 4 "fancy" purses that i've accumulated over the past 3 years. they've held up quite nicely. other than that it's canvas tote bags for me.

and working in retail is always great...cause ya gotta love that 40% discount!! i haven't paid full price for clothing in a really long time. i can't wait to take advantage of my 40% off sale starting in a week. good times!

I usually refrain from buying anything fancy if it aint on sale.

I believe that learning how to spend wisely is just as important as learning a skill that will allow you to earn good dough.

It is easier to cut your spending by 10-20% a year then it is to earn 10-20% more per year.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    iamsampj wrote:

that's great...I used to work at a really nice department store (The Hecht Company aka Hecht's) but after about 40 years, it went out of business and was bought by Macy's. I got really good deals as well (I don't think my discount was 40 percent though, that's something). My friend and I are going tomorrow, maybe to Macy's, I'll see what I can scour up!

are you allowed to use coupons, in addition? our newspaper has coupons for Lord and Taylor or Macy's and it often excludes designer colgone, for example...which stinks!!!

to other posters...Can I be sarcastic too? I figured our resident musician eyedclar(sp?) was bored at work earlier...so I wanted to see his reply and I did this thread. What a perfect reply that he smokes his $100 bills while he sleeps on his gold mattress.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    eyedclaar wrote:
    How do you know they aren't already filthy rich and $500 to them is like $50 to most of us?

too funny, how did I know you'd be the first one to reply...I heard that you are so rich, your toilet paper is money.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    it's probably just me but every post you do comes off like you're a twelve year old girl
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    iluvcats wrote:
    somebody asked about name brands on here the other day. I was unfamiliar with them.

Yep, I plan for the future. Just remember that when you pay $400 - $1,000 for your clothes or purse. I don't.

I'm so glad I've been cheap, it really helped me when gas was so high.

I'm with you lady....guess it's our generation. Hubby and I were talking about this very subject tonight. We have never had to have the newest, greatest or top of the line things...instead we had tons of cheap vacations, great meals, wine and lots of fun with our family, and now have no debt, instead of a big house full of crap, expensive cars, etc. I want for nothing at this point in my life, I'm very HAPPY!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • angie76angie76 Posts: 646
    I bought a kindle..that was a big splurge to me. Im not one to buy all fancy gadgets but Im glad I got it.
    Dig a ditch deep enough
    To keep you clear of the sun
    You've been burned more than once
    You don't think much of trust
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I'm with you lady....guess it's our generation. Hubby and I were talking about this very subject tonight. We have never had to have the newest, greatest or top of the line things...instead we had tons of cheap vacations, great meals, wine and lots of fun with our family, and now have no debt, instead of a big house full of crap, expensive cars, etc. I want for nothing at this point in my life, I'm very HAPPY!

oxc

I've got a house partially full of crap, for example every photo I've ever taken since 1992 :( (not organized in albums either -- that's alot of work)

I have a really nice car, I just don't buy one every 2 years. Mine is 5 yrs old.

I'm happy for you then ;)

but I'm not happy for all those unfortunate families facing a foreclosure.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • cool! Then you can buy me some more shoes and bags :cool: :p
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • it pays to live at home with your parents.

i'll leave it at that.
    it pays to live at home with your parents.

i'll leave it at that.

Well, of course I do; I'm only a 12 year old girl.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcats wrote:

i wasn't referencing you. i was talking about myself.

and you're only 12?
    iluvcats wrote:

I saw that remark..but didn't know what to make of it.

I live at home out of necessity. It's not ideal but im not making enough to be on my own.
    Dig a ditch deep enough
  • angie76 wrote:

I live at home out of necessity. It's not ideal but im not making enough to be on my own.

when the economy sucks...its the best way to save money. as long as you can deal with your parents and they dont charge you an arm and a leg for rent...you're good to go.
    angie76 wrote:

I explained it to him in a pm.

I moved in with my mom out of necessity when I was 24, so I understand.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    when the economy sucks...its the best way to save money. as long as you can deal with your parents and they dont charge you an arm and a leg for rent...you're good to go.

I've been working on the road since about June, and my lease ended in September back at home. I never renewed and I'm getting released and going back to my home office to work in CA again in a month. I was going to use this thanksgiving week to fly home and get an apartment, however I think I'm gonna go home and settle in and take my time for a month or two and stay in my parents house and save up a few extra dollars even. They live a little further from my office than I'd like to be, but that's okay, I'll tough out the drive for a month or two.

Especially with rent inflation with all the foreclosures that were/are happening.
    iluvcats wrote:
    I explained it to him in a pm.

I moved in with my mom out of necessity when I was 24, so I understand.

ah..okay..i thought the person who said that was a bit rude.

yeah it's kind of embarrassing to tell people..but what can i do..until i get a better job it's all i got.
    Dig a ditch deep enough
  • angie76 wrote:
    ah..okay..i thought it was a bit rude.

yeah it's kind of embarrassing to tell people..but what can i do..until i get a better job it's all i got.

i'm not embarrassed about it at all. it allows me to do the things i want to do...in a financial way.
    angie76 wrote:

No reason to be embarrassed. Be proud that you're not stressing yourself to get by, by going out and getting more than you can handle, and (I'm sure you are) be happy that you'e in a situation where you have people you can depend on that have a place for you to stay that you can afford :)
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    No reason to be embarrassed. Be proud that you're not stressing yourself to get by, by going out and getting more than you can handle, and (I'm sure you are) be happy that you'e in a situation where you have people you can depend on that have a place for you to stay that you can afford :)

Oh yeah Im very grateful. I just would like to get on my own one day. But Im very appreciative that i have family that is as supportive as they are.

nothingman44...yeah i shouldn't be embarrassed but sometimes people say stupid things.
    Dig a ditch deep enough
  • angie76 wrote:
    nothingman44...yeah i shouldn't be embarrassed but sometimes people say stupid things.

thats what people do for the most part.

i just choose not to pay attention to those people.
    angie76 wrote:

I'm sorry that they make you feel uncomfortable about your living situation
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    iluvcats wrote:
    I know someone who shopped for clothes/shoes/accessories as her hobby.

She's having a difficult retirement now :(

You're a bit judgmental. Nice that you're so proud of it. Everyone has their hobbies. Hobbies cost, just in different ways. Most people have them. You seem to just look down your nose on this one because of one lady that couldn't control hers and doesn't strike your fancy...I used to love to shop. I still do. I do it within my means, and yes, some brands do fit and last longer than others. I also like to bake...man that can get expensive too, have you seen the cost of really good chocolate chips? Brand makes a difference there too....

As someone else said, sometimes you do get what you pay for. Duh, it is ridiculous to pay for a label but, if the brand makes quality clothing, then it's also smart to stick with it.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
    iluvcats wrote:
    I'm sorry that they make you feel uncomfortable about your living situation

just some people say remarks..but like nothingman44 said I shouldn't care about them. Gotta do what you have to.
    Dig a ditch deep enough
    Lizardjam wrote:
    You're a bit judgmental. Nice that you're so proud of it. Everyone has their hobbies. Hobbies cost, just in different ways. Most people have them. You seem to just look down your nose on this one because of one lady that couldn't control hers and doesn't strike your fancy...I used to love to shop. I still do. I do it within my means, and yes, some brands do fit and last longer than others. I also like to bake...man that can get expensive too, have you seen the cost of really good chocolate chips? Brand makes a difference there too....

As someone else said, sometimes you do get what you pay for. Duh, it is ridiculous to pay for a label but, if the brand makes quality clothing, then it's also smart to stick with it.

this lady couldn't control her spending and it affected me and my husband very much so...
    10/10 - Brad in B'more