Options

Is this what Christians really think? A response from the Midwest:

hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
I thought a response in a new thread was appropriate…especially since many of my statements, thoughts, ideals and beliefs were sent into limbo by those with poor cognitive skills, like an old grandma. Never, while sitting at my Macintosh, have I seen my words so twisted, warped, ignorned and misunderstood without any effort made to see where I was coming from. So instead of being pathetic and scary by flying off the handle, or trying to be angelic by chastising someone else for giving their opinion, why don't we address my quote in exact detail. After all, instead of talking on the Moving Train, we could all be rocking out in Canada…eh? Yeah, eh.

Let's take another look at my quote, shall we?

Radical Islam has driven away the truth of Jesus Christ and the Bible from these people, and instead replaced it with a satanically inspired fanaticism that has led these people in the wrong direction, both morally and spiritually. That's why they will never find peace, financial prosperity, or food or shelter that is adequate. Satan's ulitmate goal is the destruction of Israel, to prevent the coming of Christ, and he uses these radical Islamists through his guile and influence to do his bidding. And yes, I just said that…and I really believe it and mean it. All you have to do is look at the nations who believe in God and the Bible, and then compare them to the nations who follow these ideals of Islam, and then compare the two to see who God has allowed to prosper, and who he has allowed to suffer via their faith.

Myth #1. I was speaking about people of Islam in general.

You'll notice throughout this post that I never…NOT ONCE…EVER…referred to the religion of Islam as being the culprit, like some people indicated. I referred specifically to RADICAL ISLAM. Note the word RADICAL. Radical as in people who saw the heads off of innocent, kidnapped people with a rusty knife. Or radical as in people who disembowel soldiers, or radical as in people who walk into a sidewalk cafe and pull the chord on a suicide belt. In case you missed it, the words "Radical Islam" were the first two words in that quote, with "Radical" being the very FIRST word used. Islam WAS used in the latter stance of the paragraph, but only in the context that I was referring to "these ideals" of Islam…as in…these "radical ideals". And yeah, I DO think Islam IS a false religion, but I think it's the Radicals that have brought the pain and suffering to these people. And to be fair, yeah, even WITHOUT THE RADICALS, I still don't think that the Middle East WOULD be as prosperous as the United States due to their not having Jesus Christ in their lives. I DO think their lives would be MUCH better without these radicals, but I still doubt they would enjoy all of the blessings that God has given to us. Should I probably have not used the word "nations"? Yes, I'll give you that. That probably was confusing. I should have said…"All you have to do is look at the nations who believe in God and the Bible, and then compare them to the RADICALS IN THESES nations who follow these ideals of RADICAL Islam." I do admit that I was unclear, and I should have stated this as such originally, but I didn't know I was going to get nitpicked to death in a thread started about it. I usually try to type VERY carefully just for these reasons.

I repeat…I never…NOT ONCE…EVER…referred to the religion of Islam as the culprit, like some people indicated. The majority of people of the Islamic faith are caring, kind, loving, wonderful people who live in peace and bring much joy, prosperity and light into this world. I have no qualms with them.

Myth #2. My views are in the Christian minority.

I'm not much of a religious fella but no Christians that I know feel this way. This guy gives mainstream Christians a bad name much like a Pat Robertson does. Kinda pathetic and scary at the same time.

Not really. In fact, most Bible believing Christians DO believe in what I just said. Here's a whole community of them. Enjoy. http://www.raptureready.com I will give flywallyfly credit for at least saying that he doesn't know OF any other Christians with my view, instead of just acting like my views are singular and isolated. Thumbs down for the "pathetic" comment though, You're usually more cool than that. I'm disappointed.

Myth #3. I'm a racist.

I'm a catholic raise and think this is pure fucking hilarious bullshit propaganda, once again... this is racism, blending extremist into the mix of every followers of the Islam community, is discrimination toward a race, therefore racism. If that post was made on this board he must be banned...

That's a cop out so that you don't have to think, or evaluate, or respond to what I said. I'm in no way, shape or form a racist…and what I said contains not one shred of racial bigotry or hatred. Once again I never addressed "every followers of the Islam community"!!! I addressed ONLY RADICAL ISLAMISTS. And even THEN, my comments STILL were NOT racist in tone, nature or meaning. If you think otherwise, then you're simply being a hyper-sensitive cry baby.

