Options

Israelis phone targeted buildings before air strikes

2»

Comments

• Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    jsand wrote:
    I really don't understand your reasoning. There's no oversimplification - that's Hezbollah's stated goal - to destroy Israel - just like Hamas'. Of course there will be suffering when organizations such as this exist.

Again, how do you negotiate with an enemy that's sworn to your destruction because of your religious ancestry and beliefs?

Hahaha, yea that's it, they don't like Jews.

By the way, you keep saying Hizbullah uses "human shields" yet, I haven't seen any proof.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    jsand wrote:
    If it were up to you, Israel would lie down, have its civilians INTENTIONALLY massacred, and then maybe you would be on Israel's side. Fuck that.

Any claim you had to play the victim is out the window...I think Israel has shown it's true colors...what's sickening about it is...it's all US technology....I'm ahead i'm advanced I'll kill civilians with Americas bombs.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Ahnimus wrote:
    By the way, you keep saying Hizbullah uses "human shields" yet, I haven't seen any proof.

Check the UNIFIL (UN observers) reports, they read almost everyday: hez firing from nearby, expecting return fire from Israel any moment.
    http://www.un.org/Depts/dpko/missions/unifil/unifilpress.htm

Boom.
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM
    Tuesday, August 8, 2006
    TEL AVIV — Israel's military has begun calling Palestinians whose homes have been targeted as terror sites in Lebanon and the Gaza Strip.

Military sources said Israel had sent a telephone message to residents of a house destroyed in the northern Gaza Strip. The message warned the residents that their building would be the target of an air strike.
    "There were two phone calls just to make sure they understood what we were about to do," a source said.

The sources said the method has been used in Lebanon during the current war against Hizbullah. They said Lebanese have responded to the telephoned warnings.

Mohammed Shurafa said in an interview with a Gaza radio station that he received a call from a man who identified himself as an Israel Army representative. The caller ordered the resident to leave his house.

The military has acknowledged the story. A spokeswoman said the northern Gaza house was used as a warehouse for the Islamic Jihad.

Shurafa said he and his family complied. But a few minutes later, concluding that the call was a joke, they returned. At that point, the telephone rang again.

"He said: 'Why did you return? This is not a joke,'" Shurafa recalled.

Shurafa said he and his family fled the home. Several minutes later, the house was struck by an air-to-ground missile.

On Tuesday, Palestinian gunners fired at least three Kassam-class, short-range missiles into Israel. There were no reports of injuries.

A military source?

Don't make me laugh. What another ill informed piece of zionist slanted reportage you have posted.

You have no respect at all for the near one thousand dead Lebanese in that invasion.

You have no respect for humanity whatsoever. Its sad, really.
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    I really don't understand your reasoning. There's no oversimplification - that's Hezbollah's stated goal - to destroy Israel - just like Hamas'. Of course there will be suffering when organizations such as this exist.

Again, how do you negotiate with an enemy that's sworn to your destruction because of your religious ancestry and beliefs?

Lets clarify this. Can you do this one thing for me, jsand?

Show me where any Islamic leader has stated their wish for the destruction of the Jewish people.

Do not ever confuse "People" with "The State". It seems to be a common theme in these one sided posts of yours, and in comments from our political leaders.

The State of Israel is a bastard, western enforced anomaly. Jews and Muslims, and with Arab peoples before them, lived together in peace, harmony and respect for 3000 years.

This conflict has its roots in the Zionist dream of Eretz Israel from the late 19th century.

The destruction of the state of the Israel is therefore a very valid claim. If Hezbollah, as you say, supported by Iran, as you say, wanted to wipe the jews from the earth, then maybe they would start with the Jewish members of the Iranian parliament, or the wider jewish community in Teheran.

I want the government of my country dismantled and destroyed. But I don't want one single countryman to die because of it.

Nation states are cancers on humanity, herding and shepherding mankind into little corners from where we are sent to fight and die athen procreate and consume.
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage