Options

Detroit Tigers 2008

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited August 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Should be fun to watch, and should score a pile of runs.
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ardyardy Posts: 53
    yeah but they still need a good relief pitcher...good relief pitcherS...
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    ardy wrote:

Granderson healthy would be nice too.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Being a Red Sox fan the Tigers and the Indians will be the toughest to beat this year.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    ardy wrote:
    I think your right, but maybe they plan on scoring 10 runs a game, lol.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Granderson healthy would be nice too.
    Hopefully he won't be out to long.

• Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    the tigers scare me...
    i'm anxious to see if granderson can repeat his performance from last year.
  • Options
    uninnocent wrote:
    the tigers scare me...
    i'm anxious to see if granderson can repeat his performance from last year.
    Offensively, they should be great, starting pitching should be good, relief pitching will be the problem, but maybe they plan on building big leads, so relief pitching won't be a problem.

• Options
    beemster wrote:
    Offensively, they should be great, starting pitching should be good, relief pitching will be the problem, but maybe they plan on building big leads, so relief pitching won't be a problem.

Have the starter go 7 innings, be up 10-3, bring Jones in the 8th have him close out until the 9th and have the final score be 10-9? Haha.
  • Options
    A little more than an hour to go!! Just ordered MLB extra innings so i'll at least get to kick back, have a few beers and watch the tigers out here. Nothing will get accomplished...EVER, but that's ok haha.

Relief pitching definitely has me concerned. If they can make it till rodney and zoom get healthy and maybe pick someone else up via trade, then they'll be a powerhouse. If not....we might just see a lot of close, high-scoring games. I'm really hoping Bonderman finds his stride this year. He still waiting for that one breakout year and w/ all this support, it would be tough not too.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    A little more than an hour to go!! Just ordered MLB extra innings so i'll at least get to kick back, have a few beers and watch the tigers out here. Nothing will get accomplished...EVER, but that's ok haha.

Relief pitching definitely has me concerned. If they can make it till rodney and zoom get healthy and maybe pick someone else up via trade, then they'll be a powerhouse. If not....we might just see a lot of close, high-scoring games. I'm really hoping Bonderman finds his stride this year. He still waiting for that one breakout year and w/ all this support, it would be tough not too.

Good call. Bonderman has always had that tough first inning and fell behind by two scores but than hold the team scoreless the rest of the game. Hopefully this year he really comes through, plus the extra runs should really help.
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,557
    I love that New York is raining right now so I can see my hometown Tigers in NYC!!
    I really thought Cabrerra had a home run his first at bat!!
    I have never been this excited for a baseball season in Detroit!!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    the tigers look stopable. there are gonna be teams that will hit their starter and have no quality relief. sure theyre gonna score runs but theyre also gonna give up a bunch.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    the tigers look stopable. there are gonna be teams that will hit their starter and have no quality relief. sure theyre gonna score runs but theyre also gonna give up a bunch.

I agree that they can be stoppable, but if you are making the judgment just on todays game it wouldn't be a fair judgment. They occasionally start the season off slow.
  • Options

That package is pretty damn addicting. i've had it every year since 2004. Every year I say i can't afford it, and am not going to get it. then every year, I break down and get it.

You're dead on about that bullpen. Do they have anyone in the farm system that can help?
  • Options
    StellyStelly Posts: 170
    Huge Tigers fan here...

They REALLY need their starting pitching to step up and go deep into games. The bullpen is a bit scary. They'll have their share of 10-9 and 8-7 games. Hopefully Rodney and Zoom come back at full strength!
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    soo uhhh, about all these runs :p:D

• Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Whats the deal with Rodney and Zumya? they both seem to be hurt every year? What are they hurt with now?
  • Options
    ratsmanratsman Posts: 22
    they will be alright,, their pitching will be just fine,, the starters will be solid and i think someone will eventually step up in the bullpen until zumaya gets back. just wait until the offense really gets going,, they might never stop!!
    i had a false belief that I came here to stay
  • Options
    ratsman wrote:
    they will be alright,, their pitching will be just fine,, the starters will be solid and i think someone will eventually step up in the bullpen until zumaya gets back. just wait until the offense really gets going,, they might never stop!!

Sounds like Denny Bautista may be a glimmer of light. Sounds like he tore it up in spring ball and he didn't look to bad opening day. I'm not at all scared after losing two games. W/ all their weapons, they'll be fine.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    soo uhhh, about all these runs :p:D

Yeah knock it off. :p:D
  • Options
    This losing to the Royals is getting old. They're the Royals!
    160 more games for this offense to click. :D
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    Ask the Yankees how far crushing the ball gets you in October? I'm pretty sure that the Tigers NEED bullpen help. They are going to be in a lot of shootouts otherwise. Good pitching always beats good hitting.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    Ask the Yankees how far crushing the ball gets you in October? I'm pretty sure that the Tigers NEED bullpen help. They are going to be in a lot of shootouts otherwise. Good pitching always beats good hitting.
    Very true.
    Hoping Rodney and Zumya comeback by midyear.
    Certainly pitching gets you through the playoffs, but you gotta get there first and hitting can get you there.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    a good bullpen is so hard to find. One year they're good the next year they suck. I kinda like the Tigers.....as long as they stay out of the Sox way. :)
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    So I guess the Royals are now the team to beat? Go Royals!
  • Options
    gabers wrote:
    So I guess the Royals are now the team to beat? Go Royals!

I know. :/
  • Options
    17 innings in a row with out a run, and still climbing. daisuke has it easy! on opening day in fenway :D

• Options
    17 innings in a row with out a run, and still climbing. daisuke has it easy! on opening day in fenway :D

Go make your own thread :p
  • Options
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Go make your own thread :p
    im on it!

• Options
    Leyland makes a speach, two eighth inning comebacks and a slaughter of Sabathia and we're right back in it baby!!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!