Accessory nipples ...........

lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
edited April 2007 in A Moving Train
Was just doing some work and I met another accessory nipple. Some people have up to three of these, making five in total if you count the two that are in the standard design spec.
So, not sure if this has come up before, but back to the old creation vs evolution thread, I'm pretty sure that accessory niples are a good arguement toward the evolution side of things, vs creation .
I know in the Middle Ages, an accessory nipple was referred to as a "witches teat', and was used by withchfinders as an excuse to get girls clothes off before burning them at the stake. I wonder if the reason they hated them so much was that even then it was evidence that man was derived from animals ??
Too much for their paltry egos to stand !!
Music is not a competetion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    Pardon my ignorance, but the hell is an accessory nipple?
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • With a good imagination the possibilities are virtually endless.

How is a nipplectomy going for these days?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    With a good imagination the possibilities are virtually endless.

How is a nipplectomy going for these days?
    So am i understanding correctly? An accessory nipple is simply a superfluous nipple? i hardly see that as solid proof of evolution as the origin of the species.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    cornnifer wrote:
    So am i understanding correctly? An accessory nipple is simply a superfluous nipple? i hardly see that as solid proof of evolution as the origin of the species.

Accessory nipples occur along the mammary line. This is a line of embrylogical tissue that runs along the abdomen up to the chest. Depending on your species, a varing number of nipples and mammary glands will form along this line during embryological development.
    Dogs, pigs etc have between 8 and 12 teats. The number which occurs is a reflection of how many offspring there are to feed at any one time.
    Humans are meant to have two, the ones you are familiar with but often a third one develops. Ross from Friends had one. Ocasionally you will see more. I have seen three extras on one person, could feed a litter of five !! The development is usually rudimentary with no mammary gland underlying.
    The occurrence of accessory nipples strongly supports the idea that we are derived from species that routinely had more than two nipples.
  • PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    mother nature is a mad scientist.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Daughter of JeremyDaughter of Jeremy Up here in my tree Posts: 181
    Accessory nipples occur along the mammary line. This is a line of embrylogical tissue that runs along the abdomen up to the chest. Depending on your species, a varing number of nipples and mammary glands will form along this line during embryological development.
    Dogs, pigs etc have between 8 and 12 teats. The number which occurs is a reflection of how many offspring there are to feed at any one time.
    Humans are meant to have two, the ones you are familiar with but often a third one develops. Ross from Friends had one. Ocasionally you will see more. I have seen three extras on one person, could feed a litter of five !! The development is usually rudimentary with no mammary gland underlying.
    The occurrence of accessory nipples strongly supports the idea that we are derived from species that routinely had more than two nipples.

Sorry but I have to correct you. It was Chandler who had the 'nubbin', as he referred to it. Ross had the strange 'thing' on his butt cheek that came off whne it got suck on the weird dude's watchband.
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
    2014 Brisbane January 19 BDO
    *DISCLAIMER* I suck at typing, sorry for the illegibility of posts
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i'm sorry but more than two nipples on a human is just plain weird. evolution or not.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    i'm sorry but more than two nipples on a human is just plain weird. evolution or not.

way to be accepting of other people's quirks. good thing we don't all wander around with our nipples on show!!!!!
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
    Sorry but I have to correct you. It was Chandler who had the 'nubbin', as he referred to it. Ross had the strange 'thing' on his butt cheek that came off whne it got suck on the weird dude's watchband.

That's cool, it's been a long time, and I was a sporadic Friend's watcher at best, don't mind being corrected.
    was that the weird dude who was always naked in his apartment ??
    That's cool, it's been a long time, and I was a sporadic Friend's watcher at best, don't mind being corrected.
    was that the weird dude who was always naked in his apartment ??

no, that's 'ugly naked guy', whose apartment Ross ended up moving into. The weird guy was a friend of Phoebe's who was some kind of alternative medicien practitioner. I was never an avid freinds watcher, but Austar (my cable people) currently show 5 episodes in a row on Sunday mornings. I do the ironing while watching it! I really like the show now, trust me to be a few years behind the trend!!!
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
    no, that's 'ugly naked guy', whose apartment Ross ended up moving into. The weird guy was a friend of Phoebe's who was some kind of alternative medicien practitioner. I was never an avid freinds watcher, but Austar (my cable people) currently show 5 episodes in a row on Sunday mornings. I do the ironing while watching it! I really like the show now, trust me to be a few years behind the trend!!!

