Options

Dictator Bush

GoldenWordsGoldenWords Posts: 32
edited September 2006 in A Moving Train
"GOV. GEORGE W. BUSH (R-TX), PRESIDENT-ELECT: I told all four that there were going to be some times where we don't agree with each other. But that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." - CNN (12/18/00)

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0012/18/nd.01.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Um, wow....
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    yeah i don't think you can take that statement too literally, i remember that quote and the others around him laughing after he said it. it was just a joke.

and this is coming from someone who absolutely hates Bush... so take it for what its worth.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    "GOV. GEORGE W. BUSH (R-TX), PRESIDENT-ELECT: I told all four that there were going to be some times where we don't agree with each other. But that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." - CNN (12/18/00)

Come on people, this was called humor...something that continually eludes this board.

Note, the "IF" statement. It would be alot easier if this was a dictatorship, meaning it isn't. The joke is, as long as he is the dictator, meaning it is only cool to be in a dictatorship when you are the dictator. That is funny, ha ha.

Maybe someday all of you will get to live in a dictatorship, after the fall of this modern day Roman Empire, and then you can compare realistically.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options

So what's wrong with being a dictator? I would love to see Bush be President for life...He could send Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid to Iran Just like Lincoln expelled members of Congress to the enemy! Think what he could get done without the Dems? Our seas, lakes, rivers, streams and ponds would run black and red with the world's oil and blood!!! Bush could blow up all kinds of stuff too and without any opposition, there would be no bloggers to accuse him of actually engaging in said blowing up! He could also go after the wives of any political opponent and put them in serious danger!!! My god, I'm having an orgasm just THINKING about it!!!!
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
  • Options
    yeah i don't think you can take that statement too literally, i remember that quote and the others around him laughing after he said it. it was just a joke.

and this is coming from someone who absolutely hates Bush... so take it for what its worth.
    Bush's passion for secrecy

"In 2001, Bush issued an executive order rolling back the Presidential Records Act. The order shifts the burden of accessing presidential archives to the public; scholars could be forced to sue for memos and records of former presidencies. So even history may never know what Bush really intended when he pulled the wool over the people's eyes." - Boston Globe (12/21/04)

EXECUTIVE ORDER 13233

"By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to establish policies and procedures implementing section 2204 of title 44 of the United States Code with respect to constitutionally based privileges, including those that apply to Presidential records reflecting military, diplomatic, or national security secrets, Presidential communications, legal advice, legal work, or the deliberative processes of the President and the President's advisors, and to do so in a manner consistent with the Supreme Court's decisions in Nixon v. Administrator of General Services, 433 U.S. 425 (1977), and other cases..." - White House (11/01/01), FAS (11/01/01)
    Hmmmmmm ....... don't sound like a joke to me.
  • Options
    amongst 3 other congressional leaders, he is the dictator.
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    amongst 3 other congressional leaders, he is the dictator.
    that's called oligarchy ;)
    If that was humour, well, how funny. I'm Italian and Berlusconi was making "humour" all the time... he was a clown. Thankfully he's gone.
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    Bush's passion for secrecy

"In 2001, Bush issued an executive order rolling back the Presidential Records Act. The order shifts the burden of accessing presidential archives to the public; scholars could be forced to sue for memos and records of former presidencies. So even history may never know what Bush really intended when he pulled the wool over the people's eyes." - Boston Globe (12/21/04)

EXECUTIVE ORDER 13233

"By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to establish policies and procedures implementing section 2204 of title 44 of the United States Code with respect to constitutionally based privileges, including those that apply to Presidential records reflecting military, diplomatic, or national security secrets, Presidential communications, legal advice, legal work, or the deliberative processes of the President and the President's advisors, and to do so in a manner consistent with the Supreme Court's decisions in Nixon v. Administrator of General Services, 433 U.S. 425 (1977), and other cases..." - White House (11/01/01), FAS (11/01/01)
    Hmmmmmm ....... don't sound like a joke to me.

I have no idea what that quote is saying.

I don't disagree that Bush has taken steps to gain more control over our government and our country. That is clear. But all I'm saying is that specific comment that he made about dictatorship was also clearly a joke. He wouldn't say something that stupid in public if he wanted it taken literally. But then again he did say he is "the president of war" so... maybe I'm wrong. Whatever. In the end I think we have the same opinion of him...
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.