Myth #4. My comment has no bearing on what Christianity is "really" about.

I don't know what Christians think. I do know that such a view is not what Christianity is about. Such a view is about human flaw and justifying one's own inner lack of Love and Peace. The sign of a polarised or unbalanced human is that they believe one side is "right" and another side "wrong". And they force the world to fit this view. On the other hand, humans who are realistic see that each individual does good things at times, and also does bad things at times. It's the nature of being human. We don't have good without bad. We have both, and the will to choose. The demonising of any peoples is about the inner demon of the person doing the demonising.

I find it odd, and humorous, that a person who doesn't know what Christians think, actually knows what Christianity IS and ISN"T all about. That's interesting. How can one have NO concept of Christianity…except for their Jesus in his sandals preaching love concept…and then know everything else about the Bible, Israel, Satan, etc. The fact is, it has a lot to do with Christianity…because it deals with the second coming of Christ, which centers around the country of Israel and those trying to destroy it. And…if you knew the Bible…you would know that the second coming of Jesus is a REALLY IMPORTANT PART OF THE BIBLE.

I could go on and on…but I don't have the desire to type that much. So in essence, the next time all of you decide to call me out in a thread created because of one of my posts…at least quote me right and quit distorting my statements and ideals. When I talk about Satan, I'm NOT talking about demonic possession, and I'm sure as heck not talking about the nice, law abiding, loving people who practice Islam. I'm talking about the radical nutcases who chop off heads and blow up cafes. In my opinion, Satan has influenced, beguiled and deceived these followers of Islam into a way and means that has totally perverted and destroyed their faith…and turned it into something that Satan uses for his own evil agenda. The destruction of Israel. If you don't think that's his goal, read the Bible. It's in there. Why does he want that? So he can prevent the second coming of Christ. And yes, some poor countries DO have many followers of Christ, I know that. Just like we have many poor people in the United States, and we all know we have tons of Jesus loving people here too. I'm simply saying that I think God has blessed nations like the United States and Israel MORE THAN many of these other nations because of our steadfast belief in Christ, and the fact that Israel is his chosen nation. Yes, we all have a choice in whatever we want to do…and unfortunately, these Radical Islamists have brought horrible suffering and tyranny and death to their own countrymen. Radical Islam promotes this war and suffering that causes these innocent people of Islam to live in such poverty and sickness.

Have a wonderful weekend.
MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
Low Traffic CIO MIW
Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    I for one think Christians are some of the nicest people I've ever met. The ones that don't try to convert you and say Jesus this and Jesus that at every turn in every conversation. I used to be extremely religious. However I have come to learn that churches are really just hospitals for sinners not hotels for saints.

Could just be my experience though. I had memorized every song, every verse, you name it. I could do 90% of every service without opening a single book. I began to feel increasingly brainwahsed and bored with the process of church over time. What have I taken away from it? Honor the last 5 commandments. They're universal to any religion, and it makes life a whole lot easier in the longrun. These are to date wisest words gleaned from endless lessons learned and echoed to us by the billions who lived, died and experienced their lives (to completion) before us. What a luxury to have access to imo.

Hey, is it the weekend already? Sweet, I'll take that extra day anytime. :)
  • Options
    Hey, is it the weekend already? Sweet, I'll take that extra day anytime. :)

I thought I better say that, since some here were already calling for my banning from the Moving Train. ;) That, and it's close enough. ;)
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • Options
    RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Have a wonderful weekend.

You too. I'm gonna get a sixer and listen to 'Rapture" by Blondie tonight !
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • Options
    I will also admit that the "food and shelter" comment was a bit odd. I was trying to convey the idea that these people probably won't ever find the comforts and joys that we, as a nation, are able to experience. And no, I'm not talking about Nintendo and Playboy…I'm talking about good housing, plentiful food, and the other bounties of life that we take for granted.
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    hailhailkc wrote:
    I thought I better say that, since some here were already calling for my banning from the Moving Train. ;) That, and it's close enough. ;)

Hehe. Yeah brother I hear ya on that one

Well, I for one would never be a snippy little baby whiner and cry to the admins about someone no matter what they say to me directly or indirectly whether validated or not. Those who do, you know who you are. And sad little creatures they are. Quite pathetic really.

