Options

Sir No Sir!

AbookamongstthemanyAbookamongstthemany Posts: 8,209
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
-Oscar Wilde
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i went to an event in my local city for Lt. Watada and the speaker (who i almost proposed too, except i saw her wedding band and she lives in San Francisco) showed us the trailer for this... looked interesting... she was on a national tour spreading information about his case and gathering support for him and the anti-war cause

i still cant get out if my head how goddamn hot she was! :p

thanks for the link
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    Now that war is over.. the consensus is that it was wrong.

When this one is over, amazingly the consensus will be the same.

and with the same great manipulation, it will happen again.
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Abuskedti wrote:
    and with the same great manipulation, it will happen again.

Super show last night on the CBC up here about the war machine down there. Classic spin, classic lies and classic death. All at the expense of the fawning, scared, public.

I know it was yesterday but here is a link anyhow. If anybody is interested to see what we get fed up here about down there. ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/program/index.jsp?program=Why+We+Fight&network=CBC%20Television&startDate=2006/08/24&startTime=20:00
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    I recently read a book on postraumatic stress in Vietnam vets, and this was discussed in quite a bit of detail. There were many outright refusals to follow orders, and even "fragging" of officers who tried to get their men to attack in dangerous situations. The U.S. military had basically broken down and ceased to function properly by 1970.