Options

Ahmadinejad Vs Bush (Debate)

MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
Iran's leader calls for TV debate with Bush

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called on U.S. President George W. Bush to participate in a "direct television debate with us," so Iran can voice its point of view on how to end world predicaments.

"But the condition is that there can be no censorship, especially for the American nation," he said Tuesday.

Ahmadinejad blamed "special concessions" granted to the United States and Britain as "the root cause of all the problems in the world."

"At the Security Council, where they have to protect security, they enjoy the veto right. If anybody confronts them, there is no place to take complaints to."

His comments came during a news conference in Tehran, two days before a deadline set by a U.N. Security Council resolution for the Islamic republic to suspend uranium enrichment or face possible sanctions.

Although he did not directly address the U.N. deadline, Ahmadinejad said '"nobody can prevent" Iran from its right to a "peaceful, nuclear program."

"I think the time has passed to speak of the Security Council and the tools they can use to force a country to do certain things," he said.

Ahmadinejad said he would reject any suspension of enrichment, even if requested by U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan during an upcoming visit to Iran. (Full story)

Iran has until Thursday to agree to halt the enrichment program, which Tehran maintains is part of a civilian nuclear program to generate power.

Western nations accuse Iran of seeking to master technology to produce nuclear weapons.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    would love to see that ... two bastards that have no interest in telling the truth ...
  • Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,073
    I did not see that coming.

Honestly I don't think it's a terrible idea. I am usually and advocate of dialogue--not just among people on the same side (i.e. Dems and the GOP are "Americans"), but also those on opposing sides with the potential for conflict.

Whether the dialouge between the two nations should be televised and in debate form, I am skeptical of. But "we don't talk to nations that have ever harbored terrorists" to me is killing dialogue before it starts. And when you can't talk you...shoot.
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    Yeah that'd be a funny debate...

<Iran dude> Mr. Bush, can you please point out my country on this map?

<Bush> :/

<Iran dude> I win!
  • Options
    its scary that you all would advocate negotiating with terrorists, well it would be scary if anybody took your side seriously.
  • Options
    its scary that you all would advocate negotiating with terrorists, well it would be scary if anybody took your side seriously.

Dude, wait a second, which terroist? the one in Iran or the one in America?
  • Options
    Two right wing freaks debating together, would be funny to watch... bring the pop corn. Also funny to read the Iran Pres. talking about "no censorship", a great couples of idiots... they should air that on comedy central, or on the cooking channel.

"bring em on" "no shit George, you're with us or against us" "we'll wipe out your country faster" "our military is stronger" "we have the right to do what we want" " we have invade, destroyed and ruined more countries than you did"
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    terrorists? hahahahaha

tabloid reading western idiots definition of the word terrorist =

Anyone of arabic origin.
    www.myspace.com/rockmastergeneral

To break down borders and realise that we are one species and then the true patriotism comes from pride and love of the human race, not from the tribes of which we currently are divided, open your eyes your mind will see! - ME
  • Options

Iran state is not a terrorist organisation...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Man I would pay to see this. Two complete fools attempting to sell the world their bullshit with nuclear bombs behind their backs.....

Anyhoo...this is kind of funny:

"If anybody confronts them, there is no place to take complaints to".....His comments came during a news conference in Tehran.
  • Options
    terrorists? hahahahaha

tabloid reading western idiots definition of the word terrorist =

Anyone of arabic origin.

Iran is not a an Arab country fella. I am no fan of Dub-ya, but to put him in the same league as the wonderful President of Iran is idiotic and shows ignorance. A terrosist is someone who targets civilians in my book, Ahmadinejad is someone who supports this very idea. Open your minds past Bush is a Nazi rhetoric.. You guys (Ed included) are taking the democratic party down a notch. If we are not careful it will be Jeb in '08.

G-dub will rightly ignore this idiot. So would have Clinton, Gore or Kerry.
  • Options
    Iran is not a an Arab country fella. I am no fan of Dub-ya, but to put him in the same league as the wonderful President of Iran is idiotic and shows ignorance. A terrosist is someone who targets civilians in my book, Ahmadinejad is someone who supports this very idea. Open your minds past Bush is a Nazi rhetoric.. You guys (Ed included) are taking the democratic party down a notch. If we are not careful it will be Jeb in '08.

what do you think the use of deplete uranium is? ... its a targeting of civilians ... what do you think american's foreign policy has been all these years?? ... its just state sanctioned terrorism ...

are you one of those that believe that the US is the most hated country in the world because people hate your freedoms and lifestyle?
  • Options

Yeah, USA are over this stuffs and on top of it all.

For you're own information (and i'm not defending Iran at all, but) current USA govt. have killed more civillians than Iran current govt., go figure...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    ... its just state sanctioned terrorism ...

