Options

Bad day Where I Work: NBC News

spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
edited June 2008 in A Moving Train
NBC News is very saddened to report that Tim Russert has passed away suddenly after collapsing at work. Our thoughts are with his family and friends.
I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    Yeah, I just read that, my thoughts & prayers go out as well...
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    What a shock, this is the first I saw of it, how awful, my sympathy to you and your coworkers...
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    the last broadcast journalist with a shred of integrity. very sad. meet the press was one of my favorite shows.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    spearhead wrote:
    NBC News is very saddened to report that Tim Russert has passed away suddenly after collapsing at work. Our thoughts are with his family and friends.

general electric can go to hell.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,946
    i hereby declare June 13 2008 tim russert day on the message pit.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,747
    a fine journalist. one of the few with any integrity
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    macgyver06 wrote:
    general electric can go to hell.

Uncool man. Very uncool. Keep shit like that on the train. Don't post it in a thread honoring a man who just passed away.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,518
    Uncool man. Very uncool. Keep shit like that on the train. Don't post it in a thread honoring a man who just passed away.

I agree.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,518

Hey, off topic, but did you know if your username was Leveddermon and you spelled it backwards, you'd get Nomreddevel, or No More Devil? Crazy.
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 68
    one of the great political minds out there....he will be missed...
  • Options
    are you fucking people serious?

he was just another media whore puppet!!

integrity?

fine journalist?

WOW!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DYz1J3Dcswo&feature=related

Flame Away,i know the truth hurts.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Are you fucking heartless? Tim Russert was adamn fine journalist who asked the tough questions to both sides, and if you tried to sneak through without answering..he would call you out on it.

It is terribly sad, and if you have a problem with the media as a whole start your own fucking thread on it. Don't hijack a thread paying tribute to a man passed to soon. A man with a father, wife, and son who will miss him every day for the rest of their lives---not to mention the millions of lives he touched every week. Tim Russert was a MAN who DIED. While you may not agree with the media, agree with us all as humans that no matter who it is, it is a heartbreaking story.
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    It is sad that he died so young, however, my last memory of him will be his terrible job at moderating one of the Obama-Clinton debates. He seemed like a political hack with a biased agenda against Mrs. Clinton. That was sad to see as well.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Are you fucking heartless? Tim Russert was adamn fine journalist who asked the tough questions to both sides, and if you tried to sneak through without answering..he would call you out on it.

It is terribly sad, and if you have a problem with the media as a whole start your own fucking thread on it. Don't hijack a thread paying tribute to a man passed to soon. A man with a father, wife, and son who will miss him every day for the rest of their lives---not to mention the millions of lives he touched every week. Tim Russert was a MAN who DIED. While you may not agree with the media, agree with us all as humans that no matter who it is, it is a heartbreaking story.

yeah, he may not have pressed as hard as he could have at times, and he could be biased but i've seen him ask ppl like cheney tough questions and not back down after the first denail or bullshit answer.

there's been a lot of hate on myspace, too. what they don't understand is he's on network tv, look how liberal phil donahue's show was and he had higher ratings than hardball yet he got the axe...you can't expect him to have an alex jones type show
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    I always enjoyed Tim Russet, even though I may not always agree with some of the points he made. Any loss to a loved one is worthy of sending loving thoughts for recovery during a time of bereavement.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light