March via the American Embassy

Assemble St.Albans City station 1130am
Further details 0777 5656 983

CALLED by the StoptheWar Coalition, Palestine Solidarity Campaign & others
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    It's suppose to be an international day of solidarity toward Lebanon (not anti israel, not pro hezbollah), there should be protest in most major cities, there's one in Montreal too... thanks for posting that...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Exactly. Thanks.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Thanks for posting this :)

I looked for events in my area and found out that there's a rally this afternoon at the federal building, which is right across the street from my office. I'll be there.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    It's suppose to be an international day of solidarity toward Lebanon (not anti israel, not pro hezbollah), there should be protest in most major cities, there's one in Montreal too... thanks for posting that...

Bullshit. I guarantee that will be an anti-Israel hatefest.
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    jsand wrote:

I'll be sure to drop by zombietime dot com to look at the pics and read the crying. Amusing, self centred site that is.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    jsand wrote:

bullshit?

i'll be there anyway...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    I'll be sure to drop by zombietime dot com to look at the pics and read the crying. Amusing, self centred site that is.

"Read the crying"...that makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, all that site does is take photographs of the warped protesters. Has your picture been on there lately?
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    jsand wrote:

And fear mongering rears its ugly head on the message board today to inform the masses that any support for the civilians of Lebanon is anti-Israel....sick of this crap....
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    jsand wrote:
    "Read the crying"...that makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, all that site does is take photographs of the warped protesters. Has your picture been on there lately?

You didn't see the one of you and I arm in arm? You haven't looked to hard at the shots then.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    It's suppose to be an international day of solidarity toward Lebanon (not anti israel, not pro hezbollah)

You know what? I totally agree with this statement ... too bad its probably not going to work out that way, though. Flags will be burned and anti-semitic slogans will be in abundance.
  • Options
    And fear mongering rears its ugly head on the message board today to inform the masses that any support for the civilians of Lebanon is anti-Israel....sick of this crap....

Maybe you're right ... We'll see how the protests turn out.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting...I'll be there

Anyone in GB see the front of the Independent today? pretty depressing
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    You know what? I totally agree with this statement ... too bad its probably not going to work out that way, though. Flags will be burned and anti-semitic slogans will be in abundance.
    Sad to say but I think you're right. A legitimate cause will be hijacked by fanatics.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    Sad to say but I think you're right. A legitimate cause will be hijacked by fanatics.

I am not anti-protest in any sense ... I have just observed that the lowest common denominator at these events tends to drag the whole thing down. You might have 80% of the people there to legitimately support the Lebanese civilian population ... But the other 20%, freakjobs in black masks calling for the downfall of the "Zionist state", are going to get all the press. I guess this isn't a problem with protest in general ... Its a problem with protesting in a free society. You can't prevent idiots from being idiots, unless we are talking about actual violence or rioting.
  • Options

That's not "fear mongering." Will there be any support for the civilians of Israel, or are they merely zionists who deserve to die?
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    jsand wrote:
    That's not "fear mongering." Will there be any support for the civilians of Israel, or are they merely zionists who deserve to die?
    You are more than free to have your own "Hands off Isreal" rallies.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    I am not anti-protest in any sense ... I have just observed that the lowest common denominator at these events tends to drag the whole thing down. You might have 80% of the people there to legitimately support the Lebanese civilian population ... But the other 20%, freakjobs in black masks calling for the downfall of the "Zionist state", are going to get all the press. I guess this isn't a problem with protest in general ... Its a problem with protesting in a free society. You can't prevent idiots from being idiots, unless we are talking about actual violence or rioting.

exactly. the antiwar movement in 2002/2003 was hijacked and ruined by the "free palestine" clique, and has been ever since. all of these rallies have been come nothing more than expositions of sanctimonious, hypocritical racism.
    Anti Zionism is not Anti Semitism

Most antizionists are antisemites
  • Options
    HayssamHayssam Posts: 1
    At 3:00PM in Barbes.

Hayssam at fivehorizons.blogspot.com
    Come on hit me instead...
    Fivehorizons.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    exactly. the antiwar movement in 2002/2003 was hijacked and ruined by the "free palestine" clique, and has been ever since. all of these rallies have been come nothing more than expositions of sanctimonious, hypocritical racism.

Is this an example of sanctimonious, hypocritical racism?

http://fromisraeltolebanon.info/
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    well it's about an hour into it now (GMT 12:53) over there... how's is going?
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Dunno. I've got an after-birthday hangover, and the only marching I've done this morning has been to the bathroom and back.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5203450.stm

But here's a BBC article.