Options

Charlotte 2000 Improv

Nakedeye66Nakedeye66 Posts: 94
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Sorry to change the subject to Pearl Jam's music, but the divisiveness of these heated political discussions drag me down a bit. I need to remind myself that there is a unifying factor bringing all of us here. It isn't politics. If that were the case, we'd be blogging at the Daily Kos or National Review (depending on your slant).We're HERE because our common ground is the band/music we love. So I take a moment to inject that perspective by recalling part of Ed's 200 improv in Charlotte ...

There are those in front and those in back
There are those on the right hand side
Those on my left
those on your left
AND IT DOESN'T MATTER HERE TONIGHT!

Let's try not to lose sight of that. If we're at a PJ show we're all rocking out TOGETHER, and not dividing ourselves along political, national, ethnic, religious, or racial lines.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    up two streets and take a right....there you'll find the Porch....

:)
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    I don't know ... I feel better about the Train right now. I blew off some steam the other day (sorry, El Kabong!), that got resolved, and now I am back on track. I am finding common ground with posters who were once my "dire enemies" (and I mean that latter term playfully). Props to fellow Canadian Rockin'InCanada for his combination of good thoughts and open-mindedness, and to Fivex247 for making me laugh a few times.
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    I don't know ... I feel better about the Train right now. I blew off some steam the other day (sorry, El Kabong!), that got resolved, and now I am back on track. I am finding common ground with posters who were once my "dire enemies" (and I mean that latter term playfully). Props to fellow Canadian Rockin'InCanada for his combination of good thoughts and open-mindedness, and to Fivex247 for making me laugh a few times.

I can say the say to you as well...remember back last year I was positve you were an American....
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    I can say the say to you as well...remember back last year I was positve you were an American....

he is if he doesn't take offense to that ... :p
  • Options

Hey, I too had a pretty good exchange privately with a poster who I was convinced would not entertain any dialogue with me. And yes, I will likely go "up one street and take a right" to Given To Fly ... since I do prefer the chumminess of pure musical debate.

If fans are blowing off steam but can then let it go, then you are a step ahead of me. thats usually easier to do over a beer than behind a keyboard, but a good thing nonetheless. I was just listening to that Charlotte show this a.m. and it struck a chord.

Peace ... and keep screaming your lungs out and filling the room to your hearts' desire!
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    he is if he doesn't take offense to that ... :p

It might shock you to hear it, but I am really glad to be an Albert ... I mean, a Canadian these days!
    ;)
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    It might shock you to hear it, but I am really glad to be an Albert ... I mean, a Canadian these days!
    ;)

its time to shed conservative blue and vote for anyone else! ... harper is a neo-con ... it's as clear as day now ...
  • Options
    GarnerGarner Posts: 182
    great improv....wide
    Barry Bonds is innocent
  • Options
    Thanks Garner.

Can't we get a little more love here for actually trying to tie in all this red-hot debate to the namesake of the message board? Or can't one type of food on our plate touch other food?
  • Options
    grungeheadgrungehead Posts: 35
    i dont want to change topics but does anyone else think the chords to that improv are somewhat similar to life wasted?
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    its time to shed conservative blue and vote for anyone else! ... harper is a neo-con ... it's as clear as day now ...

And its clear to me that you're still a fearmonger ... Seriously dude, relax. The whole point was this thread was to focus on commonalities.
  • Options
    THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    I like the line... (They're just two men wearing the same hat). I was at that show. Good times.
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    grungehead wrote:
    i dont want to change topics but does anyone else think the chords to that improv are somewhat similar to life wasted?

They are similar, but not as similar as Life Wasted is to The Who's "The Punk Meets the Godfather". The slow section of Life Wasted and the way the band comes out of it is eerily similar to that Who song.