Options

Hooked:Illegal drugs....

MeatwagonMeatwagon Posts: 108
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=70805 Not the best link, but a good documentry. It's been rotating on the History channel, and talks about the big 3 drugs and how they became illegal. I've caught bits here and there, but need to sit and give it a listen. Funny thing is I haven't seen anything about Marijuana yet???? Never mind...It's in volume #1.
Axis of justice.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I learned a little something.....Coke started out as a drink that was put together to help people cope with their addiction to Morphine because it was getting harder to come by (illegal). After it was purchased and distributed to a wider market, you could go to a drug store and pay for a glass of good old cocaine laced soda water. A little something to pick ya back up and put you on your feet!!! I'm pretty sure Cocaine was next on the list of drugs to regulate.
    Axis of justice.com
  • Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    when prohibition was repealed; J Edgar needed something for his boys to do. thus the drug act of 1937 was enacted and refer maddness was rampant. the problem is that the lies told by authorities were soon found out and when people found out that what they were told about marijuana was lies; they tried harder drugs thinking that they were lied to about those too.
  • Options
    According to the good old T.V. the Harrison Tax act of 1914 started this whole thing in motion. It was the answer to the Morphine epedimic that was so popular then. It brought the drugs into pharmacys so they could be regulated and taxed. Drugs that became illegal could now be picked up by your local "Walgreens";) At the time, it was thought to be unconstitutional to regulate what people could or could not put into their own bodies. So regulate and tax instead.
    Axis of justice.com
  • Options
    Meatwagon wrote:
    According to the good old T.V. the Harrison Tax act of 1914 started this whole thing in motion. It was the answer to the Morphine epedimic that was so popular then. It brought the drugs into pharmacys so they could be regulated and taxed. Drugs that became illegal could now be picked up by your local "Walgreens";) At the time, it was thought to be unconstitutional to regulate what people could or could not put into their own bodies. So regulate and tax instead.

regulation and legallity are two different things. alcohol is both regulated and taxed yet cannot be made illegal.
    pot is being found to be one of the best medicinals for several diseases. we may find that the drug act of 1937 caused thousands of people to suffer needlessly.
    in the mid 1800's the buffalo was slaughtered to kill off the american indians. last year it was discovered that something in buffalo meat actually kills cancer.
  • Options
    Buffalo meat isn't too bad. A little tough but tasty!!
    Axis of justice.com
  • Options
    Meatwagon wrote:
    Buffalo meat isn't too bad. A little tough but tasty!!

i'm one of the biggest suppliers of pure buffalo meat and mine is not tough. you must have had feedlot buffalo.
  • Options
    i'm one of the biggest suppliers of pure buffalo meat and mine is not tough. you must have had feedlot buffalo.
    You have to be shitting me...A buddy of mine pays his fee and gets to go hunt his. Comes down to him standing in a field, picking his prize and letting fly. Not much of a hunt. I'll have to give him shit about his kill next time.
    Axis of justice.com
  • Options
    Meatwagon wrote:
    You have to be shitting me...A buddy of mine pays his fee and gets to go hunt his. Comes down to him standing in a field, picking his prize and letting fly. Not much of a hunt. I'll have to give him shit about his kill next time.

he must be getting old buffalo if it's tough. my 3 yr old bull is 6 feet tall and over 2000 lbs. i've got the bloodline from yellowstone and this fall i'll be getting cows from the ranch where dances with wolves was filmed. they've got a good herd.