Yeah, I ended up watching a lot in the end, found it pretty funny at times. I have Austar too, but I don't watch on Sunday, too many outside things to do. Hey, I was at the concert in your sig, wasn't it a blinder, definitely the best I caught out of the three on that tour ?? I remember ugly naked guy, but not the weird guy, oh well !!
    And you type like I do, must be a counrtry Qld thing ! LOL !!

I still think the witch's teat disproves the existence of God !!
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    Was just doing some work and I met another accessory nipple. Some people have up to three of these, making five in total if you count the two that are in the standard design spec.
    So, not sure if this has come up before, but back to the old creation vs evolution thread, I'm pretty sure that accessory niples are a good arguement toward the evolution side of things, vs creation .
    I know in the Middle Ages, an accessory nipple was referred to as a "witches teat', and was used by withchfinders as an excuse to get girls clothes off before burning them at the stake. I wonder if the reason they hated them so much was that even then it was evidence that man was derived from animals ??
    Too much for their paltry egos to stand !!

alls an accessory nipple proves is that mutations occur that doesn't prove or disprove creation or evolution.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • truroutetruroute Posts: 251
    http://dermatology.cdlib.org/124/case_presentations/pseudomamma/conde.html

Here ya go, nipple of foot.

And correct me if wrong, but werent the witch hunts a few centuries before Darwin took a trip to the Galapagos?
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    truroute wrote:

Oh that's just wrong on so many levels. :eek: :D:D:D
  • NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    Are these extra nipples sensitive to ....um....shall we we say.......stimulation?
  • NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    cutback wrote:
    Oh that's just wrong on so many levels. :eek: :D:D:D

But imagine what a treat for those who may have a daring combo fetish for feet and breasts.
    truroute wrote:
    http://dermatology.cdlib.org/124/case_presentations/pseudomamma/conde.html

Here ya go, nipple of foot.

And correct me if wrong, but werent the witch hunts a few centuries before Darwin took a trip to the Galapagos?

Has nothing to do with it, but Salem Witch trials in Massachusets were 1692, probably the last in the western world. 18 hanged, one old man "pressed to death with heavy stones" for refusing to submit to trial, hundreds imprisoned and terrorised.......................great times !!!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    way to be accepting of other people's quirks. good thing we don't all wander around with our nipples on show!!!!!

just cause i said superfluous nipples are weird doesn't mean i'm not accepting.

sheesh :rolleyes:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    so are siamese twins accessory people????

individuals born with an extra finger???

i only have one nipple.

if it is about evolution, then where do these "accessories" fit in?
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
    Yeah, I ended up watching a lot in the end, found it pretty funny at times. I have Austar too, but I don't watch on Sunday, too many outside things to do. Hey, I was at the concert in your sig, wasn't it a blinder, definitely the best I caught out of the three on that tour ?? I remember ugly naked guy, but not the weird guy, oh well !!
    And you type like I do, must be a counrtry Qld thing ! LOL !!

Well I only saw that one concert so yep, it was an absolute blinder. My sister and I had 12th row seats, which we were stoked about given we'd only been in ten club for a month before the tour announcement!!!! I'm not sure that gold coast boondocks, is really quite the same as Warwick, boondocks wise, you're a hell of a lot closer to a starbucks than I am!!! That's pretty much my yard stick, sad but true!!!
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
    ajedigecko wrote:
    so are siamese twins accessory people????

individuals born with an extra finger???

i only have one nipple.

if it is about evolution, then where do these "accessories" fit in?

Suamese twins are an interesting but entirely different phenomenon. Haven't seen too many people with extra fingers, but I suppose they occur occasionally.
    The point of extra nipples, is that they are not really an abnormality in the way those other things are. They aare totally normal in precedent species in our evolutionary tree, and common to all mammalian development schemes. If you have only one, maybe you are the next step in evolution where we will only have one , or no babies, so no nipples are necessary. Or where people just date on the net, so again, not really much point in having them.
    Well I only saw that one concert so yep, it was an absolute blinder. My sister and I had 12th row seats, which we were stoked about given we'd only been in ten club for a month before the tour announcement!!!! I'm not sure that gold coast boondocks, is really quite the same as Warwick, boondocks wise, you're a hell of a lot closer to a starbucks than I am!!! That's pretty much my yard stick, sad but true!!!

