Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Speaking of F*ck Ups

58823005882300 Posts: 813
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Does anyone else find it funny that whenever any of the band screws up, Ed has no problem calling them out, but Ed fucks up songs left right and center and no one says a word. Ed loves to jack up Lukin, Life Wasted, Evolution, Satan's Bed and Off He Goes.

As soon as some else fucks up he takes the piss out of them, it's hilarious. I wish one time the whole band would just stop and ask take the piss out Ed right back.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

  • the band doesn't need to call out Ed, he does it himself, plenty
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

    Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PAPosts: 3,343
    at east ruthersford 1 or 2 ed was saying in the papers last night it said they made a mistake and blamed stone (of course) and he said it was really his fault he would let stone take the blame. Fast forward into the next song, ed fucks up and says it was his fault while laughing. (or something to that effect).

    But seriously, when is it not stones fault?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?
    38 shows and counting...,
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=6386
    http://ts.la/adam1479 - GO SOLAR!!
  • OptrexOptrex Posts: 31
    I agree and Ed does f**k up some songs royally, esp DTE and Satans Bed, always makes me laugh when I hear it though.
    He usually tells himself off after the song finishes. I'm sure the other guys give him shit after the show.
  • I never understood why Ed fucks up the lyrics so much to DTE.....it's not that hard of a song to memorize.
  • OptrexOptrex Posts: 31
    I think maybe cos Ed likes to give it his all on this song and perhaps just losses track of where he is at sometimes, that or he is downed his second bottle of red wine, that or he has written a billion songs and simply cant remember them sometimes.
    I think Wishlist would be the hardest song to remember in the correct order.
    The day he f**ks up U, then we have a good a problem
  • 58823005882300 Posts: 813
    I realize he makes fun of himself, he does it all of the time.......I just thiit would be funny if someone else grabbed the mic and made fun of him.

    I'd love to see Stone call him out.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    a live version of "Alone" came up on the iPod the other day where Ed totally forgot the song and they had to start over. didn't catch the date of the show but it was a very funny moment.
  • the band doesn't need to call out Ed, he does it himself, plenty
    Thats true. He get a good laugh out of it too :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PAPosts: 3,343
    Optrex wrote:
    The day he f**ks up U, then we have a problem


    that would be hilarious!!!!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?
    38 shows and counting...,
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=6386
    http://ts.la/adam1479 - GO SOLAR!!
  • I never understood why Ed fucks up the lyrics so much to DTE.....it's not that hard of a song to memorize.

    I think he messes up songs on purpose sometimes. How in the hell do you forget the lyrics to a song that you wrote yourself and have sung hundreds of times? When has he ever sang "Lukin" correctly?

    Not sure why he does it. Maybe he thinks it's funny or endearing? Or makes him seem down to earth?

    It just seems to me that if you royally screwed up a song one night, you would go back to your little notebook and refresh your memory so you didn't screw it up again next time.
    motel money murder madness
  • 58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Take another listen to Penn State 03 and check out Santan's Bed if it has been awhile. I get embarrassed for him every time I hear it.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Optrex wrote:
    I think maybe cos Ed likes to give it his all on this song and perhaps just losses track of where he is at sometimes, that or he is downed his second bottle of red wine, that or he has written a billion songs and simply cant remember them sometimes.
    I think Wishlist would be the hardest song to remember in the correct order.
    The day he f**ks up U, then we have a good a problem

    Then check out Santa Barbara 2006 because Ed fucks up 'U'.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    5882300 wrote:
    Take another listen to Penn State 03 and check out Santan's Bed if it has been awhile. I get embarrassed for him every time I hear it.

    Really? That's one of my favorite PJ moments ever. Absolutely hilarious. It's great the band has fun spontaneous moments and isn't worried about screwing up.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    ii44 wrote:
    Really? That's one of my favorite PJ moments ever. Absolutely hilarious. It's great the band has fun spontaneous moments and isn't worried about screwing up.


    I could give a shit less how many times they screw up..........theyre human and it happens. They all handle it very well.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Curly Joe wrote:
    I think he messes up songs on purpose sometimes. How in the hell do you forget the lyrics to a song that you wrote yourself and have sung hundreds of times? When has he ever sang "Lukin" correctly?

    Not sure why he does it. Maybe he thinks it's funny or endearing? Or makes him seem down to earth?

    It just seems to me that if you royally screwed up a song one night, you would go back to your little notebook and refresh your memory so you didn't screw it up again next time.

    yea sometimes it sounds to me like he purposely stops singing a part or mumbles away, just cause he doesn't feel like it or doesn't care.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 12,834
    a) Ed acknowledges his fuck ups many times.
    b) He doesn't call people out that often. I have a couple hundred boots (going back to day one) and while I notice TONS of fuck ups from Stone, Mike, Matt or Jeff...it is very uncommon for him to say ANYTHING.
    c) Anything he says is very tongue-in-cheek and on the many DVDs I have most of the band is usually laughing at the guy that fucked up (including Ed).
Sign In or Register to comment.