Options

Hurricane Ernesto and it's path!

BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
To all of us in Florida, it looks like Ernesto might be paying us a visit. I know we go through this year after year, so stay safe to all my fellow Floridians.

It's almost 4 a.m. and now I find myself staring at the TV screen watching this storm.

Keep us all posted!
Where is Lowlight?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Is it really called Ernesto?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Good luck Floridians! Hope its not a bad one and that you have time enough to prepare for it.

If you can, get your people and pets out safe, and bury all your pearl jam stuff in an airtight rustproof lockable heavy box deep under the ground so you don't lose it! I'm serious!

Stay safe!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    It looks like you might have a spot of bad weather. Do you know what the projected strength is?

Strong, weak, wet, or just windy, I wish you the best of luck. Stay safe, and if looks bad and you need to evacuate, make sure to take the personal and irreplacible things with you - pictures, heirlooms, etc. Most things you can buy again if you have to. But, from talking to people down here, its those personal belongings they regret losing the most.

But, you live in Florida. You don't need me to tell you this - you know the drill. Best of luck, and here's to hoping the storm will blow itself out before long.
  • Options
    BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    RainDog wrote:
    It looks like you might have a spot of bad weather. Do you know what the projected strength is?

Strong, weak, wet, or just windy, I wish you the best of luck. Stay safe, and if looks bad and you need to evacuate, make sure to take the personal and irreplacible things with you - pictures, heirlooms, etc. Most things you can buy again if you have to. But, from talking to people down here, its those personal belongings they regret losing the most.

But, you live in Florida. You don't need me to tell you this - you know the drill. Best of luck, and here's to hoping the storm will blow itself out before long.

My friend in New Orleans, how I still ache when I see pictures of New Orleans. A year later and I still ache for everyone there. To be honest, I would rather see this hurricane hit Florida instead of New Orleans...Jeb bush, I am sure would get help a lot quicker than the residents of N.O.
    Where is Lowlight?