Options

The real reasons Israel invaded Lebanon

CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
1)They intended to bomb the cities and kill as many innocent as possible, then blame Hizbollah for hiding behind buildings in order to turn the people of Lebanon against Hizbollah. Basically a pr campaign that cost over a 1000 people their lives, a campagin that had the opposite affect.

2)Now that Hizbollah has depleted part of their arsenal, Washington is looking for the resuply lines-trying to find out where the weapons come from and who supplies them.

3)The Bush administration and its allies in Jerusalem see this as an essential step toward: 1) the removal of the Syrian Baathist regime, and 2) the launching of a full-scale war against Iran.

4)Assessments have been published in the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal, also numerous newspapers internationally. They simply state what is by now obvious: the Israeli attack on Lebanon was the realization of a long-planned act of aggression.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Purple HawkPurple Hawk Posts: 1,300
    Commy wrote:
    1)They intended to bomb the cities and kill as many innocent as possible, then blame Hizbollah for hiding behind buildings in order to turn the people of Lebanon against Hizbollah. Basically a pr campaign that cost over a 1000 people their lives, a campagin that had the opposite affect.

2)Now that Hizbollah has depleted part of their arsenal, Washington is looking for the resuply lines-trying to find out where the weapons come from and who supplies them.

3)The Bush administration and its allies in Jerusalem see this as an essential step toward: 1) the removal of the Syrian Baathist regime, and 2) the launching of a full-scale war against Iran.

4)Assessments have been published in the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal, also numerous newspapers internationally. They simply state what is by now obvious: the Israeli attack on Lebanon was the realization of a long-planned act of aggression.

Sorry, for some reason, I read every word of this post as it was written in crayon.
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    Sorry, for some reason, I read every word of this post as it was written in crayon.

Way to adress the issue. Is that what you do, when you have nothing to offer? Straight ot the personal attacks?

Care to address points made? Or can you?
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,672
    I think that's fairly accurate and I should say that it's almost comical to think that some people believe this whole thing was just about a few israeli soldiers getting killed or whatever.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    I think that's fairly accurate and I should say that it's almost comical to think that some people believe this whole thing was just about a few israeli soldiers getting killed or whatever.
    I agree. Further, I found it pretty silly that U.S. involvement and/or benefits from this debacle were minimized by anyone and everyone.
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    I hate this board. It really makes me want to stop listening to this band - to think I've been in the same room with people like this at concerts...
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    jsand wrote:
    I hate this board. It really makes me want to stop listening to this band - to think I've been in the same room with people like this at concerts...

later gator...
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    later gator...

I'll still post here because, as I've said before, it's like a car accident. I can't help myself from looking at it even though it's repulsive.
  • Options
    Commy wrote:

that is quite posibly the most delusional post i have ever read.
  • Options
    that is quite posibly the most delusional post i have ever read.

What's sad is that there have definitely been even worse posts on this site. Scary.
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    Way to adress the issue. Is that what you do, when you have nothing to offer? Straight ot the personal attacks?

I don't think he has the ability. Kudos for trying though.

And yeah, great, although obvious to the rest of the civilised world, points made in the original post.
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    Purple HawkPurple Hawk Posts: 1,300
    Commy wrote:

Once a point is made, it'll be addressed.
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things
  • Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    Commy wrote:

1. or the militant wing of hezboallah really is a state within a state and needs to be dealt with. If Israel can never be in the right, as some here feel, then yes your idea is prob right in their eyes. Or hezbollah is just a pawn of syria and iran to destroy a sovereing country and iran wants the us to attack it.
    2.they know who supplies them...iran and syria...they didn't need a war for that
    3. Iran will only be attacked if they provoke it...i don't think there will be anymore pre-emptive strikes. congress would not give approval for that right now and international tensions are such that the US would be ostracized from just about every where.

4. israel got fed up with hizbollah, remember the entire region wants israel gone...i bet you'd snap if someone came to your land and kept berating you, then you withdrew from some of it and then it still happened, then had people saying you should be wiped off the map. I'm sure you'd finally get fed up with it and take matters into your hands since the international community wouldn't do anything.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • Options
    jsand wrote:

Yeah man, all those songs and lyrics about peace and equality and protecting the exploited, yeah, they must REALLY get on your goat.

Does bushleaguer make you vomit?
    Does WWS give you the shakes?
    Does WMA make you tremble with racist borne rage? (Or maybe you see that as a song that promotes your kind, the WMA kind of person.)
    Does DTE make you scream "No Eddie!! Your all wrong!! Bush is great !!"
    Does Rival or Comatose make you scream blue murder about those goddamned awful homosexuals?
    Does Even Flow make you shout at the stereo, "Homeless, WHAT FUCKING HOMELESS!! This is America!!"

Does the phrase "Drilling for fear makes the job simple," or "the haves have not a clue" make you cry and wonder how the author of such lovely love songs as Black or EWBTCIAST can stoop so low as to attack our own government and bash America??