Whether I'm here tomorrow or not, I will always be proud to stand behind that statement and idealogy. That's what makes me proud to be who I am (and stronger because of it). I don't cry to mommy and daddy anymore in my adult life.

I've always thought Pearl Jam was a really cool band with a cool msg board. I've been seriously reconsidering that lately. But I digress, and I shall partake in the weekend festivities a day early...woohoo!!! :)
  • Options
    EvilToasterElfEvilToasterElf Posts: 1,119
    Don't Fundamentalist Christians pose just as much of a threat to the true intentions of Jesus?

Fanatical, or Radical beliefs in politics, religion, economy, almost everything tend to warp and distort the core that spawned it.

Except extremist ice cream makers, some of the new Ben and Jerry's flavors are amazing.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    hhkc, you're my hero man. Way to stand your ground. :)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
    why do ppl even go to church-i mean god knows of their love, i mean they are wasting their time-time that could be full of oppertunity.god is modest and put us on the earth to find our place and fill our purpose-not to sit in a hard old pew at 8a.m.
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • Options
    zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
    Don't Fundamentalist Christians pose just as much of a threat to the true intentions of Jesus?

Fanatical, or Radical beliefs in politics, religion, economy, almost everything tend to warp and distort the core that spawned it.

Except extremist ice cream makers, some of the new Ben and Jerry's flavors are amazing.

DITTO
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • Options

Fundamentalists…or…radicalists / extremeists? There is a big difference. Falwell believes that we should shut out homosexuals and that they are destined for hell. I don't believe in that kind of stuff. I believe in the Bible, and in Christ…not in warping the views of the Word of God.

But I understand your point. Yes, they exist on both sides.
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    No wonder i was looking for an answer.

this is the only part i made comment on:

"All you have to do is look at the nations who believe in God and the Bible, and then compare them to the nations who follow these ideals of Islam, and then compare the two to see who God has allowed to prosper, and who he has allowed to suffer via their faith."

This is not implying anything related to radical islam, it says that your beloved country is allowed and has thrive because God allowed them to prosper, and then follow by saying that muslim are allowed to suffer via their faith, since their faith is not new, it imply that they never did thrive and that no muslim country are currently allowed to prosper (you should start to educate yourself, would help, you'd find some great places where Islam is the religion and the country is prosper) It's all there, but you're right, i don't have to think or whatever, go on with your business...

Edit: ... and you don't have to be agressive to say something racist, i've post a thread about racism once cause i thought it wasn't something people understand, well you clearly don't understand what is racism, how do you think they start to hate jews in Germany? How do you think Hutu start to hate Tootsie in Rwanda? Yes your right, because of false "facts" and propaganda that was painting the other as bad, less develop, less intelligent, dirty or whatever, but in the beginning they were not talking about killing them, they were spreading the lies that lead to the events that we know today. Damn i'm such a cry baby...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Myth #2. My views are in the Christian minority.

I'm not much of a religious fella but no Christians that I know feel this way. This guy gives mainstream Christians a bad name much like a Pat Robertson does. Kinda pathetic and scary at the same time.

Not really. In fact, most Bible believing Christians DO believe in what I just said. Here's a whole community of them. Enjoy. http://www.raptureready.com I will give flywallyfly credit for at least saying that he doesn't know OF any other Christians with my view, instead of just acting like my views are singular and isolated. Thumbs down for the "pathetic" comment though, You're usually more cool than that. I'm disappointed.

i really wnat to believe that isnt true, but im afraid it is. id like to believe the the rapture christians are a small minority, but i dont think they are. id go into what scares me about them, but i think david cross already nailed it pretty well on his standup comedy cd. he has a nice bit about how southern baptists are the scariest cult in america :)

dont mean to call you out, but ive got to ask: is your fiance a very devout evangelical? cos ive noticed that you used to be pretty mellow, but ever since you got engaged your evangelical zeal seems to have increased tenfold and you're much more vocal about it. not that there's anything wrong with that, ive just always noticed that a man's religious fervor increases tenfold the moment he falls for a girl who is very devout and considers faith a very important quality ;)
  • Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    Why are they no Christian fundamentalists this vehment or 'popular' elsewhere in the world?

Also, isn't it like ninety eight per cent of all alien abduction claims made in the USA?

I'd say there is a connection there somewhere...

USA, aliens, Christian fundamentalists.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!