Options

Dennis Miller to join Fox News this fall

normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train

1 hour, 34 minutes ago

Dennis Miller is hardly shy about expressing his conservative political views.

The 52-year-old comedian, who has voiced his support for President Bush and the U.S. invasion of Iraq, will talk politics as a contributor on Fox News' "Hannity & Colmes," network spokeswoman Dana Klinghoffer told The Associated Press on Tuesday. Miller starts Sept. 13.

He will also provide commentary on the Fox News Web site, Klinghoffer said.

In 2003, Miller was a regular guest on "Hannity & Colmes," hosted by Sean Hannity and Alan Colmes. He also had his own short-lived CNBC political talk show, "Dennis Miller."

Three years ago, he was talked about as a possible Republican senatorial candidate in California.

Miller, who delivered a fake newscast on NBC's "Saturday Night Live," also spent two seasons on the announcing team of ABC's "NFL Monday Night Football."

His HBO talk show, "Dennis Miller Live," aired from 1994-2002.
Talk about jumping the shark.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    cutback wrote:

1 hour, 34 minutes ago

Dennis Miller is hardly shy about expressing his conservative political views.

The 52-year-old comedian, who has voiced his support for President Bush and the U.S. invasion of Iraq, will talk politics as a contributor on Fox News' "Hannity & Colmes," network spokeswoman Dana Klinghoffer told The Associated Press on Tuesday. Miller starts Sept. 13.

He will also provide commentary on the Fox News Web site, Klinghoffer said.

In 2003, Miller was a regular guest on "Hannity & Colmes," hosted by Sean Hannity and Alan Colmes. He also had his own short-lived CNBC political talk show, "Dennis Miller."

Three years ago, he was talked about as a possible Republican senatorial candidate in California.

Miller, who delivered a fake newscast on NBC's "Saturday Night Live," also spent two seasons on the announcing team of ABC's "NFL Monday Night Football."

His HBO talk show, "Dennis Miller Live," aired from 1994-2002.
    Talk about jumping the shark.

Excellent. Dennis Miller is the man. The only time he "jumped the shark" was when he was on Monday Night Football - that wasn't a good fit for him.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Excellent. Dennis Miller is the man. The only time he "jumped the shark" was when he was on Monday Night Football - that wasn't a good fit for him.

I think you might want to look up what "Jumped the Shark" means.
    "Mike McCready, he isn't from Chicago but I imagine he's Irish"

- Eddie Vedder- 6/18/03

• Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,073
    Lisa Simpson: Only 1 in a million people would find that funny.
    Prof. Frink: Yes. We call that the "Dennis Miller Factor."
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    Uncle Leo wrote:
    Lisa Simpson: Only 1 in a million people would find that funny.
    Prof. Frink: Yes. We call that the "Dennis Miller Factor."
    haha...I was gonna say, they must not want anyone watching.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    I liked Dennis pre 911, after that he clompletely lost me. what an idiot. im glad to see that he cant get a show for himself. his act just doesnt work as a neo conn.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I was under the impression that celebrities weren't allowed to express any political opinions.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    um, no, just the america-hatin' liberals.

and dennis miller? YAWN. that's guy's shit is sooooo tired. faux can have him.
    Okay... thanx for clearing that up... I was a bit confused, there.
    And Dennis Miller... he brings a sense of credability to FOX News... you know... he used to anchor S.N.L.'s 'Weekend Update'.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    I liked Dennis pre 911, after that he clompletely lost me. what an idiot. im glad to see that he cant get a show for himself. his act just doesnt work as a neo conn.
    That's what I'm saying. I was a big a fan of his as anybody, but now it's not funny, just angry. And it's not his politics that makes him unfunny, I just don't think he can be a funny conservative. And now he joins the dark side - fucks news?!?
  • Options
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jump+the+shark

Remember when Miller use to be a "lil" funny?
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Okay... thanx for clearing that up... I was a bit confused, there.
    And Dennis Miller... he brings a sense of credability to FOX News... you know... he used to anchor S.N.L.'s 'Weekend Update'.

