Options

Ahmadinejad and Dialogue

acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
edited September 2006 in A Moving Train
So Ahmadinejad says he's very interested in dialogue, lets talk about things, the time of the bomb is gone, the time to talk is now. Letters to US and Germany, offers of debate.

Well it seems there's pleny of people who do indeed want to debate him, he just has a nasty habit of locking them up.

WSJ - Subscription Required, sorry
http://online.wsj.com/google_login.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB115715045559152215.html%3Fmod%3Dgooglenews_wsj

In one year of his presidency, he has already created one of the bleakest human rights records in Iran's recent history. Four more leading student activists just locked up prior to Annan's visit. The reason? They're writers, editors, journalists, bloggers....

Satellite dishes knocked off high rises. Women's group are denied the ability to protest ( so too labor groups and student groups). The whole women's dress thing of course....

If the regime in Tehran can't even honestly negotiate with it's own people, why the heck would we expect honest talks on the international stage?

Khatami comes over here to the US on the anniversary of 9/11.
Annan visits Iran on the anniversary of the massacre of political prisoners in 1987 (several thousand in 2 weeks).

Wonder who will mark what occassion?
[sic] happens
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brianjdbrianjd Posts: 201
    acutejam wrote:
    So Ahmadinejad says he's very interested in dialogue, lets talk about things, the time of the bomb is gone, the time to talk is now. Letters to US and Germany, offers of debate.

Well it seems there's pleny of people who do indeed want to debate him, he just has a nasty habit of locking them up.

WSJ - Subscription Required, sorry
    http://online.wsj.com/google_login.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB115715045559152215.html%3Fmod%3Dgooglenews_wsj

In one year of his presidency, he has already created one of the bleakest human rights records in Iran's recent history. Four more leading student activists just locked up prior to Annan's visit. The reason? They're writers, editors, journalists, bloggers....

Satellite dishes knocked off high rises. Women's group are denied the ability to protest ( so too labor groups and student groups). The whole women's dress thing of course....

If the regime in Tehran can't even honestly negotiate with it's own people, why the heck would we expect honest talks on the international stage?

Khatami comes over here to the US on the anniversary of 9/11.
    Annan visits Iran on the anniversary of the massacre of political prisoners in 1987 (several thousand in 2 weeks).

Wonder who will mark what occassion?

AHMANDINIJAD IS THE NEXT GUY THE 3RD DIVISION OF THE US ARMY NEEDS TO PULL OUT OF A SPIDER HOLE.
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    brianjd wrote:
    AHMANDINIJAD IS THE NEXT GUY THE 3RD DIVISION OF THE US ARMY NEEDS TO PULL OUT OF A SPIDER HOLE.

AHMANDINIJAD WILL BE THE 3RD DIVISION OF THE US ARMY NEEDS TO PULL OUT OF A SPIDER HOLE.

Rats always hide in holes.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    It's so telling how you guys don't seem too focused on a bad guy until the media starts beating it into your heads. Then it's all the rage and you want his head on a stick. Just echo whatever Fox news is headlining. Who is next after Ahmadinejad? the penguin or the joker?
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    It's so telling how you guys don't seem too focused on a bad guy until the media starts beating it into your heads. Then it's all the rage and you want his head on a stick. Just echo whatever Fox news is headlining. Who is next after Ahmadinejad? the penguin or the joker?

IDK, but Im sure whoever it is, if they are "against america" you'll be on it like flies on shit. Just echo whatever truthout is headlining.

Now watch.

Ill be banned.

Abook wont

ironic isnt it?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    IDK, but Im sure whoever it is, if they are "against america" you'll be on it like flies on shit. Just echo whatever truthout is headlining.

Now watch.

Ill be banned.

Abook wont

ironic isnt it?

Why should I be banned?
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Why should I be banned?

IDK, wait and see if I am. Will you ask that same question?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    Who is next after Ahmadinejad? the penguin or the joker?

ha! that's funny!
  • Options
    IDK, wait and see if I am. Will you ask that same question?

If you broke the rules then I wouldn't ask. It does seem like you were trying to provoke a banning in another thread, though. If this place bugs you this much then I wouldn't come around....the same reason I don't post at RM.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    If you broke the rules then I wouldn't ask. It does seem like you were trying to provoke a banning in another thread, though. If this place bugs you this much then I wouldn't come around....the same reason I don't post at RM.

Ive broken rules no less than many here who go unpunished. At this point, how can you think any way other than that people are punished for opinions rather than how you present said opinions. This place doesnt bug me, its hypocrisy does. What the fuck good does debate do if mods censor it down to 20 people who all think EXACTLY the same as each other. Thats like a circle jerk with no climax. Pointless.

"fuck em" right?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    the left loves diversity. unless its the diversity of thought.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433

Quite honestly -- I remember 1979. This is not news of the day in my book. And the echo was of the Wall Street Journal, an editorial by two Iranian Student Activists.

Telling how there are a few handfuls of countries that we do hear about day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, decade by decade. That's the sad part.

And the Penguin always seemed the more dangerous of the two to me, the Joker sure was gasing folks left and right, but the Penguin was always trying to wipe out Gotham for his own personal ice age. The Joker just wanted to party and get rich, a petty thief, but that Penguin, something just wrong with him.
    [sic] happens