They're gonna tell you where to walk
When to smile and just what to say
They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    i saw the sign....and it opened up my eyes...i saw the sign.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    I'd probably put one up to.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I'd probably put one up to.

That's fucking disgusting.....

You deserve a sign pointing towards your house -- F**KHEAD IN NEIGHBOURHOOD!

Imagine how the kid with the disability feels (hopefully he can't read!). Fuck I hate the word RETARD.

:mad:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    Actually I wouldn't want it toward the kid. I want it towards the parents that let the kid wander around in other people's yards and throw rocks at other children. Don't let your kid with disabilities walk around the neighborhod by himself.
  • Options
    Actually I wouldn't want it toward the kid. I want it towards the parents that let the kid wander around in other people's yards and throw rocks at other children. Don't let your kid with disabilities walk around the neighborhod by himself.

Exactly! Why on earth who anyone let their child, who has the mentality of a 3 yr old, roam around the neighborhood by himself!! He could really get hurt not mention harming others. The poor child...
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    parents of kids like that wanna believe that their kid is normal, soooo they treat them like the age they are, not the age their brain functions at.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    I like how the moron who spray painted the sign wrote "Retard's" in the possesive form. Kind of indicates how many "retard's" are actually in the area.
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    stylo17 wrote:
    parents of kids like that wanna believe that their kid is normal, soooo they treat them like the age they are, not the age their brain functions at.

And thats when things get fucked.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    hailhailkc wrote:
    I like how the moron who spray painted the sign wrote "Retard's" in the possesive form. Kind of indicates how many "retard's" are actually in the area.

that's the first thing i noticed too. :p
    thankfully, the child in question cannot read...b/c while sure the parents should look after their child more thoroughly, it is also a hateful thing to do.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Two sad families living beside each other...
  • Options
    69charger69charger Posts: 1,045
    Couldn't they have just put up a "Slow Children at Play" sign?

*ducks* ;)
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    That's fucking disgusting.....

You deserve a sign pointing towards your house -- F**KHEAD IN NEIGHBOURHOOD!

Imagine how the kid with the disability feels (hopefully he can't read!). Fuck I hate the word RETARD.

:mad:
    i agree with you.

By the way, didn't that guy just look like the type of person who would do something like this? :rolleyes:

Knowing the way those kinds of people act, he's probably raised his kids to be as angry and ignorant as him.. i bet his daughter harasses the hell out of that little kid..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    hailhailkc wrote:

Yeah, I've never understood why people use "'s" in completely incorrect contexts. Is it not easier to just use an "s"?
  • Options
    Yeah, I've never understood why people use "'s" in completely incorrect contexts. Is it not easier to just use an "s"?
    You don't understand it because that guy seemed so educated to you? :p

I love it when people don't recognize things like the plural possesive when the apostrophe is after the s and then try to correct you too..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    Anyone who thinks there is any justifacation of any kind for a sign like that is a... well...

Asshole.

Better ways to deal with it than putting up a sign. You're telling me the best course of action is to put up an awful spray-painted sign like that? That's the adult thing to do?

It's no different - and I'm going to apologize in advance for typing the words -
    Caution: Faggots in area.

-or-

Caution: Niggers in area.

I can't believe some of you condone this...

EDIT: BTW, I think the family probably needs to keep the kid on a tighter chain, so to speak - but that sign just makes me sick.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    NakedClown wrote:
    Anyone who thinks there is any justifacation of any kind for a sign like that is a... well...

Asshole.

Better ways to deal with it than putting up a sign. You're telling me the best course of action is to put up an awful spray-painted sign like that? That's the adult thing to do?

It's no different - and I'm going to apologize in advance for typing the words -

-or-

I never condoned it. I think the childs parents need to be more responsible.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    I never condoned it. I think the childs parents need to be more responsible.

Yeah - hence my edit - I agree with that... someone up there said something like "I'd probably put a sign like that up too"

EDIT: And now I see that the guy who made the a-hole comment clarified his stance a bit.. so I apologize for getting fired up...
  • Options
    I wouldn't really put a sign up in my yard. I was just kidding. Dumb thing to kid about, I know.

I guess this doesn't have to do anything with the sign really. It's hard to tell by not actually being there. I don't know if the parents are watching the kid walk around everywhere or if they're neglecting the kid. If they were just letting him wander around freely and not paying any attention to him at all I'd call some authorities and let them know that these people weren't properly taking care of their children, and potentially letting him get in harms way. I believe neglect is considered child abuse in some places. I guess the story didn't make that part too clear, since it was about the sign and not that. That's what I was upset about. He may be 13, but with the mind of a 3 year old.. you wouldn't let a toddler out wandering around the neighborhood unattended.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    hailhailkc wrote:

Dee dee dee!!
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Exactly! Why on earth who anyone let their child, who has the mentality of a 3 yr old, roam around the neighborhood by himself!! He could really get hurt not mention harming others. The poor child...

There are plenty of children, and some adults, with the mentality of a 3 year old walking the streets. Shit, there's even one in the White House. What's the big deal? Kids are kids! They throw rocks. So some uptight girl went crying to her parents? Get over it.
  • Options
    vedderelfvedderelf Posts: 100
    I've never seen a more disturbing group of responses from a group of people, be it here or anywhere. I guess what makes them disturbing is that you actually think you're being funny or right or appropriate or whatever.