Which to me is as credible as anything from Fox news....
  • Options
    Which to me is as credible as anything from Fox news....
    I'm thinking... 'Weekend Update' is more credible than FOX News because 'Weekend Update' knows they aren't really news... and FOX News still believes they are.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I'm thinking... 'Weekend Update' is more credible than FOX News because 'Weekend Update' knows they aren't really news... and FOX News still believes they are.

Good point....that should be applied to the viewership as well....
  • Options
    I have to thank fox for giving me yet another reason to watch.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

lol :)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    Cool. I like Dennis Miller, I think he's really funny. Good guy. Also, for all of you haters who seem to think he's some sort of neo-con frontman / hardcore right winger that belongs at "Faux" News…Dennis Miller is widely known to be pro-choice to this very day, and at one point in time, even considered himself to be a Democrat. You might also wanna check out his stance on homosexuality, religion and guns too.

He's no Bill Hicks (and who is?)…but he's not exactly Jerry Falwell either.
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Cool. I like Dennis Miller, I think he's really funny. Good guy. Also, for all of you haters who seem to think he's some sort of neo-con frontman / hardcore right winger that belongs at "Faux" News…Dennis Miller is widely known to be pro-choice to this very day, and at one point in time, even considered himself to be a Democrat. You might also wanna check out his stance on homosexuality, religion and guns too.

He's no Bill Hicks (and who is?)…but he's not exactly Jerry Falwell either.
    I like Dennis Miller... I think he is very funny (at times). And I am one of the two people that liked him doing Monday Night Football... it was the football fan whose heads his jokes flew right over that hated him.
    It's FOX News that's a joke. It's actually, FOX Op-Ed, it's not News (as in journalism) it is simply opinion on current events that is presented to appear to be from a television news anchor desk.
    FOX is GREAT with entertainment... that's what they do best... The Simpsons, Arrested Development, The Family Guy, NFL... their "News" fits the rest of their product.. it is entertainment, not information.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I like Dennis Miller... I think he is very funny (at times). And I am one of the two people that liked him doing Monday Night Football... it was the football fan whose heads his jokes flew right over that hated him.
    It's FOX News that's a joke. It's actually, FOX Op-Ed, it's not News (as in journalism) it is simply opinion on current events that is presented to appear to be from a television news anchor desk.
    FOX is GREAT with entertainment... that's what they do best... The Simpsons, Arrested Development, The Family Guy, NFL... their "News" fits the rest of their product.. it is entertainment, not information.

Two opinions here:

1. I was the other guy who liked Dennis Miller on Monday Night Football. Not as much as you maybe, but I liked him.

2. ALL of the news stations are freaking entertainment. I don't trust any of it very much.
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Two opinions here:

1. I was the other guy who liked Dennis Miller on Monday Night Football. Not as much as you maybe, but I liked him.

2. ALL of the news stations are freaking entertainment. I don't trust any of it very much.
    Correct. Ratings matter.
    Although you have to agree that FOX's tactic was quite ingeniuous... they put their op-ed broadcasts up against the other station's news formats and beat them... quite soundly. That caused the others to move towards the FOX model, in order to compete. That's why that dude to the bow-tie and Hardball and all of those op-ed shows dominate the cablecasts... ratings. Ratings equals dollars and dollars are what we worship.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Correct. Ratings matter.
    Although you have to agree that FOX's tactic was quite ingeniuous... they put their op-ed broadcasts up against the other station's news formats and beat them... quite soundly. That caused the others to move towards the FOX model, in order to compete. That's why that dude to the bow-tie and Hardball and all of those op-ed shows dominate the cablecasts... ratings. Ratings equals dollars and dollars are what we worship.

I can agree with that. Well said.
    Low Traffic CIO MIW