Options

Car crashes when woman lets dog take wheel

SuzannePjamSuzannePjam Posts: 411
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
This was just too funny not to post. :D

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14558651/

Guilty of DWC — driving while canine
Who could have expected it? Car crashes when woman lets dog take wheel

BEIJING - You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

A woman in Hohhot, the capital of north China's Inner Mongolia region, crashed her car while giving her dog a driving lesson, the official Xinhua News Agency said Monday.
No injuries were reported, although the vehicles involved were slightly damaged, it said.
The woman, identified only be her surname, Li, said her dog "was fond of crouching on the steering wheel and often watched her drive," according to Xinhua.
"She thought she would let the dog 'have a try' while she operated the accelerator and brake," the report said. "They did not make it far before crashing into an oncoming car."
Xinhua did not say what kind of dog or vehicles were involved, but Li paid for repairs.
"Where there is sacrifice there is someone collecting the sacrificial offerings."-- Ayn Rand

"Some of my friends sit around every evening and they worry about the times ahead,
But everybody else is overwhelmed by indifference and the promise of an early bed..."-- Elvis Costello
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    Wow.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    At least I put special blocks on the gas and brake peddles so my dog's paws could reach them when I tried to teach em to drive.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    my cat is one heck of a driver
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    At least I put special blocks on the gas and brake peddles so my dog's paws could reach them when I tried to teach em to drive.

LOL! Good idea!

If only she had give the dog a map he would have known to stay out of the other lane. Some people are so stupid.
    "Where there is sacrifice there is someone collecting the sacrificial offerings."-- Ayn Rand

"Some of my friends sit around every evening and they worry about the times ahead,
    But everybody else is overwhelmed by indifference and the promise of an early bed..."-- Elvis Costello
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    Maybe the dog needs glasses? yeah that's it! why else would it drive right into oncoming traffic? It did'nt see the car!
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    m0jorisen wrote:
    my cat is one heck of a driver
    Toonces!!!!
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    I don't let my dog drive if he's been drinking.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    It probably happend because the dog was on it's cell phone. My pup has a pawsfree bluetooth.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    It probably happend because the dog was on it's cell phone.

that was really funny dude,
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    i wonder if a dog is qualified to park in handicapped zones??
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    i wonder if a dog is qualified to park in handicapped zones??

well only if it has a handicap, duh!
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    don't drive angry.......
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    FYI:
    talking on a cell phone while driving is as dangerous as driving drunk, even if the phone is a hands-free model.

http://www.iii.org/media/hottopics/insurance/cellphones/
    Researches found no significant difference to response time whether a hand-held or hands-free phone was being used.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/08/16/cell.phone.driving/index.html
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    He was probably doing okay until that damn cat ran across the street.......
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.