Options

Williams interview with Bush

NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
Just saw some snippets of the Williams/Bush interview on MSNBC... and what I saw wasn't awful. I still wonder, when I see this man communicate things so innarticulately, how he was ever judged as the best option to lead this country...

But the one thing that struck me so strongly - when asked about the sacrifices that American's are making post 9/11 - he mentions high taxes, he mentions disrupted air travel and a few other relatively-lesser concerns - and never mentions the sacrifice that American men and women have made with their lives fighting this country's battles.

I will say this - I saw an edited clip - so maybe it wasn't included and maybe more was said that I did not see...

BUT - if it was the entire answer to that question - that alone substantiates for me my belief that this man doesn't care about the human toll as much as he does about polling issues (taxes, homeland security, etc.).

In talking about sacrifices post 9/11, he shouldn't even have had to think twice - the greatest sacrifice is the sacrifice of life. And how does someone become commander-in-chief if he can't recognize this basic fact...

I don't like it...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Its the same reason he didn't want to go to the Air Force base where the dead soldiers were coming home. B/c he knows that when you start putting an immediate, intimate, human face to the farce of Iraq that the wheels will come off and the American people will freak out. No, its much better to seem callous, and keep the real issues out of the discourse.
  • Options
    worldworld Posts: 266
    Bush is a complete idiot. The only reason why his is there is because Kerry made himself look like more of an idiot then Bush.

I dont blame Bush, I blame Kerry for acting like a retard and losing an easy election again a buffoon.
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09