Options

and if hope could grow from dirt like me.....

Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
As I read the news these days, I'm finding more and more that the world is fed up with the United States. Obviously we've created many enemies with our recent "dubya gone wild" version of foreign policy, but something hit me just now. I read how even these "democracies" we're imposing on other nations aren't always supportive of the United States. Specifically, the democratically elected leaders of Iraq have condemned Israel and the U.S. support of Israel in this latest mideast outburst of violence. One leader of a key parlimentary bloc condemned, "the ominous trio of the United States, Israel and Britain, which is terrorizing Iraq, Lebanon, Afghanistan and other occupied nations."

I guess my personal breakthrough here, and the point to this post is that I realize that the world is probably a much better place overall. I'm just here, in the U.S., living amongst all the "lies and bullshit and bullshit and lies" (I <3 The Moldy Peaches). I do see the U.S. as a terrorist state and with growing opposition, it gives me hope that it will someday change for the better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    As I read the news these days, I'm finding more and more that the world is fed up with the United States. Obviously we've created many enemies with our recent "dubya gone wild" version of foreign policy, but something hit me just now. I read how even these "democracies" we're imposing on other nations aren't always supportive of the United States. Specifically, the democratically elected leaders of Iraq have condemned Israel and the U.S. support of Israel in this latest mideast outburst of violence. One leader of a key parlimentary bloc condemned, "the ominous trio of the United States, Israel and Britain, which is terrorizing Iraq, Lebanon, Afghanistan and other occupied nations."

I guess my personal breakthrough here, and the point to this post is that I realize that the world is probably a much better place overall. I'm just here, in the U.S., living amongst all the "lies and bullshit and bullshit and lies" (I <3 The Moldy Peaches). I do see the U.S. as a terrorist state and with growing opposition, it gives me hope that it will someday change for the better.

Have some hope...your country was not always hated....faulty leadership has directed the ship there...hopefully your citizens will remdy this in the future....I still have hope that America will get its act together and become a positive world leader once again....well at the very least I hope so....I'm close to you guys and the more you piss people off the more worried I will see after-effects of it.....

Also a hint....ask more questions...just because the governement says it the truth does not mean it really is....
  • Options
    PickrPickr Posts: 161
    A few bad apples can really spoil the barrel...Having just been to the States, I love it there, the majority of people I met were amazing, intelligent, and compassionate people who truly care about thier country, granted I was at a Pearl Jam show, but even in stores..the hotel I was at..Everyone was awesome...The only idiots I seem to see from America are some that post on here that hide behind false monikers and have nothing better to say than our country is the best, yours is shit and your music sucks...you can't judge the whole country by the leadership, and I think the good people of America have learned they were decieved when they voted Bush in again....

"fool me once, shame on me, fool me again....uh, won't get fooled again!"
    Stix and Stones may break my bones, but More than Words will never hurt me.
  • Options
    Pickr wrote:
    A few bad apples can really spoil the barrel...Having just been to the States, I love it there, the majority of people I met were amazing, intelligent, and compassionate people who truly care about thier country, granted I was at a Pearl Jam show, but even in stores..the hotel I was at..Everyone was awesome...The only idiots I seem to see from America are some that post on here that hide behind false monikers and have nothing better to say than our country is the best, yours is shit and your music sucks...you can't judge the whole country by the leadership, and I think the good people of America have learned they were decieved when they voted Bush in again....

"fool me once, shame on me, fool me again....uh, won't get fooled again!"

They should have learned the first time....now they are paying the price.....
  • Options
    PickrPickr Posts: 161
    They should have learned the first time....now they are paying the price.....

I don't think it is hard to understand that a country scared is a country easily swayed...History has shown this before ie. Nazi regime....
    Stix and Stones may break my bones, but More than Words will never hurt me.
  • Options
    Pickr wrote:
    I don't think it is hard to understand that a country scared is a country easily swayed...History has shown this before ie. Nazi regime....

Fear should never compromise intelligence, if it does there is a lack of intelligence present.....and history most definetly repeats....
  • Options
    Fear should never compromise intelligence, if it does there is a lack of intelligence present.....and history most definetly repeats....
    We've been conditioned to respond emotionally rather than intelligently. Clearly no intelligent human would have voted Bush back into office unless he or she were clouded by the emotions we're being told to feel, mainly fear.
  • Options
    We've been conditioned to respond emotionally rather than intelligently. Clearly no intelligent human would have voted Bush back into office unless he or she were clouded by the emotions we're being told to feel, mainly fear.

Well the intelligence of a populace can most definetly be compromised...a highly intelligent person can bow down to fear.

Bush in 04 ran a fear campaign to the tee....and Kerry being an imbecile failed to take a hard stand...if they are going to play rough with you, it is a neccesity to play rough with them..the "left" needs a hard nosed in your face leader one who doesn't bow to the fear mongering of the present admin. One that will ask the tough questions and actually hold the government accountable for their lies.....that time will come....also one who has the balls to pull the plug on Iraq....
  • Options
    Well the intelligence of a populace can most definetly be compromised...a highly intelligent person can bow down to fear.

Bush in 04 ran a fear campaign to the tee....and Kerry being an imbecile failed to take a hard stand...if they are going to play rough with you, it is a neccesity to play rough with them..the "left" needs a hard nosed in your face leader one who doesn't bow to the fear mongering of the present admin. One that will ask the tough questions and actually hold the government accountable for their lies.....that time will come....also one who has the balls to pull the plug on Iraq....
    I sure hope you're right....I think you are, which is why I started this thread....I'm becoming more hopeful as the world is starting to see the U.S. for what it is.