Then why is there anyone left alive in any foreign nation?
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    what do you think the use of deplete uranium is? ... its a targeting of civilians ... what do you think american's foreign policy has been all these years?? ... its just state sanctioned terrorism ...

are you one of those that believe that the US is the most hated country in the world because people hate your freedoms and lifestyle?

No they hate us due to failed foreign policy...But do not poison the well saying the the USA targets civilians. GW does not have the kind of power you guys thibk he does, we have checks and balances. Do not judge the America with such rhetoric because we have a bozo in the white house.
  • Options
    Yeah, USA are over this stuffs and on top of it all.

For you're own information (and i'm not defending Iran at all, but) current USA govt. have killed more civillians than Iran current govt., go figure...

Ladies and Gentlemen meet our next President, Jeb Bush. Of course you are from Montreal so maybe your viewpoint will not harm American politics.
  • Options
    NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
    Iran state is not a terrorist organisation...

They created Hezbollah, and continue to fund, man and support that organization and it's efforts. How then can that countries leaders not be considered terrorists?
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    They created Hezbollah, and continue to fund, man and support that organization and it's efforts. How then can that countries leaders not be considered terrorists?

let me repeat this in clear words... Iran state, and their government, are not a terrorist organisation.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    No they hate us due to failed foreign policy...But do not poison the well saying the the USA targets civilians. GW does not have the kind of power you guys thibk he does, we have checks and balances. Do not judge the America with such rhetoric because we have a bozo in the white house.

i judge based on historical facts ... what do you think fallujah is? ... what do you think haditha is?? ... we can go back to panama and guatemala and all those other places where commerce drove foreign policy and list the death of the innocent ...

this has nothing to do with Bush as it is about defending the American way of spreading "democracy" ...

if you had checks and balances then there is absolutely no way you would be in iraq right now ...
  • Options
    Ladies and Gentlemen meet our next President, Jeb Bush. Of course you are from Montreal so maybe your viewpoint will not harm American politics.

If you guys elect another Bush, it's you're own problem... hoping it won't become the world's problem, like W...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:

what do you think the cia is or mossad?
  • Options
    Then why is there anyone left alive in any foreign nation?

because they seek only to control policy not to govern ... they don't want to be responsible for another million of people when they can't even take care of their own ... all they want is to have the right conditions for economic exploitation ...
  • Options
    let me repeat this in clear words... Iran state, and their government, are not a terrorist organisation.

????????? Did you not just read my post? Theer GOVERNMENT created Hezbollah!!!!!!!! Who do you think gave Hezbollah their rockets? Who do you think is giving them money to rebuild Lebanon? If you create terrorist, fund terrorist and support terrorist....... then YOU ARE A TERRORIST!!!

Get it????
  • Options
    polaris wrote:

Organizations that have the capability to terrorize and have terrorized in certain instances. Your apples to apples here are ridiculous, even to a person like me who is anti-cia and anti-mossad.
  • Options
    polaris wrote:

i wonder who helped to create AL quaida... mmmmmm
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    i wonder who helped to create AL quaida... mmmmmm

This is what I love..... the juvenille "well so are you" response.
  • Options
    Organizations that have the capability to terrorize and have terrorized in certain instances. Your apples to apples here are ridiculous, even to a person like me who is anti-cia and anti-mossad.

well ... that is your opinion ... saying it is ridiculous doesn't make it so ... you say these organizations have terrorized but yet will not call them terrorists ...
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    ????????? Did you not just read my post? Theer GOVERNMENT created Hezbollah!!!!!!!! Who do you think gave Hezbollah their rockets? Who do you think is giving them money to rebuild Lebanon? If you create terrorist, fund terrorist and support terrorist....... then YOU ARE A TERRORIST!!!

Get it????

haha

repeat one more time, just for you. Iran State, and their government, are not a terrorist organisation, or if you want to stay on that line, you must accuse the USA govt. of being a terrorist state, on the same basis you accuse Iran of being one. Don't make me laugh more please, i've lost all the fun i had posting on this board because of people like you saying "you support or YOU ARE a terrorist", get over it...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    This is what I love..... the juvenille "well so are you" response.

it might be juvenile if you would hold your own country to the same standards ...
  • Options

and clinton,nixon and company were not of the bozo breed?

America is not only judged by it's current policy but by it's past as well.
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    i judge based on historical facts ... what do you think fallujah is? ... what do you think haditha is?? ... we can go back to panama and guatemala and all those other places where commerce drove foreign policy and list the death of the innocent ...

this has nothing to do with Bush as it is about defending the American way of spreading "democracy" ...

if you had checks and balances then there is absolutely no way you would be in iraq right now ...

I agree..but the USA has never had a doctine about targeting civilians. Iran does.... There is a moral difference there that the US and Israel have over Iran. There was no good reason for this latest war in lebanon, but it happened, and Iran backed Hezbollah actually used the Lebanon people as sheilds. This is truly sick and shows a vast moral distinction.... The USA foreign policy is not perfect and needs to be changed, but you cannot rightly compare the two regimes.