Hey, goodbye, thanks for joining in, don't forget your coat.
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    Yeah man, all those songs and lyrics about peace and equality and protecting the exploited, yeah, they must REALLY get on your goat.

Does WMA make you tremble with racist borne rage? (Or maybe you see that as a song that promotes your kind, the WMA kind of person.)
    Does Rival or Comatose make you scream blue murder about those goddamned awful homosexuals?
    Does Even Flow make you shout at the stereo, "Homeless, WHAT FUCKING HOMELESS!! This is America!!"

Does the phrase "Drilling for fear makes the job simple," or "the haves have not a clue" make you cry and wonder how the author of such lovely love songs as Black or EWBTCIAST can stoop so low as to attack our own government and bash America??

You found me out, silverstein. I hate black people, and gays, and the homeless. Congrats.

Little baby.
  • Options

does antagonizing people make you happy? It's an honest question.
  • Options
    chopitdown wrote:

I think I can answer on silverstein's behalf - he loves to antagonize. Look how many of the threads he's been involved in have been shut down.
  • Options
    chopitdown wrote:

I only antagonise racists, bigots, homophobes. I only antagonise those who wish to paint pictures of an entire group of people as inhuman, as below their expressed, racist opinion.

Ill hound, antagonise and piss off such people until I render their slanted, hateful world view for all to see, and all to despise.

Is that a bad thing? THat's an honest question.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    I think I can answer on silverstein's behalf - he loves to antagonize. Look how many of the threads he's been involved in have been shut down.

Im stil waiting for that link to a post where I have been bigoted.

If you can't, then you have rendered everything you say as impotent, and not worth a damn.

Not that we needed such confirmation.
  • Options
    I only antagonise racists, bigots, homophobes. I only antagonise those who wish to paint pictures of an entire group of people as inhuman, as below their expressed, racist opinion.

Ill hound, antagonise and piss off such people until I render their slanted, hateful world view for all to see, and all to despise.

But the thing is most people on this board already recognize how immature and childish you are. You pull out the racist card more than Cynthia McKinney.
  • Options
    Im stil waiting for that link to a post where I have been bigoted.

If you can't, then you have rendered everything you say as impotent, and not worth a damn.

Not that we needed such confirmation.

This coming from the little baby that says I hate gays and blacks and homeless people. You're a joke.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    But the thing is most people on this board already recognize how immature and childish you are. You pull out the racist card more than Cynthia McKinney.

Ahhh, the old "racist card" chestnut.

Been bailing out bigots since the sixties !!
  • Options
    Ahhh, the old "racist card" chestnut.

Been bailing out bigots since the sixties !!

Like you were alive in the sixties - have you reached puberty yet? You're a sad, pathetic little baby. Grow up.
  • Options

it is if you become hate while doing it.

Antagonism NEVER gets anything accomplished it just makes the antagonizer look like an ass and the one biting look like an ass...so nothing gets accomplished.

Be careful labeling people as racists, bigots, and homophobes those are STRONG words.
  • Options
    chopitdown wrote:
    it is if you become hate while doing it.

Antagonism NEVER gets anything accomplished it just makes the antagonizer look like an ass and the one biting look like an ass...so nothing gets accomplished.

Be careful labeling people as racists, bigots, and homophobes those are STRONG words.

Be careful? Why should I be careful when its plainly obvious. Referring to palestinians as "those animals," isnt racist?

Equating homosexuality to bestiality, is not homophobic? (on another thread - onelongsong)

And thats just today!
  • Options
    chopitdown wrote:

You're absolutely right - I should not even address his attacks.
  • Options
    silverstain called me a racist the other day...just another delusional thought in his mind, no big deal.
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528

You must be really antagonise yourself based on what you've just written.
  • Options
    Be careful? Why should I be careful when its plainly obvious. Referring to palestinians as "those animals," isnt racist?

Equating homosexuality to bestiality, is not homophobic? (on another thread - onelongsong)

And thats just today!

i'm not gonna play moderator for the board b/c the present one does just fine. Just remember the old adage if your pointing your finger at someone, you've got 3 pointing back at you.

hate just begets more hate and it seemss in your attempt to enlighten the board more hate ensues. and that's my $0.02
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    You must be really antagonise yourself based on what you've just written.

Like Jsand above, you wil not be able to post a link to anything I have said that is racist, bigoted, or homophobic.

IF you can, ill donate a thousand bucks to AIPAC today.

And that's a promise.
  • Options
    chopitdown wrote:
    i'm not gonna play moderator for the board b/c the present one does just fine. Just remember the old adage if your pointing your finger at someone, you've got 3 pointing back at you.

hate just begets more hate and it seemss in your attempt to enlighten the board more hate ensues. and that's my $0.02

Hey man, I really do see your point. BUT, what would you have me do?

Let those things go unchallenged?

What would you do?