Options

Statistical analysis of best PJ songs and albums

GernierGernier Posts: 3
edited March 2008 in The Porch
We've all got our opinions about how every PJ song and album stacks up against all the others. Sure. And of course, all those opinions are valid, but in the end they are personal and based purely on gut instinct.

For as long as there have been sports competitons, owners and managers and scouts have used exactly that kind of 'intuition' to select and draft and sign players. Now, in the age of Moneyball, they rely more on complex, evidence-based, statistical analyses which have often revealed that their gut instincts about which players were really contributing the most to a team were wrong.

Could that same kind of approach go deeper than mere personal opintion, and use actual data to reveal the best PJ songs and albums? The cool people over at http://www.TwoFeetThick.com have posted an article which analyzes all PJ songs and albums in a statistical framework using data from the setlist archive and the March Madness tourney results (which, sadly, look like it won't happen this year) and comes to some interesting conclusions that might not jive with what you think. Check it out and tell me what you think (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:greger.larson@gmail.com">greger.larson@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I love that site... thanks for posting that very cool.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08