Options

CEO: Worker Pay Ratio Shoots Up to 431:1

13»

Comments

• Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    mammasan wrote:
    Well what if you are using those lyrics to express your opinion.

Then you need to learn how to form your own and how to better personally express yourself. :)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Then you need to learn how to form your own and how to better personally express yourself. :)

But what if you are not a wordsmith and the lyrics just happen to perfectly express your opinion?
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Maybe, but poor leadership from CEO's leads to abject poverty for joe worker when the company dosen't exist anymore. See Delta Air Lines, Eastern etc.

Joe Worker makes very little money, because anyone can do Joe Workers job. If the board of directors fuck up the hiring of leadership, the company tanks and then no one has a job, not to mention putting more burden on other Joe middle class Workers who pay taxes because Joe Worker over at unemployment is there because Joe CEO was a fucking moron and didn't take into account rising fuel costs so the company went out of business and everyone lost thier jobs.

That's why CEO's make what they make, that, and they know how to bargain and they know what thier worth to the company is. Good ones know if they respect and take care of thier workers, Joe Worker will bust ass and make the company profitable and everybody gains. Bad ones, don't give a shit, they lie, cheat, steal and wreck companies. That's why the CEO makes a ton of money, not everyone is cut out for that kind of pressure. Sure the perks are great, sure they don't make the cogs, but without leadership, nothing gets done properly.

Pretty much my sentiments...those bitching about this have no clue what type of pressure a CEO is under! In fact I held a high position at a local company (not at the CEO level but dan close) here in Denver and was paid quite a bit money for my services. In return I was responsible for the companies growth, employee well being, overall health in general! It was so much pressure I stepped down and went into business for myself...Sure I took a hefty pay cut, but it's totally worth it!

Of course there are benefits that go over the top for some CEO's, we all know about these cronies stroking themselves and voting for pay raises within the circle, but that's not a majority. Most of the time CEO's..CFO's execs in general are a major part of the company to begin with...Your sentiment that these guys are in it for themselves and to pay their shareholders is totally bogus!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    But what if you are not a wordsmith and the lyrics just happen to perfectly express your opinion?
    Spend more time working on your vocabulary and less time here?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Spend more time working on your vocabulary and less time here?

Ah, you thought I was speaking of myself. I'm sorry but you are sorely mistaken. My vocabulary is extensive so there is no need for me to borrow others words to express my feelings. See what jumping to conclusions gets you.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    Ah, you thought I was speaking of myself. I'm sorry but you are sorely mistaken. My vocabulary is extensive so there is no need for me to borrow others words to express my feelings. See what jumping to conclusions gets you.

Why do you presume I mean you? How is my "you" any different than the ones you used?

Since you mentioned it, what does jumping to conclusions get you?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Why do you presume I mean you? How is my "you" any different than the ones you used?

Since you mentioned it, what does jumping to conclusions get you?

Pie in the eye.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way