The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    This is fucking brutal. Maybe it's a Sarah Palin jinx.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Ugh

Talk about coming out flat

I am officially 0-1 this year...hey at least they gave me a free t-shirt last night and schedule magnet

:D

Edit : Also...they played WWS during warmups !!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Ugh

Talk about coming out flat

I am officially 0-1 this year...hey at least they gave me a free t-shirt last night and schedule magnet

:D

I didn't get no fucking schedule magnet... lol

Horrible start, they looked flat, I guess that's what happens when you don't play a preseason game for a week. And the third rangers goal is just unacceptable... Biron never moved from the post... ::shakes head::

Nice attempt to stay in the game and come back in the last 2 periods... kinda reminds me of last season all over again, give up some goals and then fight and claw back later, just alittle short last night.

Hopefully we can get something started against Montreal on Monday.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.

The music guy's nod to Palin no doubt.

Yeah, it seemed like they were stuck in preseason mode for that first period. Just awful. Kukkonen sucked balls, which is problem now that Jones will be out 3-4 months. I wasn't impressed with Eminger or Carter/Knuble/Upshall either.

At least Richie's line played well, along with Sbisa (after the 1st), Hartnell, Lupul (needs to hit the net) and Niitty.

I'm worried about the D long-term. I wasn't super psyched with Jones as our #3 to begin with, but now we have to keep Sbisa after the 9 game limit. My feeling is they should bring up Guenin and have some nastiness and solid, not flashy play in our own zone. Kukkonen, whom I've always liked, can be the 7th guy. Timonen, Coburn, Vaananen, Eminger, Sbisa, Guenin?

Whatever. I'm off to watch some college hockey.
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    came out sluggish...picked it up in the 2nd and 3rd..I'm ok with this team..it looks like we have a contender again!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=252537&lid=sublink05&lpos=headlines_main

Remember when Hartnell got suspended for nailing this guy last year? That should interesting in a locker room that already seems pretty tight. As for the hockey aspect, I like Alberts, but he's a plug-in until Jones/Parent come back. Dunno if he'll be available for tonight's game, but I imagine Kukkonen will sit if Alberts can go.
    Apparently, they're pairing Timonen with Vaananen, Coburn with Sbisa, and Eminger with Kukkonen. Can't see those last two playing more than 10 minutes, but I do hope Eminger eventually can justify giving up a 1st rounder for him.
    Should be a good game against the Habs tonight.
    GO FLYERS!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    lralle wrote:
    Should be a good game against the Habs tonight.
    GO FLYERS!
    Stay outta the box and you'll do fine.
    Go Habs. 10 minutes in and the Habs look pretty uninterested....this can't end well :p
    Lines are messed up too..
    Rygar wrote:
    Stay outta the box and you'll do fine.
    Go Habs. 10 minutes in and the Habs look pretty uninterested....this can't end well :p
    Lines are messed up too..

I hate Kovalev. It's just a matter of time before he burns us. Price looks damn good too. At least the FlyGuys are skating and involved tonight. It's already 100% better than opening night.

My brother's at the game tonight, which I knew. But he just texted me to say he's sitting in a box with Lauren Hart. My sisters have been pushing him to get a girlfriend...
    lralle wrote:
    I hate Kovalev. It's just a matter of time before he burns us. Price looks damn good too. At least the FlyGuys are skating and involved tonight. It's already 100% better than opening night.

My brother's at the game tonight, which I knew. But he just texted me to say he's sitting in a box with Lauren Hart. My sisters have been pushing him to get a girlfriend...
    I have no idea who that is ;)
    Habs aren't in the game at all, other than Price. They look awful, complete opposite of Saturday.
    I have no idea how you can tolerate these announcers, either. This the second game I've watched on the NHL Network freeview, and they were both horrible for announcing. Ah well. Enjoy the two pts.
    Rygar wrote:
    I have no idea how you can tolerate these announcers, either. This the second game I've watched on the NHL Network freeview, and they were both horrible for announcing. Ah well. Enjoy the two pts.

I'll come to the defense of Jim Jackson, as he's usually a great play by play guy. He's been pulling double duty as the Phillies pre/post-game radio guy. So he gets a pass. But I'm with you on Clement. I don't know if it's because he hasn't been in the booth regularly since the lockout, but he's terrible tonight. And you have to know that Steve Coates is out lovable village idiot - set the bar low.

