Options

Speak Up!

AbookamongstthemanyAbookamongstthemany Posts: 8,209
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
-Oscar Wilde
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Up!
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,761
    Think for yourself...
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    Think for yourself...

question authority! right on!

was that your point or were saying that by sharing the video I'm not thinking for myself? If that's the case then we should cease to watch all movies and videos, stop reading books, newspapers, articles...that logic doesn't make sense. There is nothing wrong with sharing opinion pieces. most of us here can watch whatever is out there is have the ability to process it and use our critical thinking to decide if we agree or not. Just because people may not share your opinion, that in no way demonstrates their ability to think for themselves.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    question authority! right on!

was that your point or were saying that by sharing the video I'm not thinking for myself? If that's the case then we should cease to watch all movies and videos, stop reading books, newspapers, articles...that logic doesn't make sense. There is nothing wrong with sharing opinion pieces. most of us here can watch whatever is out there is have the ability to process it and use our critical thinking to decide if we agree or not. Just because people may not share your opinion, that in no way demonstrates their ability to think for themselves.

My point was exactly what you thought it was (Tool quote)

• Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    The video speaks for itself...

Thanks for the link.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    know1 wrote:
    My point was exactly what you thought it was (Tool quote)

while salival is a great album, i prefer the studio version w/ the bill hicks quotes,but i guess i could be biased (ya see that skitch!?) :p
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    know1 wrote:
    Think for yourself...

exactly, put down the bible
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    exactly, put down the bible

It's probably a concept beyond your ability to grasp, but it is possible to read the bible and still think for yourself. Much like a person can watch a movie, go to school, read a magazine and still think for themself.