The next time someone here asks for some sympathy about a situation, I'll just post a comment similarly. What about that one woman who has autistic sons who I've seen regularly post here? Would you dare post something like that?

I have a an older 16-year-old brother with Down syndrome who suffered a stroke after one of 5 open heart surgeries and also has the mentality of maybe a 5-year-old. He's jumped the fence in our yard before. Let most of you have the responsibility of caring for someone like that and see if things don't happen. Half of you couldnt handle it because you'd be too busy bithcing about how you didnt get a fucking poster at a concert because damnit, those are the important things to stand up for?

I've had people who have literally just walk right up to us at a playground and say just the nastiest things. I guess no one here is above that.

I could go on but honestly, those responses stand for themselves. You guys look like assholes.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    NakedClown wrote:

Asshole.

-or-

EDIT: BTW, I think the family probably needs to keep the kid on a tighter chain, so to speak - but that sign just makes me sick.

exactly.
    whatever happened to speaking to someone when there is an issue/danger? even if that doesn't work, there are other avenues to take...and none of them include displaying such ignorance/intolerance as a sign such as that.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Yeah, no doubt the "WTU" on his hat stands for White Trash University. http://media.bonnint.net/slc/16/1648/164887.jpg
  • Options
    NakedClown wrote:

Asshole.

-or-

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Seriously, I cannot believe some of the people here think this hatred is warranted. It's absolutely on the same level of hatred as racism.

At the same time, this white trash asshole with the sign still has the right to express himself. But hopefully the good people of this po-dunk town will shun him for his idiocy....or show up with pitchforks and burn the fucker's house down.
  • Options
    vedderelf wrote:
    I've never seen a more disturbing group of responses from a group of people, be it here or anywhere. I guess what makes them disturbing is that you actually think you're being funny or right or appropriate or whatever.

The next time someone here asks for some sympathy about a situation, I'll just post a comment similarly. What about that one woman who has autistic sons who I've seen regularly post here? Would you dare post something like that?

I have a an older 16-year-old brother with Down syndrome who suffered a stroke after one of 5 open heart surgeries and also has the mentality of maybe a 5-year-old. He's jumped the fence in our yard before. Let most of you have the responsibility of caring for someone like that and see if things don't happen. Half of you couldnt handle it because you'd be too busy bithcing about how you didnt get a fucking poster at a concert because damnit, those are the important things to stand up for?

I've had people who have literally just walk right up to us at a playground and say just the nastiest things. I guess no one here is above that.

I could go on but honestly, those responses stand for themselves. You guys look like assholes.
    Agreed. I've got a 25 year old handicapped sister. The word retard doesn't really offend me because it's sort of become common these days to call non-retarded people retards. But this sign is clearly offensive. And to defend that takes a whole lot of ignorance.

For those of you who say that the parents are shitty parents and need to keep closer watch on the kid, keep in mind that the only thing you've heard about the kid roaming and throwing rocks is coming from some white-trash piece of shit who's willing to put up such signs in his yard. I barely consider that asshole to be a human.

Also, walk a mile before you spout off your ignorant opinions. Kids with disabilities are extremely difficult to parent. I'm not just talking about keeping track of them and keeping them on a "shorter chain." They need some level of independance that varies like mad depending on the kid. A 13 year old with the brain of a 3 year old still cannot be treated like a regular 3 year old. These are very difficult situations we're talking about and it's not at all fair to judge the parents here. I do however reserve the right to judge that fucking prick who hung the sign and refuses to take it down.
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    The surprising thing is that there were no punch involved, i would be in flame if a neighboor would put a sign like this cause i have a handicap kid (any kind of handicap that is).
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    The surprising thing is that there were no punch involved, i would be in flame if a neighboor would put a sign like this cause i have a handicap kid (any kind of handicap that is).
    Especially since from the pics they totally look like the Springer type. Stay tuned and I'm sure they'll be on Springer next week defending their sign.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Who is the sign supposed to be warning?
    I mean, the guy claims that all of the neighbors already know about this kid... and I'm guessing the kid's parents already know of his inabilities... it the sign supposed to warn the mailman? The Johovah's witnesses? The Publisher's Clearing House Awards Van? Who?
    And I don't know the whole story, so I can't say... maybe the neighbors have already talked to the parents, who don't give a shit and the guy just made the sign out of frustration... or maybe he's just a mean person... I don't know. But, it sounds like those people don't know about living together. The parents have a responsibility regarding their kid's actions and the neighbors need to try to understand.
    And like it has been said, this is a total Jerry Springer situation.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    citizen_drewcitizen_drew Posts: 170
    A retard who throws rocks and some white trash fuck who apparently decides the best way to handle the situation is to decorate his yard with a cardboard sign that reads like the retarded kid wrote it himself...classic. Kudos to the original poster for digging this beauty up...

As I often do I find myself on the fence here so I have no position on this, just wanted to bump this baby so the masters could look deeper into the underlying complex issues going on here....or not Haha. Again, way to raise the bar...
  • Options
    69charger69charger Posts: 1,045
    Besides, if we weren't supposed to laugh at retarded people God wouldn't have made them so funny, right?

;)