Options

INternational AIDS conference in TO

Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
I briefly looked for a thread already talking about this, didnt see one. Any thoughts and comments on the conference? I think its a good thing.
>>>>
>
...a lover and a fighter.
"I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I briefly looked for a thread already talking about this, didnt see one. Any thoughts and comments on the conference? I think its a good thing.

Yeah its a great thing overall...too bad Mr. Harper decided not to attend...but I wont harp on that...good to see some donations and everything....such a great cause....
  • Options
    Yeah its a great thing overall...too bad Mr. Harper decided not to attend...but I wont harp on that...good to see some donations and everything....such a great cause....

I think he's worried about someone mentioning his experimental days at the U of C.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    I think he's worried about someone mentioning his experimental days at the U of C.

lol....I personally believe that Steve was a boring college student...just a hunch though....doesn't come off as the wild partying type...however he was a staunch Liberal when he was younger....funny as that may seem....
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Seems like a good idea. Rather redundant at this point though. Until they are on the right track in their research those billions are just being burned away in a big corporate scandal.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    well Im not exactly sure where the billions are going, I hope they are going towards research (and they likely are) and development but who really knows? The conference is said to be the biggest ever so I think it will benefit the long term fight against AIDS.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    well Im not exactly sure where the billions are going, I hope they are going towards research (and they likely are) and development but who really knows? The conference is said to be the biggest ever so I think it will benefit the long term fight against AIDS.

Yea, programs like HAART which harm the immune system. Well AIDS is a harmed immune system. Programs like HAART apparently slow down the effect of AIDS, however is highly toxic.

They say that HIV a retrovirus causes AIDS, meanwhile we have lived with retroviruses for centuries, and HIV isn't the only one. Also, if it's a virus that causes AIDS than a healthy immune system should be able to suppress the virus, especially a retrovirus, and they should also be able to make a vaccine for it. Billions are going into pharamceutical corporations and the pocket of Dr. Gallo at the CDC.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    I think it would have been something to see the double bills on the same stage, I watched a bit of their talk on the news. Interesting talking about a bold new direction for battling AIDS...People are saying together or apart they have the potential to influence aids research more than the U.N.
    Clinton: I think it's silly for people to be cynical when they ought to be helpful.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    the stat i read on the news that 90% of people in africa who have HIV/AIDS does not know it ... that is tragic beyond belief ...