Nah, it's a not really that bad, but I have lived in country Qld all my life, born in St George, west of Cunnamulla, lived in Goondiwindi at one stage, Mt Isa, GYmpie, grew up mosty in Bundaberg, so Starbucks proximity is pretty new. Have you been to Vancouver ?? There is one intersection with a Starbucks on each corner, and weather to justify getting a hot chocolate at every one. Nothing like Strabucks in the snow , yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!!!!
    Warwick ain't that far from here if I went through Kyogle !!
    Born in St George, yeah you qualify for Boonies status alright!!! I was born in Dubbo (we didn't live there tho, we had a property a few hours away) so I qualify too. Haven't been to Vancouver, I think the weather here justifies hot chocolate, that should be my petition for a starbucks!!
    Don't gorillas and monkeys and other simians only have 2 nipples too? Does this mean that they may have evolved nipple wise too? Did you know that 98% of people who have a 3rd nipple are men? I wonder what this means for your theory ;o)
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
    Born in St George, yeah you qualify for Boonies status alright!!! I was born in Dubbo (we didn't live there tho, we had a property a few hours away) so I qualify too. Haven't been to Vancouver, I think the weather here justifies hot chocolate, that should be my petition for a starbucks!!
    Don't gorillas and monkeys and other simians only have 2 nipples too? Does this mean that they may have evolved nipple wise too? Did you know that 98% of people who have a 3rd nipple are men? I wonder what this means for your theory ;o)

I'm not sure about other simians, but it makes sense that they have evolved nearly as much as us. If you raise a human in isolation without other humans to activate and fill the brain, you pretty much just get a monkey with only one set of opposable digits. I'm thinking they only tend to have one baby at a time, so two boobs is all they need, so it all fits.
    I didn't know that about men having most of them. I guess that means women are more highly evolved. I'll check my brow ridge and get back to you..........

.............................yep, looks like you are right, wimmin is more evolved than mens.

I'll sign that Starbucks petition for you. I've not spent much time in Warwick, but I nearly froze to death at Cambooya once, and I'm heading to Toowoomba in acoulple of weeks to visit a muso mate, so hot choccy out that way sounds grouse. The only one I know of is in Brisbane, one in Albert ST , one in the new DJ mall on the Ann St side. Not sure if we have one here at the Goldie.
    Pac Fair has a starbucks, well it did on boxing day anyway surely it hasn't shut down?!!!!
    Don't the extra nipples come about because the fetus doesn't lose them all? As it evolves we lose our tail, gills, and all the extra nipples except for the two most people have, and in some circumstances extra nipples stay?
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
  • ScubascottScubascott Posts: 815

Heh, good luck selling that one. That concert was bloody awesome, except for the knobs behind me that kept complaining about me standing up. Wankers. . .
    It doesn't matter if you're male, female, or confused; black, white, brown, red, green, yellow; gay, lesbian; redneck cop, stoned; ugly; military style, doggy style; fat, rich or poor; vegetarian or cannibal; bum, hippie, virgin; famous or drunk-you're either an asshole or you're not!

-C Addison
  • ScubascottScubascott Posts: 815

I'm from Dubbo! Not born there, but we have a property about 30ks north.
    It doesn't matter if you're male, female, or confused; black, white, brown, red, green, yellow; gay, lesbian; redneck cop, stoned; ugly; military style, doggy style; fat, rich or poor; vegetarian or cannibal; bum, hippie, virgin; famous or drunk-you're either an asshole or you're not!

-C Addison
  • Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    Scubascott wrote:
    I'm from Dubbo! Not born there, but we have a property about 30ks north.
    Well there you go! My dad is on a property just outside of Tomingley, small world!
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
    Pac Fair has a starbucks, well it did on boxing day anyway surely it hasn't shut down?!!!!
    Don't the extra nipples come about because the fetus doesn't lose them all? As it evolves we lose our tail, gills, and all the extra nipples except for the two most people have, and in some circumstances extra nipples stay?

Yeah, I just remembered that there is one at Stockland at BUrleigh as well. I'll be checking that out in winter. My wifelet has just got a work experience job at a store belonging to a fried there, so I'll be joining her for lunch at Starbucks.