On the other hand, I'm pretty happy not having to listen to Bob Cole and fellow septugenarian Harry Neale call a Leafs game. :)
    lralle wrote:
    I'll come to the defense of Jim Jackson, as he's usually a great play by play guy. He's been pulling double duty as the Phillies pre/post-game radio guy. So he gets a pass. But I'm with you on Clement. I don't know if it's because he hasn't been in the booth regularly since the lockout, but he's terrible tonight. And you have to know that Steve Coates is out lovable village idiot - set the bar low.

On the other hand, I'm pretty happy not having to listen to Bob Cole and fellow septugenarian Harry Neale call a Leafs game. :)
    Cole and Neale love those Leafs indeed :p
    Clement is even awful in the EA Sports games, hehe!
    I turn the game off and they pot two quick ones.
    My head is pounding, I'm leaving it off...
    Showed up for a period and got a win. Not pretty, but I'll take it.
    Good game for Price, at least.
    Ummmmmmm does someone want to tell the team its 60 minutes and these games count now !! :rolleyes:

Has a team ever been 10 points out of first the first week of the season ?? :eek:

Just curious...

Ummmmmmm does someone want to tell the team its 60 minutes and these games count now !! :rolleyes:

Has a team ever been 10 points out of first the first week of the season ?? :eek:

Just curious...
    You're not, you're only out 4.
    I was at the game last night...what an ugly 3rd period. so after 2 games the only period the Flyers own is the 2nd! :D
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
    I know its early but these guys are sleep walking through this month

Rygar wrote:
    You're not, you're only out 4.

The Rags have 10pts

We have 1 now so 9pts out

The Rags have 10pts

We have 1 now so 9pts out
    At the time the Rags had 5 games played, and you had 3, so I was right.

That OT winner last night was "a twine seeking missle."
    Rygar wrote:
    At the time the Rags had 5 games played, and you had 3, so I was right.

That OT winner last night was "a twine seeking missle."

I was looking at points not games played

Nitty played well....he deserved a better fate

I was looking at points not games played

Nitty played well....he deserved a better fate
    I know what you were counting ;)
    And that was quite the shot, no shame in missing that one.
    Raycroft is going for the Avs tonight, not that Budaj has been at all good so far. Is this our chance?
    I have my fantasy draft at 9pm too. At least the PHILS :) aren't on as well.
    lralle wrote:
    Raycroft is going for the Avs tonight, not that Budaj has been at all good so far. Is this our chance?
    I would hope so ;)
    Another lethargic effort

After the game Danny Boy "Its early we have plenty of games to play..we're only 4 games in"

There lies the problem !! The whole team is taking that approach...you can tell by watching them

well...at least we have the Phillies! :D
    Shows:
    Another lethargic effort

After the game Danny Boy "Its early we have plenty of games to play..we're only 4 games in"

There lies the problem !! The whole team is taking that approach...you can tell by watching them
    That's a better approach than the doomsday approach 4 games in ;)
  • CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    lralle wrote:
    I have my fantasy draft at 9pm too. At least the PHILS :) aren't on as well.

I guess not!!! The Flyers need to find some Offense aside from a penalty shot or a 5-3 man advantage.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    CServant wrote:
    I guess not!!! The Flyers need to find some Offense aside from a penalty shot or a 5-3 man advantage.

One-line team up front right now. Good news is I have Gagne on my fantasy team. ;) I was happy to see ANY power play goal. Man, they have sucked on special teams so far.
    I don't like the listlessness - reminds me of two years ago. I'm not panicking, but I'd like them at least to play games one can enjoy watching.
    Okay, guys. 0-3-2. That's 2 points out of 10. What needs to happen? The rumbles are Stevens is on the hook. I'm not sure if that's the problem or an effective solution. I don't want to seem them blow everything up just for the sake of doing something. Clearly, the D isn't working, and that's just as much the forwards' fault as it is the blueline's. Beyond that, unlike a proper Philly fan, I have no answers.
    This sucks.
    Can we win a game tonight boys? well...I'll catch the highlights after the Phillies Game :D
    Shows: